Name that Television star

Started by HoJofan206, July 02, 2007, 11:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frameguy2704

QuoteOriginally posted by Ameskid
This actor died on October 11, 1991.[/quote

Redd Foxx who starred as Fred Sanford on Sanford and Sons.

HoJofan206

Yout got two out of three Frameguy2704!  The show, "Press Your Luck" was known for its cartoon like WHAMMIES!!

NO WHAMMIES, NO WHAMMIES, STOP!!

HoJofan206

Wow, it doesnt seem like we lost Red Foxx that long ago.  I can remember hearing about it the day he died on the news.

Here is our next person:

This actress was the youngest sister on a 1980's family sitcom.  Can you name her character, real name, and the show?

beachgal26

I'm hot this week!  That is Tina Yothers who was on "Family Ties" which also introduced us to the wonderful Michal J. Fox.

beachgal26

I forgot to add that she played the part of the yougest sister, Jennifer Keaton.

HoJofan206

You know your 80's show's beachgal26!!  In the later years the show added an "extra" son (as often happens with long running sitcoms), so I guess technically she wasnt the youngest child on the show, but she was the youngest daughter.  :-)

Here is the next one:

This comedian was on Saturday Night Live for several seasons in the early 1990's.  Sadly, he was murdered by his own wife. :no:  Can you name him AND the show he was a character a part of when he was killed?

frameguy2704

Phil Hartman, played Bill McNeal on News Radio

Marc82

He was also Tory Mclure and Lionell Hutz on The Simpsons.

powersbt

QuoteOriginally posted by HoJofan206
Yout got two out of three Frameguy2704!  The show, "Press Your Luck" was known for its cartoon like WHAMMIES!!

NO WHAMMIES, NO WHAMMIES, STOP!!

When you asked what the Show was Famous for, I thought you'd be looking for the Guy who won Thousands and Thousands of Dollars because he studied the Board at Home, and learned the Patterns. He did so well, that they were forced to continue the Game on the Next Airing Day. Poor Peter looked like he was going to have a Heart Attack!!

Ameskid

Phil Hartman was Captain Carl on Pee-Wee's Playhouse.
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

HoJofan206

Yes, I remember fondly watching that episode of Press Your Luck where the guy kept winning and winning.  I remember reading years later that he lost all of that money in poor investments.  I give him credit for "learning" the board". He had won over $110,000 dollars on that show which was a lot of money back in the mid 1980's.

HoJofan206

Now on to our next "star".

This person played on this 1970's/1980's sitcom for several years.  The show actually changed names.  Can you name her and the two names the show had?

frameguy2704

Linda Lavin played Alice Hyatt on "Alice" I don't know the other name the show had, it did have a spinoff show named "Flo" which lasted 1 season.

scottw73

I know it was based on the movie "Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore"

HoJofan206

You are both correct!  I guess I worded it wrong, what I meant to say was that people often called this show something else.  Some people called it "Mel's Diner" which was the name of the restaurant that Alice worked at.  Flo did in fact spin off into its own series, but only lasted one season as someone mentioned above.

Here is the next person:

This actress played on this night time "dramedy" from 1998 to 2002.  Can you name the show, her character, her real name AND who she is currently dating?  

Please do not confuse her with the show she currently plays on now.  (I cant name it as it might give her away)

HoJofan206

No guesses so far?  :huh:

ameskmart1

that's Calista Flockhart from Ally McBeal
Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

beachgal26

Hey!  How about some 70's and 80's soap opera trivia!

;)

HoJofan206

Can you name this actor, his characther, and his show.  BONUS question.  How long has the show he is on been on the air?

frameguy2704

That is Eric Braeden who plays Victor Newman on The Young and the Restless. And the show has been on the air since 1973.

HoJofan206

Good job once again Frameguy2704

Here is the next one:

Can anyone name the show this truck was on from 1979 to 1981?  Also, can you name the star from the show?

frameguy2704

the only thing I can think of is Smokey and the bandit and Burt Reyonlds was the star of the show.

Marc82

BJ and the Bear.  Stars Greg Evigan.

HoJofan206

Marc82 got it, its only the first you have missed Frameguy2704, you are still doing very well.

Here is the next one:

Can you name the woman on the left and the guy on the right AND the name of the show?

beachgal26

That's so easy!  That is Heather Locklear, Adrian Zmed and William Shatner from "TJ Hooker."

As a bit of trivia, Adrian Zmed played the best friend of Tom Hanks in "Bachelor Party" in 1984.

:insane:     :insane:

beachgal26

Ooops, I spoke too soon.  The guy in the middle is James Darren.  Adrian Zmed came on the show a bit latter.

:o

Caldor1999

she played oh a tv series from 1993 to 1999 whats her name on the show and her real name
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

frameguy2704

Lauren Lane who played C.C. Babcock on the Nanny

beachgal26

Hi!  Do I get credit for being correct on TJ Hooker?

:huh:     :huh:

HoJofan206

Can you name the show, ALL the character names AND who is the only major character missing from the picture? :huh: