Carroll\'s

Started by mikey7290, April 19, 2007, 09:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey7290

Does anyone remember this chain?  Officially named Carroll's Family Restaurants, there were a few in Northern New York state back in the 1970's.  There was one in Potsdam, which later became a Burger King.  The one in Massena later became an Arby's, then when Arby's moved to the mall, the building was converted to a bank.  Watertown had two, one on Arsenal Street near Interstate 81, which I think was torn down several years ago, and the other was on State Street.  I remember reading that the State Street location was closed in 1977 and boarded up since.  I remember passing by this building a few years ago and it was sad seeing it so run down and abandoned.:(  It was demolished a couple of years ago to make room for a new Kinney Drugs.  I wish I had taken a picture before it was torn down.

shakethis1234

carrolls got into burger king franchise carrolls turned all their resturants to bk

mikey7290

QuoteOriginally posted by shakethis1234
carrolls got into burger king franchise carrolls turned all their resturants to bk

Thanks!  That would explain the one in Potsdam.:)  Plus, the reason why the Watertown and Massena locations didn't convert.  In Massena, there is a McDonald's just down the street, and the same situation with the two former Carroll's sites in Watertown.