Lincoln Mall, Lincoln, RI

Started by C. Fontaine, July 03, 2007, 04:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C. Fontaine

The Lincoln Mall.  Well, I'm not sure if I would go far enough to call it an actual classic "indoor" mall.  It basically is a large strip mall with a few detached buildings, and a small interior lobby with a few desolate stores.   The exterior portion of this mall is thriving.  I go here for lunch just about every day as I work at an office up the street, and it never looks like there are any people in these stores yet the parking lots are absolutely packed.  I go to the Subway in the interior portion and even though there seems to be a lack of traffic, it is more well kept than most other major malls I see, and every day ther is a cleaning lady cleaning the doors, etc.  It has a Papa Ginos, Subway, Claires, and and between the entrance to the movie theater and Lincoln Technical Institute they seem to be the only major things bringing people in.  About half of the interior storefronts are empty, losing Zales and most recently Dunkin Donuts last week.  Attached is a picture of the guys filling in the ballast holes from the sign.  I could have predicted, as this location only seemed to serve people employed within the mall and was pretty out of the way compared to the drive-thru that exists across the street.  For a mini-mall it is pretty spacious, and even has a fountain in its center.