AMESFANCLUB
January 23, 2018, 07:57:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Southampton, MA  (Read 1304 times)
shadokp
« on: October 16, 2007, 01:06:36 PM »

Wow, I can't believe this site exists.  I worked at the Easthampton Ames for 5 years (1984 - 1989) and have lots of memories of the store.  Since I helped open the store in 1984 I felt obligated to be there at the last day the store was open.  It was very weird and sad.  I obsessed about Ames - returning to work there again and wondering what some of my co-workers were doing these days.  For a while I had dreams of working there again.....

I have many stories and memories (shoplifters, customers, explosions, car accidents and so on).  I may have somewhere some old Ames materials including Ames employee badges, buttons and perhaps some of the old newsletters.  I have an Ames comb!!

I remember there was a picture taken of all the executives and managers when the store opened and I snuck into the back of the photo - I would love to know if that and other things like that still exist somewhere.

I put together and made a few things that the store were still using when I left (key rack) and wondered if some of that stuff is still around.  I actually don't know what the status is of the Southampton store - maybe I'll travel up there to see.

I always called it the Easthampton store because the store was actually right on the border of those two towns and I believe the cash office was in the Easthampton half.

The store was #357  or #356 I think.

KP
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: