AMESFANCLUB
November 17, 2017, 05:19:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]
  Print  
Author Topic: McDonald's  (Read 69154 times)
TheFugitive
Expert Member

« Reply #570 on: April 28, 2017, 07:15:45 AM »

Stopped in McDonalds this morning for breakfast.

I noticed that they are rolling out an artisan sandwich program.   
The customer gets to choose the type of patty they want (beef, fried or grilled chicken),
what toppings they like, the type of bun, cheese, etc. etc. 

Not sure that's a smart move.  McDonalds famously simplified their menu awhile back
because of food waste costs and issues with speed of service.  Now they are heading
in the other direction.

If that's not strange enough, I overheard the manager tell another customer that
soon they will be serving steak!
retailisking
Expert Member

« Reply #571 on: April 28, 2017, 09:13:12 PM »

McD's is phasing out Hi-C Orange from its beverage lineup
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4456646/McDonald-s-RID-beloved-Hi-C-orange-drink.html
ShopKoFan
Expert Member

Knows ShopKo too well.

« Reply #572 on: May 08, 2017, 02:31:30 PM »

Wendy's still has their Hi-C beverage, Flashin' Fruit Punch. I don't get what all the fuss is all about over a fruity drink. They could always switch to Wendy's unless they have a good reason to like McDonald's.

ShopKoFan
Expert Member

Knows ShopKo too well.

« Reply #573 on: May 13, 2017, 11:30:54 PM »

Can McDonald's finally make a premium burger work?

McDonald's new Signature Crafted burgers include Maple Bacon Dijon; Sweet BBQ Bacon and Pico Guacamole.

By Samantha Bomkamp - Contact Reporter
Chicago Tribune

McDonald's has launched a line of premium mix-and-match sandwiches it calls Signature Crafted, a pricier option it hopes customers will bite onto despite their focus on value.

The Signature Crafted line features three topping choices: Maple Bacon Dijon (grilled onions, thick-cut bacon and Dijon sauce); Sweet BBQ Bacon (barbecue sauce, bacon and crispy onions) and Pico Guacamole (avocado, pico de gallo and buttermilk ranch sauce.) All come with white cheddar cheese. The topping options are available on a burger patty or grilled or crispy chicken. The new line, which rolls out nationwide this week, costs around $5. The timing of the rollout varies by market, and some restaurants in Chicago offered the sandwiches earlier than this week.

The Signature Crafted line was developed after McDonald's discontinued Create Your Taste, an entirely customizable sandwich platform.

Speed is a critical consideration for McDonald's and other fast-food chains rolling out new sandwiches, as too many options can bog down the kitchen and slow the arrival of a customer's food.

But McDonald's may face another problem with the unveiling of Signature Crafted: Customers may not be willing to fork over $5 for a burger. The world's largest burger chain said in March that the higher-priced versions of its value option, McPick2, didn't work. The Golden Arches also said it has lost millions of customer visits over the past five years, since it first moved away from the dollar menu.

Premium burger options have had little success at McDonald's. The company has tried a number of options from the Arch Deluxe to Sirloin Burgers that it eventually discontinued.

But CEO Steve Easterbrook says he's confident that customers will flock to the new options, which will be available with cooked-to-order fresh beef by the middle of next year. To balance out the price of a meal, McDonald's earlier this year cut beverage prices, offering $1 soda and brewed coffee. It also offers frequent promotions for free fries and other discounts through its mobile app.

jamesway_95
Pre-Awesome Ames Dude

« Reply #574 on: July 10, 2017, 01:17:29 PM »

A seasonal McDonald's in North Wildwood, New Jersey closed for good.

http://www.wildwood365.net/2016/10/north-wildwood-mcdonalds-closes.html

There was one on the Wildwood boardwalk that closed as well. I took a photo of it in 2008:

https://flic.kr/p/5eVBJw
Pikapower
Ames 4 Lyfer!

I'm a Kids "R" Us kid!

« Reply #575 on: July 13, 2017, 07:23:39 AM »

This question kind of flew into my mind regarding the soft serve ice cream machines at McDonald's, why do some McDonald's restaurants never fix the soft serve ice cream machine?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 07:55:53 AM by Pikapower » Logged

retailisking
Expert Member

« Reply #576 on: September 05, 2017, 07:19:06 PM »

Two of the three last "rogue" franchisees selling the '90s throwback have pulled the item from their menus
https://www.today.com/food/mcdonalds-mcpizza-only-available-one-location-t115920
TheFugitive
Expert Member

« Reply #577 on: September 06, 2017, 09:41:49 AM »

I remember ordering McPizza at the McDonalds in Delaware, Ohio.
I liked it.  But completion in the pizza business is brutal.
JJBers

No Ames nearby since 2002...

« Reply #578 on: October 23, 2017, 08:54:55 PM »

My second closest McDonald's has the large "M" retro sign. The sign received major damage thanks to Hurricane Sandy, but surprisingly they replaced the whole sign with the only the Billions area being changed. Photo, post renovation:

Willimantic, Connecticut by JJBers, on Flickr
Here's the newly renovated location (It was just a mansard roof location before):

Willimantic, Connecticut by JJBers, on Flickr

I think it looks nice. The old roof was getting very old.

Flickr
Eastern CT Retail

In the backcountry of Connecticut (aka Willimantic)

Brammy
Administrator
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #579 on: October 25, 2017, 07:54:32 PM »

No details as to what it entails, but this article discusses what will replace the Dollar Menu.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-24/mcdonald-s-rolls-out-successor-to-dollar-menu-as-price-war-rages#ampshare=https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-24/mcdonald-s-rolls-out-successor-to-dollar-menu-as-price-war-rages

~Marc B~
Southington, Connecticut
MikeinBuffalo
Jr. Ames-Lad!

« Reply #580 on: October 31, 2017, 09:07:15 AM »

McRib is back! They must have used half the bottle of BBQ sauce on mine...
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]
  Print  

Jump to: