Main Menu

AMES toledo update

Started by AMESbalti/toledo, March 14, 2005, 12:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AMESbalti/toledo

just wanted to post this i tried a few weeks ago. there were four stores in toledo metro area. 1115,1116,1117 and 1126. reynolds rd 1126 was painted battleship grey at first(and still) and made a makeshift church. now it is an antique outlet store. northwood store still standing now a indoor flea market still using ames fixtures. central ave. store was last store in shop center to close(had a kroger grocery and joann fabrics both closed before ames as did the bank ) lot was owned and leased by a carlot company as the the whole rd is known as the central ave. strip cause of the carlots. rumors first to be leveled and turned into a carlot. deal feell through just as WAL MART came to toledo. walmart bought shop center from carlot raised it now a walmart. alexis lewis stood awhile empty, but lowes desided to move in to compete with home depot. they bought store and raised it. so 2 are still here but for how long i dont know. walmart and menards looking for expansion could buy other two stores.

p.s. does anyone know what happened to 3 of stores i worked in baltimore  416 diamondpoint 511 eastpointmall 51?martin blvd.

D_mancurrier

Before the Wal-Mart came through it was one of those traveling close-out sale expos.

My mom was the manager of that Jo-Anns!