Main Menu

Abington, MA

Started by C. Fontaine, July 19, 2007, 07:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C. Fontaine

So yesterday I was browsing through some photos and came across some old pictures I took of the Abington Ames years ago.  After some thought I realized we missed a prime opportunity, the chance to snag both red and green receiving signs!

On a spur of the moment idea, Cassie and I decided to take a trip there today to seize the signs before time ran out, although it doesn't look like this Ames is going anywhere fast.  The red sign, eager to escape, came right off the wall.  The green sign obviously wasn't ready to leave its home.  After some serious prying tugging, the pounds of rubber cement let go and it was off.  One good thing observed here was the store is apparently being kept up. During our last visit there were workers repairing the roof, and this trip we see that some smashed windows in the front have been repaired.  On the way home we also grabbed some nice dusk pictures of the East Providence Ames, which the Shaws next door was supposed to have moved in to.  Apparently that never happened.  Two more signs in the bag!

dmx10101

After looking at the photos of this Ames, I noticed it seemed to be a rather large store. Is that true or is it just me?
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

C. Fontaine

Yeah it does seem to be a rather large Ames compared to many.

beachgal26

I'm curious, Chris, as to where you store all the treasures that you find on your outings.  I hope that you have them in a secure storage facility.  (That's where I have my food court chair from the Mall of Memphis that I liberated before they demolished it in 2004!)

:insane:

C. Fontaine

Of course I do, its an aluminum shed in my backyard in Dudley!:insane:

beachgal26

Just make sure that you are heavily insured!

:insane:

C. Fontaine

Haha, I can't keep as close an eye on it as, for the time being, I live in Providence.  I would get a storage unit if I could afford it, but for now I don't know of anyone wanting to confiscate any of it!

beachgal26

You'll probably be safe as long as no one knows where it is.  How long have you been collecting Ames goodies and what are some of the most unusual items that you've found?

:question:

C. Fontaine

When I get home I'll look for some pictures.  I've got an Ames handicapped / wheelchair cart.  Green vest, full box of thermal receipt rolls with Ames warranty on back, lotsa stuff.  The receiving sign part needs to be updated.
http://www.amesfanclub.com/resource/inventory.htm

beachgal26

How I wish that I had saved anything from my days in FL!  When I think of all the bags that I tossed, it just makes me so sad, but who knew??

;)