Prototype Ford Focus Coupe / Convertible

Started by C. Fontaine, April 24, 2007, 07:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C. Fontaine

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=car.php&carnum=2726

Nice... But looks more like a confused Sebring!  The rear ends almost as big as the front!:insane:

HoJofan206

Ford needs to do something to get American shoppers interested in their cars again.  Besides the Mustang, Ford car sales are in the toilet.  They are allready gonna rebadge the Ford 500 into the Ford Taurus because sales have been way off of the mark.  Additionally, they are gonna make an SUV and have the word Taurus in it too.  Shows the signs of a company grabbing at strings if you ask me......and I OWN a Ford.  :no:

dmx10101

The Fusion's a pretty cool car and it's selling well.
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

HoJofan206

I agree that the new Fusion is a great replacement for the former Taurus.  Ford let their lineup run stagnant for far to long and are now trying to play catch up in a market where Toyota and Honda have done a great job updating/refreshing their models.

For far to long Ford promoted the name of the company rather than the vehicles they sale and I personally feel that was part of their problem.  They are doing a much better job at luring people into the showrooms by advertising their NEW products.  

Ford Focus sales started out very strong when the car first arrived, but as in the past, Ford ran with the same vehicle for far to long handing "repeat buyers" to other car company's.  The new Convertible Focus will help keep bring "trendy" buyers back to the company.  No longer will the Focus be considered an economy vehicle only.  

As seen by one of the members on here (who sadly lost his car in an accident). When you fix up a focus, it can be a pretty sharp looking little car.  Ford needs to start selling them like that from the showrooms to get a bigger piece of the market.  Ok, off of my soapbox now....  :insane:

Mobil

QuoteOriginally posted by HoJofan206
I agree that the new Fusion is a great replacement for the former Taurus.  Ford let their lineup run stagnant for far to long and are now trying to play catch up in a market where Toyota and Honda have done a great job updating/refreshing their models.

For far to long Ford promoted the name of the company rather than the vehicles they sale and I personally feel that was part of their problem.  They are doing a much better job at luring people into the showrooms by advertising their NEW products.  

Ford Focus sales started out very strong when the car first arrived, but as in the past, Ford ran with the same vehicle for far to long handing "repeat buyers" to other car company's.  The new Convertible Focus will help keep bring "trendy" buyers back to the company.  No longer will the Focus be considered an economy vehicle only.  

As seen by one of the members on here (who sadly lost his car in an accident). When you fix up a focus, it can be a pretty sharp looking little car.  Ford needs to start selling them like that from the showrooms to get a bigger piece of the market.  Ok, off of my soapbox now....  :insane:

Why do Toyota and Honda need to update their models?