Main Menu

K-Mart

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

OFFICAL KMART STOCK RACING CAR!!:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

This is a weird Kmart sign

it has the line that Big Kmart has but the line is usually ORANGE!

This one is BLUE!  :o

and I don't see a "BIG" on it either!:o

what sign is it?

:huh::huh::huh:

here it is:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by 76&AmesfanmanBBTB
This is a weird Kmart sign

it has the line that Big Kmart has but the line is usually ORANGE!

This one is BLUE!  :o

and I don't see a "BIG" on it either!:o

what sign is it?

:huh::huh::huh:

here it is:

I like this logo!

its different!

whatever it is lol:insane:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

more super k center:yup:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

another Super K pic

from the air!!!:yup:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

more super K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yup:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

super k sign:yup:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

Kmart in Australia!!!:yup::cool:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

current kmart logo:):boring:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

previous logo :yup::bounce::)

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

I like this Big K!:cool::bigsmile:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

BIG K AT NIGHT!!!! :cool::bigsmile:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

ANOTHER COOL BIG K!

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

Big K on side of stores wall:bigsmile:

sadly this store which is in Newton,Kansas has closed:no:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

Kmart cart corral sign in Australia

LOL :insane: they call shopping carts trolleys:insane:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

OMG!

for the first time in retail history Kmart has the color green on one of their stores!

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

LOL:insane:

this is a logo used as a headline in a Hawaii newspaper about the Sears Kmart merger

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by 76&AmesfanmanBBTB
current kmart logo:):boring:

all they did was take out the whit mart in the K
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Zayre88

One thing i noticed is that Kmart used two brands:  BIG Kmart and SUPER Kmart.

But on many stores, they used "Super - Kmart - Center" instead of the real Super Kmart logo.  The words super and center look like they were added to a regular red K logo !!

powersbt

As far as the current K Mart logo, I know it has been pointed out on this Message Board before, but it is a logo very similar to that of Targets. Where the Red K acts as a symbol like the Target symbol does in their logo. Underneath both Symbols is the name of the Store. Going by this, if the logo still says K Kmart to you, then wouldn't the Target Logo read Target Target??

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

1970s kmart flyer!:bigsmile:

Caldor1999

to be honiste i nevre liked Kmarts logo the first one was good but it got so old after the years the second one made the store look cheep esplcey by adding the BIG or thr Super logo on top of that the new logo is ok but its kinda a rip off of targets logo
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Jag67

I liked K-Mart's 1st logo the best, even though it was very dated-looking. It was alrerady pretty much phased out by the time I was born (The 2nd logo came out a year before I was born) but I did see one K-mart with the 1st logo.

amesman

The old Kingston, NY location had the old 70's logo, but it opened in 1981(along with the rest of the Hudson Valley Mall that it was an occupant of). In 1995, they moved out of HVM and Kmart opened a new Super Kmart(with the "Super Kmart Center" logo. I don't think I've ever seen just the Super K logo on any of the stores). Now that Super Kmart is closed and half of it is a Kohl's.

powersbt

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
to be honiste i nevre liked Kmarts logo the first one was good but it got so old after the years the second one made the store look cheep esplcey by adding the BIG or thr Super logo on top of that the new logo is ok but its kinda a rip off of targets logo

The first K Mart logo was my personal favorite. I think I like the newest Logo over the one that was between the 2. I like how the K Mart lettering at the bottom reflects the font of the Original mart logo.

Going back to the K Kmart thing (briefly),  I am sure to the K Mart Corp. (Sears-K Mart Corp. whatever it is now) I am sure that the Red K is there to act as a Pictogram just as the Target symbol is. Just a different way of using a symbol. I too think of it as a Ripoff of the Target Logo, but if it works, that's great. Eventually with time, most people should be able to look at the K without the K Mart at the bottom and know what store it symbolizes, just the same as the Target Symbol would now.

Caldor1999

the outher kmart logo kinda reminded me of the Spiclal K logo lol:insane:
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

kmart in 2002 sad huh
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

heasr anouther Kmart prodotype store
Caldor Forever!