A Zellers store that clearly was a Kmart:

TRU7536

Quote from: Zayre88 on June 11, 2012, 08:16:12 PM
A Zellers store that clearly was a Kmart:

What is a Zellers? Never heard of them.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Quote from: TRU7536 on June 11, 2012, 11:49:47 PM
Zellers is a Canadian discount store chain.

JimSawhill

Quote from: TRU7536 on June 08, 2012, 05:21:15 PM
Was watching the news and looks like the former Kmart in Manchester CT is coming down soon!

What will replace it??  A vacant Lot??

Off topic, but I'd like to know if the old JM Field's Stop & Shop shopping center in East Hartford, CT is still standing??

Tabuu

Quote from: ShopKoFan on June 12, 2012, 02:40:06 AM
Quote from: TRU7536 on June 11, 2012, 11:49:47 PM
Zellers is a Canadian discount store chain.

Most of their stores were bought out by Target now, so it's going to be defunct as well pretty soon, I assume.

dmx10101

Just a reminder to check out my site KmartWorld.com, as I have been adding new posts monthly. There's several different remodeled Kmart's that I have featured, along with a lot of other interesting Kmart's.
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

IGA/Kmart Is Forever!

Quote from: ShopKoFan on December 12, 2009, 02:46:42 AM

Peoria, Illinois:

Morton, Illinois:

Pekin, Illinois:

Washington, Illinois:

White Lake, Michigan:

(more photos-click here)

I'll have to admit that I love this lime green and gray color scheme better than I do the orange and brown color scheme. The orange and brown color scheme just isn't Kmart in my opinion, but the lime green and gray is Kmart all the way especially for revival efforts of the company in my opinion. Not only that, but the lime green and gray color scheme just jumps out and has potential to get customers attention in my opinion. Does anybody know why they abandoned the lime green and gray color scheme? I would certainly love to know.

Most Kmart stores in my area have had their buildings/stores painted orange and brown. There is really pretty much only one store left in my area that still has the original early 1990's renovation which is my favorite Kmart to this day and will always be my favorite Kmart store. I'll post a picture of it when I figure out how to download it into a post here on the forum.

katnapped

Actually they've been going with brown/beige/off-white lately on some of the exterior repaints.

CTAmeshopper

Quote from: ShopKoFan on June 11, 2012, 03:42:08 AM
The Kmart in Hartford, Wisconsin:

Cool store! Looks like it was built/remodeled in mid 90's as my best guess. I's say either 1995 or 1996 a year before "Big Kmart"

IGA/Kmart Is Forever!

Here is a picture of the Kmart that I stated that I would post in my last post that still has its original look since it's renovation in the early 1990's. I took this picture with my digital camera sometime back in either 2010 or 2011. If I were to choose what color scheme that I like for Kmart the most, I would have to say either the color scheme that is here in this photo that I took or the new lime green and gray color scheme. The orange and brown color scheme does nothing for me while at the same time it does not have the tendency to lure new shoppers in to the store the way that I think that the lime green and gray color scheme would.

These are just my opinions of what I think that Kmart should do to lure new shoppers into their stores while at the same time stay competitive with Target and Wal*Mart.

But whether or not the colors of their stores are the lime green and gray color scheme compared to the orange and brown color scheme in my opinion does not matter. All that matters is that I am a true Kmart shopper and I love shopping at Kmart. They are my favorite #1 Discount Department Store and the only discount department store that I will go to shop at. Growing up as a little boy my mother would not only take me to Kmart to shop, but she would also take me to Hills Department Stores to shop as well. I was born and raised on shopping at both Hills Department Stores and Kmart. Now that Kmart is the only retailer that is left of the two, I continue to go to Kmart, due to the fact that Target does not have the selection of products that I am looking for and Wal*Mart has the tendency to do nothing but kill jobs here in the U.S.A. with all of the stores that they shut down and put out of business. In fact, in my neighboring area there was a Wal*Mart that was built in the mid/late 1990's and it ended up killing half of the business in the city that it was built in, which makes my mother have to drive farther while at the same time spend more on gas to do her retail shopping.

dmx10101

Kmart is not using the orange and brown color scheme anymore. They are currently using the red and whiter color scheme for all current remodels, as seen at this store- http://www.kmartworld.com/2012/03/spotlight-part-2-of-2-sears-to-kmart.html. I personally think this red and white look is the nicest and suits Kmart best.

Quote from: IGA/Kmart Is Forever! on September 06, 2012, 12:32:36 AM
Here is a picture of the Kmart that I stated that I would post in my last post that still has its original look since it's renovation in the early 1990's. I took this picture with my digital camera sometime back in either 2010 or 2011. If I were to choose what color scheme that I like for Kmart the most, I would have to say either the color scheme that is here in this photo that I took or the new lime green and gray color scheme. The orange and brown color scheme does nothing for me while at the same time it does not have the tendency to lure new shoppers in to the store the way that I think that the lime green and gray color scheme would.

These are just my opinions of what I think that Kmart should do to lure new shoppers into their stores while at the same time stay competitive with Target and Wal*Mart.

But whether or not the colors of their stores are the lime green and gray color scheme compared to the orange and brown color scheme in my opinion does not matter. All that matters is that I am a true Kmart shopper and I love shopping at Kmart. They are my favorite #1 Discount Department Store and the only discount department store that I will go to shop at. Growing up as a little boy my mother would not only take me to Kmart to shop, but she would also take me to Hills Department Stores to shop as well. I was born and raised on shopping at both Hills Department Stores and Kmart. Now that Kmart is the only retailer that is left of the two, I continue to go to Kmart, due to the fact that Target does not have the selection of products that I am looking for and Wal*Mart has the tendency to do nothing but kill jobs here in the U.S.A. with all of the stores that they shut down and put out of business. In fact, in my neighboring area there was a Wal*Mart that was built in the mid/late 1990's and it ended up killing half of the business in the city that it was built in, which makes my mother have to drive farther while at the same time spend more on gas to do her retail shopping.

Retail World on Youtube
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

I wish Sears Holdings would spin off Kmart into a separate company, and then get bought out by Wesfarmers Ltd. a few years later, and use the same logo as Kmart Australia/New Zealand. They should also update their stores to match their stores in Australia and New Zealand (the Kmart stores are much tidier in Australia and New Zealand). I believe a field trip to Kmart Australia by a U.S. Kmart CEO would help in the revitalization of the American Kmart stores since they could learn from their success in another country, and apply the strategies used on their stores to our stores.

Kmart4life

Kmart K Cafe` in Winter Haven Florida with a Little Ceasars station. Sorry for the quality I was using my camera phone.

IGA/Kmart Is Forever!

I quite personally agree with you dmx10101. That red and white look is a lot more better than the orange and brown color scheme and the green and gray color scheme as well. While I like the green and gray color scheme over the orange and brown color scheme, I like the red and white color scheme with the new 21st Century Kmart Logo over both of the green/gray and orange/brown color schemes.

I have a question for you though dmx10101. About 90% or more of the stores around where I live have the orange and brown color scheme with the original 1990's logo with the word, "MART" inside the, "RED K." Given the fact that the 90% or more of the stores in my area have been recently painted orange and brown in the past few years, do you think that that The Sears Holdings Corporation will spend all the money that is needed to have all of the stores in my area painted red and white with the new 21st Century Kmart logo after they have just recently finished painting almost all of the stores in my area orange and brown? I would love to see a post with your response as well as anyone else who has an opinion as well.

quote author=dmx10101 link=topic=1451.msg52513#msg52513 date=1346941299]
Kmart is not using the orange and brown color scheme anymore. They are currently using the red and whiter color scheme for all current remodels, as seen at this store- http://www.kmartworld.com/2012/03/spotlight-part-2-of-2-sears-to-kmart.html. I personally think this red and white look is the nicest and suits Kmart best.

[/quote]

AmesNewington

An interesting thing I notice is that the Cromwell, Kmart holds none of these color schemes whatsoever. The outside is painted tan/brown with the 1997 Big Kmart logo on the outside. Inside, the walls are mostly white, with yellow sections in certain areas.

Interestingly enough, I don't think this store is going anywhere. Last year, they changed the bathrooms, and just about a month ago, they changed almost all of the register counters. It's weird though because registers 1-3 are the same old ones, and registers 4-8 are the new ones. They are nice. It's just the fact that the floors in the checkout area are so worn and as far as the registers go, I'm not sure why Kmart doesn't have belts to help move items along. It's the old fashioned way of putting your stuff on a small counter and pushing things up yourself if they are towards the back of the counter so the cashier can scan them.

I think the questions that Kmart makes the cashiers ask is ridiculous. Then sometimes they have to sign up ShopYourWay Rewards Members right there, slowing up the line. I feel bad for them.

dmx10101

Kmart is just doing certain stores and certain markets for remodels. They are not doing it to all of them. The red and white look is the current look that any stores that get a full remodel look like. So to answer your question, more than likely your stores aren't going to get any more repaints anytime soon.

Quote from: IGA/Kmart Is Forever! on September 09, 2012, 10:23:33 PM
I quite personally agree with you dmx10101. That red and white look is a lot more better than the orange and brown color scheme and the green and gray color scheme as well. While I like the green and gray color scheme over the orange and brown color scheme, I like the red and white color scheme with the new 21st Century Kmart Logo over both of the green/gray and orange/brown color schemes.

I have a question for you though dmx10101. About 90% or more of the stores around where I live have the orange and brown color scheme with the original 1990's logo with the word, "MART" inside the, "RED K." Given the fact that the 90% or more of the stores in my area have been recently painted orange and brown in the past few years, do you think that that The Sears Holdings Corporation will spend all the money that is needed to have all of the stores in my area painted red and white with the new 21st Century Kmart logo after they have just recently finished painting almost all of the stores in my area orange and brown? I would love to see a post with your response as well as anyone else who has an opinion as well.

quote author=dmx10101 link=topic=1451.msg52513#msg52513 date=1346941299]

[/quote]
Retail World on Youtube
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

TRJ_22487

Here is a very unique Bradlees turned Kmart that I've never seen. Closed in 1995.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joearchitect/6965207480/

IGA/Kmart Is Forever!

Quote from: ShopKoFan on December 12, 2009, 02:46:42 AM

Peoria, Illinois:

Morton, Illinois:

Pekin, Illinois:

Washington, Illinois:

White Lake, Michigan:

(more photos-click here)

Does anybody know if any of these five prototype lime green & gray color scheme stores have been closed at all or not? I am only asking this because I would love to be able to visit all five of them sometime if I ever get the chance and the opportunity to be able to get away and make a trip to go see them in the future.

TRJ_22487

They are still listed as open
Where is this former Circuit City located?

IGA/Kmart Is Forever!

Quote from: TRJ_22487 on November 23, 2012, 07:23:58 AM

What kind of a Kmart store is this? Is this a new location that they are thinking about opening? It must be, due to the fact that it is in a former Circuit City location and they just shut down a few years ago. Does anybody know? I also have the exact same question as TRJ_22487. Does anybody know where it is located?

jmcnamara96

Quote from: IGA/Kmart Is Forever! on November 23, 2012, 06:53:46 PM

What kind of a Kmart store is this? Is this a new location that they are thinking about opening? It must be, due to the fact that it is in a former Circuit City location and they just shut down a few years ago. Does anybody know? I also have the exact same question as TRJ_22487. Does anybody know where it is located?

I feel this is fake it looks like a creation someone made in photoshop

dmx10101

Yea that photo is definitely a fake photoshop job!
Retail World on Youtube
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

IGA/Kmart Is Forever!

Does anybody know if the logo on the front of this Kmart Store is real at all or not or was it made using some kind of technology? If it is real, does anybody know where it is located. I would love to see a Kmart Store with this new updated logo!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/infinione/3670124509/in/pool-876282@N25/

JoshAustin610

The logo is real, but the blue letters are definitely photoshopped; they don't even look like how neon normally looks in a picture.

CTAmeshopper

Quote from: jmcnamara96 on November 23, 2012, 09:20:59 PM
Quote from: IGA/Kmart Is Forever! on November 23, 2012, 06:53:46 PM

Quote from: jmcnamara96 on November 23, 2012, 09:20:59 PMI feel this is fake it looks like a creation someone made in photoshop

Definitely a fake, if this is a new concept store WHERE'S THE CARS???? plus look how fake the secondary signage that "shines" without any light source, plus look how drawn in the facade is, that yellow outline wouldn't be there in a real picture.

It's a brilliant fake but still a fake.  

Zayre88

This is a Kmart concept of mine:

CTAmeshopper

d_fife

Kmart4life

My Kmart should be rewarded for doing a really good job on Thanksgiving night, as close to 4,000 of us waited in line and I got everything I needed. They had all the sale items in stock and friendly service and there were no fights. Wish I could say the same for my local walmart!

Kmart4life

Taken last night of my local Kmart