Westchester County Jamsway

Started by Caldor1999, April 01, 2007, 10:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor1999

this mall is now home to a big box retiale center and was torn down in 1997/1998

the mall opend in 1977 its ancores were Pergament Alexander's and Jamesway the mall fetured  a strip of stores right next to it witch had Waldbaums and the mall had  a franks nursery right out side of it Alexander's closed in 1986 i think it might have been latter on when teh chain went out in 1992 Jamesway clsoed in 1995 it was the only jamesway in westchster county and Pergament closed in 1996 due to the face that the mall would be torn down waldbaums soon clsoed down in 1997
the sight is now called the Courtland town center and its houses many stores its anley a big box center i really avoied going to big box centers that have home depot and wal mart

hears a picture of the malll in from 1996 when they were staring to work on this pergament is on the left an din teh back is the former alaxzanders and on the roght end of the picture is jamesway and on the far left is a strip of stores witch is were waldbaums was
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

hears a close up of the mall from 1996 u can see the jamesway on your top left
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

these pics are all form SiteRide i wish they had more fo the mall before it was turned into what it is now but at leat they had something
Caldor Forever!

davcolli

Damn, that brings back memories. I was one of the Managers of that Jamesway when it opened and for 2 years after. That was a rough market. I'd be interested to hear from anyone else that worked there. One of the top locations for internal theft :(

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by davcolli
Damn, that brings back memories. I was one of the Managers of that Jamesway when it opened and for 2 years after. That was a rough market. I'd be interested to hear from anyone else that worked there. One of the top locations for internal theft :(

when did that jamesway open bttw and were is it in that picture can i cant tell but anyways im glad to see that someone else remebers this mall its sad to see how sucky it looks now

sad to think that this whole place is gone i dont know to much about it i remember seeing the mall around late 1996 and evreything was shuttered but still there i remeber then tearing it down in mid to late 1997 i do remember looking though one of the mall entrances and seeing the jamesway entrace closed off but the neon sign still was lit up inside and there was probley like only one store still open
Caldor Forever!

davcolli

The Jamesway opened 4/25/86. That was the combination I set to the door lock going in to the offices. That store never was right. The 2 1/2 years I was there was the darkest period of my life. I worked like a dog 70 to 80 hours a week, along with a lot of other people. Years later, when Jamesway went in the dumper, we all found out that "they" stole everyone's retirement. Nobody got anything. The retirement fund was all gone. Funny how none of the Executives went to jail after screwing thousands of people out of millions of dollars. The Loss Prevention people would risk their lives in stores in "bad neighborhoods" by stopping shoplifters that stole a pair of socks to put people in jail for $1.99, and the big cheeses took millions and walked away. Bitter? You bet.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by davcolli
The Jamesway opened 4/25/86. That was the combination I set to the door lock going in to the offices. That store never was right. The 2 1/2 years I was there was the darkest period of my life. I worked like a dog 70 to 80 hours a week, along with a lot of other people. Years later, when Jamesway went in the dumper, we all found out that "they" stole everyone's retirement. Nobody got anything. The retirement fund was all gone. Funny how none of the Executives went to jail after screwing thousands of people out of millions of dollars. The Loss Prevention people would risk their lives in stores in "bad neighborhoods" by stopping shoplifters that stole a pair of socks to put people in jail for $1.99, and the big cheeses took millions and walked away. Bitter? You bet.

sounds like a messed up company now i can see why they never made it btw is the jamesway in any of the pictures i posted above ??
Caldor Forever!