Name that Television star

Started by HoJofan206, July 02, 2007, 11:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoJofan206

Ok guys, lets have some fun with this sight.  Lets take turns posting pictures of former television stars.  See who can

1.  Name the starts real name.

2.  Name the show the person played on.

Here is an example:

HoJofan206

Answer:

Mindy Cohn who played "Natalie" on The Facts of Life. ;)

HoJofan206

This actor was on a show that ran from 1979 to 1985.  Can you name him and the show he was on? :huh:

frameguy2704

Denver Pyle who played Uncle Jesse on the Dukes of Hazzard

HoJofan206

GREAT JOB FRAMEGUY2704!!  Denver Pyle played Uncle Jesse on the Dukes of Hazzard from 1979 to 1985.  He passed away on December 25th, 1997.

Now here is the next one:

This female star played on this late 1970's early 1980's sitcom for the first few years. Her later fame included a specific piece of home exercise equiptment.  Can you name the following.

1.  Her real name
2.  The show she played on
3.  The name of the exercise devise she endorsed.

powersbt

1. Suzanne Sommers
2. Three's Company (Bonus points for Step By Step??)
3. Thigh Master

HoJofan206

VERY GOOD POWERSBT!  You were 3 for 3!!  and got the bonus one too!

Here is the next one.  

Can you name this actress and the show she played on in the 1980's?

frameguy2704

Rue McClanahan
 played Blanche Devereaux
on the Golden Girls

Marc82

Shoot I thought that was her but at 530AM I wasn't 100% sure. She also played Aunt Fran on Mama's Family.

HoJofan206

Once again Frameguy2704 gets it 3 for 3.  And you too Marc82 are correct about Momma's Family.

Next person:

This Actress played on a 1980's Nighttime soap.  Can you name Her name, her character, and the show?

beachgal26

I've got this one for sure.  That is Linda Gray who played Sue Ellen (Shepherd) Ewing who was married to JR Ewing many times during the run of "Dallas."

:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

HoJofan206

Beachgal26 must have been a Dallas fan!  She got it all right.:duh:

You guys are good, Im gonna have to try to make this a little bit tougher.

This larger than life actress played on a 1980's sitcom.  Can you name her real name, character name and the show?
Sadly, she passed away January 23, 2003

ameskmart1

that's Nell Carter who played Nell Harper from Gimme A Break
Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

Marc82

"Gimmie a Break" was one of the first shows Joey Lawrence (of Blossom fame) was in.

Among Nell's last roles included playing a pyschiratrist in 3 episodes of the WB Network series REBA.

HoJofan206

Great job guys to both of you!  Here is our next person:

I am looking for the name of this person, character name and the name of the show he was on in the 1980's.  He is also from a very popular show from the 1970's.  Can you name all four things?  :huh:

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by HoJofan206
Great job guys to both of you!  Here is our next person:

I am looking for the name of this person, character name and the name of the show he was on in the 1980's.  He is also from a very popular show from the 1970's.  Can you name all four things?  :huh:

wasent he on happy days we should add some more shows from the 90's
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Marc82

Scott Baio. His character was Charles. His show in the 80s was Charles in Charge. His 70s shows were  Happy Days and Joannie Loves Chachi.

HoJofan206

Great job Marc82.

Ok, I will choose some people from the 1990's.

Here is the first one:

This person played a character on this 1990's sitcom AND he was also on a 1980's sitcome as well.  Can you name both shows, his real name and his character from this picture?

frameguy2704

Alfonso Ribeiro  who played Carlton Banks on The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air. in the 90's
he also played Alfonso Spears on Silver Spoons in the 80's

HoJofan206

Very good Frameguy2704

Here is the next one:
Im gonna make this one a bit harder since you guys are getting them so easily.

This actress played on a night time 1990's soap and in real life is married to one of her former cast members from that show.  Can you name her, her character, the show and as a bonus, who married from this shows cast?  :huh:

HoJofan206

No guesses so far?  Let me know if I need to leave another hint.  I might have gotten too hard with this one.

HoJofan206

OK, here is a hint:  The show played on FOX and was on Monday nights........

HoJofan206

OK, I must have gone too far with that one.  LOL

The actress is Laura Leighton, she played Sydney Andrews on Melrose place from 1993 to 1997.  She later married Melrose co-star Doug Savant, who now plays on the series Desperate Housewives.

HoJofan206

Here is the next one:

This person was the host of a daytime game show in the late 1980's/early 1990's.  He killed himself during around 1996 having bouts of depression.  Can you name him?  And the show he hosted?

HoJofan206

No guesses on this one? :huh:

beachgal26

It took me awhile to remember what show he was on, but Ray Combs was on "The Family Feud" from 1988-1994.  Despondent over many issues, he committed suicide in 1996.

HoJofan206

You are correct beachgal26, and sadly you are correct about him ending his own life in 1996.

Here is the next item up for bid:

This gameshow host was on this particular "fun" morning game show from 1984 to 1986.  Can you name the host, the show and the specific thing the show was known for?

Ameskid

I don't know who the host is, but I'm going to guess the show.
Either Trivia Trap, The All-New Let's Make A Deal, or Body Language.
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

Ameskid

This actor died on October 11, 1991.
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

frameguy2704

QuoteOriginally posted by HoJofan206
You are correct beachgal26, and sadly you are correct about him ending his own life in 1996.

Here is the next item up for bid:

This gameshow host was on this particular "fun" morning game show from 1984 to 1986.  Can you name the host, the show and the specific thing the show was known for?
his name is Peter Tomarken and he hosted " press your luck" I have no idea what he was famous for