Main Menu

Ames font.

Started by dmx10101, July 23, 2007, 09:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmx10101

I don't know if this has been discussed before but does anyone know what style of font the Ames logo is?
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

C. Fontaine

I've thought the same thing.  I've looked all over the internet but haven't been able to find anything.  I believe the logo came up in the 60's or 70's so I'm sure it probably isn't digital.

mikey7290

QuoteOriginally posted by C. Fontaine
I've thought the same thing.  I've looked all over the internet but haven't been able to find anything.  I believe the logo came up in the 60's or 70's so I'm sure it probably isn't digital.

It looks to me like it could be a cross between the Cooper font and the Times New Roman font.  I have created a couple of examples here, with Cooper at the top and Times New Roman below it.

Chuck E. Cheese

It's a Custom Font that is More or Less a Serifed, and Flat Version of the Cooper font. Times New Roman is a very commonly used serif font. (Serifs are the little things like Hooks at the Bottom of the A And such)

Chuck E. Cheese

*bump*
Hurrah! I Found a font that is practically what Ames Used. The Spacing and Height is a little off, but you can easily edit that (and if you don't know how you can send it to me :) )

http://www.azfonts.net/load_font/itc_cheltenham--lte50655.html

Chuck E. Cheese

And this I Created from that font for the AFC Homepage: