Restaurants down South........

Started by TRU7536, September 14, 2007, 09:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRU7536

ok, i just took a trip to florida and yes i drove down their from CT (i never do again). But on my way down their, i saw so many different places that we dont have here. Down South, their have much more then we have up here. Waffale house is huge down their (wasnt good), shoneys (disgusting) huddle house, sonic, hardies( nasty fast food), steak "N" shake  and much more.  I know we post stuff thats around here, but i was wondering if anyone ever been to these places either?

By the way, Ruby tuesday is also huge down their and so is quiznos and Dunkin doughnuts, stoped seeing them after virginia and saw it in very very very places in florida.

TRU7536

also, ihop is huge down their to. It anything that comes down to buffet or diner type food.

amesman

Well, I have a theory about food..especially fast food/restaurants, etc. The northeast sucks for that. The reason we don't have any of that stuff is because it wouldn't be good here. Albany had some Hardees restaurants for awhile in the 90's. They ended up closing. Jack In The Box used to be here. Not anymore. Krispy Kreme even decided to give it a shot. That lasted long. Waffle House won't come to New York due to the strict smoking laws and there's something else in the picture as well, not that I know what it is. Also, Sonic, while they have set up shop in New Jersey, probably won't be coming to New York anytime soon.  

Anyway.. to make my point more clearer of why things suck here in the Northeast I will give you an example involving Steak and Shake. I have been to a couple of these, one in Ohio, and one in Springfield, MO. But then I went to one in Erie, PA. It was not worthy of being a Steak and Shake at all. The food was terrible, and the service was sub-par at best. This was also the only Steak and Shake location that was not opened 24 hours.

I could use this point for everything. The Chick Fil-A's in New Jersey and PA aren't as good as the south and midwest. Waffle House is the same way. The closer you get to the Northeast the worse it gets, because they don't give a damn. In the south or the midwest you could walk into a restaurant at 10pm and be treated the same way as if it were 10am. And the food is just better. Hell.. a Wendy's burger would be 100 times better than here.

Now yes, I know some may have different opinions than myself, but I have noticed a major difference in the way food is outside the Northeast. Not just the food choices, but the way things are done. I wish we had Waffle House, Hardees, Jack In The Box, Whataburger, Chick Fil-A, etc. But at the same time, I'm glad they're not here, because it would not be the same.

C. Fontaine

Between traveling to my dads house and taking a road trip to Myrtle Beach and Virginia Beach I saw a ton of places I never even heard of.  In Florida Church's Chicken is big, and way better than KFC.  A lot of the southern airports had Chick-fil-a's, Flamers and whatnot.  When I went to Myrtle Beach I saw Hardee's, Jack-in-the-Box, Waffle houses etc...  But the best place I went to was Buffalo Wild Wings and got their nuclear hot sauce.  Never had anything hotter in my life!

amesman

Buffalo Wild Wings have started popping up here in the Northeast. They're ok. I've recently tried a wing chain that is better though. It's called Wings Over, and each location takes the name of the area(example: Wings Over Albany, Wings Over Saratoga, etc). They're awesome. Another chain that is actually good in the Northeast that has popped up is Five Guys. They are a burger chain from Virginia. If they are good here, they must be even more great in their natural area. Never heard of Flamers. I've seen tons of Church's Chicken places. Another good one: Krystal. The better version of White Castle.

dmx10101

Cant believe they dont have those places much up north. I love Churchs chicken, chick fil a is awesome, five guys is like home made, flamers is good, wild wings is a fun place. I have all of them close to me.
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org