Main Menu

Work location

Started by d_fife, March 06, 2005, 11:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisp

ron who did you work with John K? or ED P?

skypilot047

worked at murphy/ames dc in mckeesport.would like to hear from others.

DoubleC83

I worked at Ames in Catskill, NY from June 2000- closing.  I enjoyed working there very much.  I used to push carts, help do carry outs, stock shelves, and even went on register ocassionally.    Its kind of funny but every once in a while I have a dream where a new store opens up and I am working there with the same employees as my old Ames.

Thats a little pathetic now that I think about it...but hey I loved the job!!

dkirk05

I worked at the Ithaca, NY store #1064 (formally Hills #64) for almost 22yrs. total so it was quite a shock to my system when they announced they were going out of business. I loved working for both companies and miss the store and all the people I worked with. I have since moved to SC, just a happy homemaker now, so I don't have contact with many any more, but the memories of good times still remain.

TheFugitive

I was part of Ames' westward expansion in 1988-91.
I was a hardlines manager for stores #291, Wauseon, Ohio,
#580, Hillsdale, Michigan, and #414, Imlay City, Michigan.
I also spent six weeks at the acquired Zayre's store on
Beach Blvd. in Jacksonville, FL, helping to convert it over
to an Ames store.

dormaggy

I worked for the Ames in Meriden, Ct.  This was the homestore for the Rocky Hill.  I worked when the company changed over from Kings to Ames.  I really miss it, in fact I still have dreams that I am still working there.  I started working as a cashier but when I left I worked in the cash office.  I worked in every dept.  I loved working there during Christmas time........no scanning then, we had to punch in 9 digit sku.  If only they could regroup and start over and get rid
:)of trash walmart.  I miss it.

opheliadrowns

I worked at the Ames East Providence, RI store from 1994-1997 but my father had worked in the store when it was first Zayre's as well as working in it as Ames.  I grew up in that store literally since he worked two jobs and would be there every Friday & Saturday night and Sundays so my mother would take me and my sister out after dropping him off at work and then we would get there early to pick him up sometimes and the managers knew us so well that they would let us stay inside to wait for him even.  My sister worked there from 1996-1998 too.  When it was being closed, I was devastated.  It was such a large part of my childhood memories.  I was the last customer on the last day it was open.  I stayed in and waited until everyone else was checked out and then made my final purchase while crying.  I still have the receipt for it even as well as smocks, signs, price tags and various other items.  

83strainer

I worked for Ames from 1994-closing. I started as a cashier, then CSM, then Jewlery manager, store trainer all in store 83 Pawling NY. I was also a traveling trainer with the Hills conversion and the Chicago stores. Then district trainer out in the Rocky Hill district. I have missed working there since we closed. I have not been happy at any job since.