Main Menu

Ames music during GOB sales

Started by AmesNewington, July 30, 2007, 03:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmesNewington

Does anyone know if their local Ames continued playing music in their stores during their GOB sales. The Newington Ames didn't, and I can't figure out why. It made the whole experience rather more depressing, because all you'd here when you went in the store was the ceiling fans and nothing else.

C. Fontaine

Yeah, my Ames did.  They also announced the sales every 15 minutes or so.  I was there there the last few hours up to close, and they announced 50% then 40%-30%-20%-10%.  Then, basically the entire store was narrowed to literally two big sales baskets.  Of course during the fixture sales in the days following, they weren't playing anything.

Zayre88

In september 2002, there was music playing at the Ames store at the Belknap Mall in Belmont NH.  I remember because one the songs was: Boz Scaggs - Look what you've done to me.

I mentioned it in a previous post: http://www.amesfanclub.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=202&page=1#pid1704

It was a slow and depressing song that you could hear clearly because there was only a few customers shopping and not a lot of noise.  I remember that i walked in the bakeware aisle and all that was left was the display baking molds screwed to the shelf...:P

C. Fontaine

Hehe, thats funny.  Here's the receipts of my last purchases at Ames, the first one my puchase on their final day.

http://www.amesfanclub.com/resource/inventory.htm

I bought that clipboard also pictured there for .25.  Basically their final bin of stuff was everything that you couldn't give away.  It all ended up in the dumpster the next day.  The second receipt is from the fixture sale in the days following their closing.

As for the song, I don't remember exactly what was playing.  I know when I was at the fixture sale I pressed one of the customer serivce boxes to see if they still worked.  They did, and the guys weren't too happy!

AmesNewington

Thanks for telling me. I can't understand what happened at the Newington store. Even the PA system sounded different in their final months. It sounded like a warehouse. It was depressing. They should have played something.

BTW: I went the last day that Ames was open back in 2002, and people were actually laughing with each other. I was crying!! They were RUDE.