Main Menu

Interesting site

Started by Brenton81, February 23, 2005, 07:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brenton81

Just wanted to say that this is a cool site.  I never was inside an Ames, but was curious about what they were like.  The pictures are really interesting.  I live in Southeast Wisconsin, so I didn't even know Ames still existed until they were going out of business.  The closest Ames to me had been a store in Waukegan, IL.  It was all boarded up though, so I thought the whole chain had already gone under, when in fact they were still around.  The Salvation Army stores are currently using their old red carts with the Ames logo still on them. I also remember going past a store in Chicago while they were having a going out of business sale but we didn't have time to stop:(  
  We used to have two Zayre stores here, but they closed.  One is now a Pick 'n Save supermarket and the other is a Big Lots which still retains quite a bit of the charming 80's Zayre decor!  The local Value Village Thrift Store boasts two Zayre shopping carts. We also have a Wal-Mart SuperCenter, Target, K mart, and a ShopKo which is where I work.
  Keep up the good work!

store215

You work @ ShopKo? Could you share with us some info/pics of shopKo? (I think there is a thread in the "Stores" topic. Most of us here are on the East coast where we don't know much info about other mid-western chains.

Brenton81

Yeah.  I started there in '98 when I was 16.  I work in LP now.  I posted some stuff in the "Stores" section.

Amesdepartmentstores

what are the addresses of the former zayre stores and what city are thery in:saint: