AMESFANCLUB
July 23, 2017, 06:35:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 7/12  --------Jon here! WASSUP?Huh?Huh?

Start some topics..........

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95]
  Print  
Author Topic: K-Mart  (Read 282796 times)
BillyGr
Expert Member

« Reply #2820 on: July 13, 2017, 09:26:22 AM »

Every day in my inbox I get increasingly desperate sounding emails from
Sears-Kmart begging me to shop there.

The last time I did some pity shopping there they got hacked and my bank
had to cancel my debit card.  Not sure I want to go back.

I'd say if they were having good deals go ahead and go, just bring some cash along to avoid any issues with your card.
standa

« Reply #2821 on: July 13, 2017, 11:00:06 AM »

Has anyone else seen the "Summer Blowout: 10-50% off everything" sale that kmart is having?
They say it's so they can make "room for fab fall deals", yeah sure.
I suspect that much of the items they sell won't be restocked and they are just using the extra income to stay afloat so they can make it until Christmas.
If that's the case it's likely the complete going out of business for kmart will be sometime early 2018.

That's all speculation and people have been guessing the end for years now so who knows but that is what it seems like to me.

You might be jumping to conclusions. I went to kmart.com and this "summer blowout" looks like a run of the mill seasonal clearance/markdown that every store does to entice people to buy seasonal items before they begin bringing in their next season's merchandise. NOT their entire stock/website. Let Kmart's demise happen when the time comes. Until then, let them continue on. I don't understand how some people want to see them disappear completely and try and predict the end. I don't want to see them go just yet.  

I very well could be jumping to conclusions, hence why I said " That's all speculation" I have no idea.
Also it's not just seasonal items on sale if you look everything is at least 10% off, the two kmarts I visited on Sunday had pretty much every item in the entire store discounted with higher discounts on the seasonal items. I don't know what retail is like out where you live but I've never walked into a Walmart or a Target and seen the whole store 10%-50% off for a "run of the mill seasonal clearance", not to mention most of the signs were hand written with the amount of percentage off which I've only ever seen during a going out of business or liquidation sale.
Another thing that I find odd is on the kmart website and in store they are advertising only 10% off in some sections but many of the products are actually cheaper than that, so why would you not want to properly advertise the lower prices?

Maybe you are right and this is just a normal sale but I've personally never seen anything like it except when a store was going out of business. I just can't see any other reason why they would run a sale like this unless they want people to think that their local Kmart store is going out of business cause that's what it looked like when I walked into my local kmart.

Look at those signs and tell me your first impression

For comparison here is a kmart that closed

Where is that KMart that appears to be going out of business located?
buzz86us

« Reply #2822 on: July 13, 2017, 11:21:17 AM »

with everything happening I am surprised that the K-Mart in Queensbury still stays in business especially with two walmart super centers a short drive away
BillyGr
Expert Member

« Reply #2823 on: July 14, 2017, 06:06:00 PM »

with everything happening I am surprised that the K-Mart in Queensbury still stays in business especially with two walmart super centers a short drive away

Even if they are slightly less Super than they used to be Wink

Not really sure who had the idea to put that out so far from the rest of the shopping areas (at least before Walmart decided to join them, apparently not thinking the existing WalAmes [which may have been one of few, if any, where the two existed side by side] was enough).
Zayre88
Sub-Administrators
Expert Member

« Reply #2824 on: July 17, 2017, 05:19:23 PM »

Kmart in Salem NH:

The store does not have the current logo.  It's part of the former Big Kmart logo.

Pikapower
Ames 4 Lyfer!

I'm a Kids "R" Us kid!

« Reply #2825 on: July 17, 2017, 06:12:36 PM »

Kmart in Salem NH:

The store does not have the current logo.  It's part of the former Big Kmart logo.

From the looks of that Kmart I though that was one of the Kmarts that had never gone big and used the 1990 logo (without the "Big" on it).
Zayre88
Sub-Administrators
Expert Member

« Reply #2826 on: July 17, 2017, 06:24:01 PM »

Kmart in Salem NH:

From the looks of that Kmart I though that was one of the Kmarts that had never gone big and used the 1990 logo (without the "Big" on it).

It did have the Big Kmart logo at some point, however it's possible that this logo was not part of the BigKmart logo and is simply a larger single "K" logo.

danfifepsu
Ames In their blood!

« Reply #2827 on: July 17, 2017, 07:00:52 PM »

IT had the BIG KMART LOGO And took it down 2 yrs ago.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 07:22:36 PM by danfifepsu » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95]
  Print  

Jump to: