Main Menu

K-Mart

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

I hope Shopko converts a few of the stores found in smaller communities into Shopko Hometown stores. A few of those small towns in places like Pennsylvania, California, Nevada, New Mexico etc. could benefit from having a Shopko Hometown store. The Shopko Hometown stores are more upscale than Kmart ever was.

Shopko converted all the Pamida stores, 20+ ALCO stores and a former True Value Hardware/V&S Variety Store location in Ely, Nevada recently, if they could do that, who knows, maybe they could convert some of the small Kmart stores in smaller communities to the Shopko Hometown brand.

I could see the Kmart in Tucumcari, New Mexico being converted into Shopko Hometown, Roses or Bomgaars a few years down the road...

retailisking

Quote from: Patrick Boots CEC on November 14, 2016, 09:40:20 PM
They could be in Blockbuster limbo - all company owned locations will close but specific franchises can stay open as long as they pay the fees.
Sears Hometown and Outlet Stores was spun off as a separate company in 2012, though how they would source Sears-branded product might have to change if Sears Holdings goes under. The value of the Sears IP would likely be enough to attract a buyer from the bankrupt estate. Sears has already been exploring a sale of its signature brands such as Craftsman, DieHard and Kenmore. Fast Eddie holds a majority stake in SHOS so he has a vested interest in ensuring that Sears Brands survives.

danfifepsu

Quote from: ShopKoFan on November 15, 2016, 08:24:59 AM
I hope Shopko converts a few of the stores found in smaller communities into Shopko Hometown stores. A few of those small towns in places like Pennsylvania, California, Nevada, New Mexico etc. could benefit from having a Shopko Hometown store. The Shopko Hometown stores are more upscale than Kmart ever was.

Shopko converted all the Pamida stores, 20+ ALCO stores and a former True Value Hardware/V&S Variety Store location in Ely, Nevada recently, if they could do that, who knows, maybe they could convert some of the small Kmart stores in smaller communities to the Shopko Hometown brand.

I could see the Kmart in Tucumcari, New Mexico being converted into Shopko Hometown, Roses or Bomgaars a few years down the road...

the tucumari one was one of the smallest I went there last June and behind it is mts. ITS real real real small. if a Walmart was there it would not have been there.    One I went to in Raton NM Was same way.

danfifepsu

This Kmart in Anderson SC is downsizing (I Went there last March). and What year will Kmart close?

TRJ_22487

Quote from: danfifepsu on November 15, 2016, 09:59:29 PM
the tucumari one was one of the smallest I went there last June and behind it is mts. ITS real real real small. if a Walmart was there it would not have been there.    One I went to in Raton NM Was same way.

Wow that is definitely the same size that the Durango, Colorado location was

danfifepsu

Quote from: TRJ_22487 on December 16, 2016, 07:29:59 AM
Quote from: danfifepsu on November 15, 2016, 09:59:29 PM

Wow that is definitely the same size that the Durango, Colorado location was

I went there last june. where was Durangos

danfifepsu

one on salt lake blvd in Oahu island in Hawaii is closing leaving one left and 2 closed last year. 2016 was a BAD YEAR FOR KMART And why that island those stores got remodeled and that.

danfifepsu

Quote from: danfifepsu on December 29, 2016, 12:22:39 AM
one on salt lake blvd in Oahu island in Hawaii is closing leaving one left and 2 closed last year. 2016 was a BAD YEAR FOR KMART And why that island those stores got remodeled and that.

BANGOR MAINE IS CLOSING TOOO AND so is ATtleboro

TRJ_22487

BANGOR MAINE IS CLOSING TOOO AND so is ATtleboro
[/quote]

Here is the Bangor Maine K-Mart in 1977 before the construction of the Bangor Mall

Zayre88

I wonder what will happen of the Kmart store in Madawaska Maine...

It is so remote, it won't make any sense to keep it open.  The Kmart truck does not need to stop in Presque Isle anymore and soon it won't need to go to Bangor..

danfifepsu

Quote from: Zayre88 on January 04, 2017, 05:44:48 PM

It is so remote, it won't make any sense to keep it open.  The Kmart truck does not need to stop in Presque Isle anymore and soon it won't need to go to Bangor..

they ARE CLOSINg 78 more Kmarts including the FIRST STORE in Garden City!! WHY? 78 on top of the 30 last week    http://fox2 now.com/2017/01/04/full-list-of-k  mart-and-sears-stores-closing-across-the-country/

the Kmart in Madawaska may do good as its the only store of its kind . and they wont have a store. It should make it as no competition. North of Bangor is nothing but treees.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Quote from: danfifepsu on January 04, 2017, 05:47:06 PM
Quote from: Zayre88 on January 04, 2017, 05:44:48 PM

they ARE CLOSINg 78 more Kmarts including the FIRST STORE in Garden City!! WHY? 78 on top of the 30 last week    http://fox2 now.com/2017/01/04/full-list-of-k  mart-and-sears-stores-closing-across-the-country/

the Kmart in Madawaska may do good as its the only store of its kind . and they wont have a store. It should make it as no competition. North of Bangor is nothing but treees.
Kmart's kingdom is crumbling. Nothing lasts forever.

busman_49

:o

Wow...  And so soon after the first set was announced.  This leaves Ohio with 26 locations. 

danfifepsu

Quote from: busman_49 on January 05, 2017, 06:45:53 AM

Wow...  And so soon after the first set was announced.  This leaves Ohio with 26 locations. 

why is the original store among them?

retailisking

Quote from: danfifepsu on January 05, 2017, 07:41:17 AM
Quote from: busman_49 on January 05, 2017, 06:45:53 AM

why is the original store among them?

Why not? Everything must go!

danfifepsu

who yelled at you for it? there will be 4 Kmarts left in Ct. Ok on average many states will have that many left. ITS like Kmart is old news.

Quote from: M.R.CALDOR on January 06, 2017, 07:06:02 PM
Was at Cromwell Square today, so sad, I used to frequent this place a lot as a young boy, now its becoming a distant memory. Got yelled at for taking pics inside, whatever, I'm going back in a week with a member of this very forum, should be exciting. Enjoy.

giantsfan2016

Geno,

That's a load of crap that the lady yelled at you. Once Cromwell closes remain stores in Connecticut are in Vernon, Milford, Southbury, and Watertown.

Marc

giantsfan2016

Quote from: M.R.CALDOR on January 06, 2017, 07:06:02 PM
Was at Cromwell Square today, so sad, I used to frequent this place a lot as a young boy, now its becoming a distant memory. Got yelled at for taking pics inside, whatever, I'm going back in a week with a member of this very forum, should be exciting. Enjoy.

Have fun. Stay safe. And don't do anything to get yourself arrested.

retailisking

Kmart AND Xpect Discounts in the same plaza? I'd hate to be their landlord.

giantsfan2016

Quote from: retailisking on January 06, 2017, 09:28:35 PM
Kmart AND Xpect Discounts in the same plaza? I'd hate to be their landlord.

Don't worry. Better days are ahead. In a story on WFSB.COM about KMART closing the Cromwell Town Manager says Shoprite is going into the plaza. That will take care of 50000-70000 square feet of the empty space.

giantsfan2016

I took these today (1/14/17) at the Cromwell, CT KMART. I went there with user M.R.CALDOR aka Geno.

retailisking

Kmart has fired hundreds of store-level middle managers chainwide; this story has some photos of clutter and decay at the Kmart at the Lilac Mall in Rochester, NH
http://www.businessinsider.com/sears-is-laying-off-workers-to-stay-in-business-2017-1

TheFugitive

Kmart has fired hundreds of store-level middle managers chainwide

A big reason I got out of the business.  The job was truly thankless.
We always took it on the chin for whatever went wrong, despite the fact that
it was generally the fault of home-office executives making 20x our salary.

danfifepsu

Quote from: retailisking on January 31, 2017, 01:59:44 AM
Kmart has fired hundreds of store-level middle managers chainwide; this story has some photos of clutter and decay at the Kmart at the Lilac Mall in Rochester, NH
http://www.businessinsider.com/sears-is-laying-off-workers-to-stay-in-business-2017-1

that Kmart is 45 min from me!

busman_49

Quote from: retailisking on January 31, 2017, 01:59:44 AM
<pics removed>

From the article:
"Sears, which owns Kmart, confirmed the layoffs to Business Insider."

Um, I thought that was the other way around...

BillyGr

Quote from: busman_49 on January 31, 2017, 12:49:01 PM
From the article:

Perhaps the confusion is that they decided to call it Sears Holdings, which would make people think that Sears was the one in charge?

danfifepsu

Quote from: BillyGr on January 31, 2017, 02:12:46 PM
Quote from: busman_49 on January 31, 2017, 12:49:01 PM
From the article:

Perhaps the confusion is that they decided to call it Sears Holdings, which would make people think that Sears was the one in charge?

when Kmart goes how many will the have left? after this wave 630 will be left. and what words will be used? for me I wont be surprised and will go to many to see one last time. I went to the ones in BAngor, ATtleboro and FAirhaven closing sales last week.
my nearest ones are in Rochester NH And Hooksett Nh.