Target bashing

Started by Kmart4life, March 25, 2007, 12:41:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kmart4life

Target is a piece of  crap store they suck. Their return policy sucks and their employee are all @$$ holes, and just like Walmart they sell cheap Chinese junk. It is my hope that they file Chapter 11 and GOB which would make me happy.

amesman

Well, it's not really fair to say all Target employees are "a-holes" as you say. I am a Target employee, and I would certainly hope I'm not such a person.

Kmart4life

sorry I did not mean to be harsh but the management and other associates here in my neck of the woods are.

Caldor1999

Target is porbley the only decent discount store around first off they dont sell cheep junk they actley sell decent stuff and they dont make there stores soooooo huge liek wal mart and they woudlent teardown a whole mall to make there one store and i wouldent go around saying that u hate teh people who work there idk maby u had a bad expericen with your target but i looove target and there not going anywere anytime soon
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

dmx10101

I dont like target, they try too hard to be upity and hip.
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

NJxxJon

.....to red.....and no price tags on some shelves.....:)
JN

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by dmx10101
I dont like target, they try too hard to be upity and hip.

i think target dose a good job at being hip and it remindes me alot of caldor
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

HatTrick

I work for Target- and like anything there is good and bad. The main thing is that they are a bit pricier than Wal-Mart and even what Ames and Hills used to charge. They are more geared to middle class and lower middle class shopper. They are cleaner, they have alot of interesting products you don't see everywhere and they make some of the really fashionable (okay uppity) affordable enought. Don't get me wrong, everything has its bad points but they are such a nice alternative to Wal-Mart that I can overlook all the red and trying so hard to be so hip. I still think they are the last decent discounters out there to shop and work at. IMHO:mrpink:

Crawford

Target stores tend to be clean, brightly lit and well, I feel safer. Wal-Mart...well, they are skanky, dirty, dingy, products are often damaged on the shelf and 3 out of 4 people are not speaking English. Don't see that in Target or even K mart for that matter.
"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor

Caldor1999

i see alot of people like target
Caldor Forever!

Ameskid

I like them, but when you see something REALLY good, and come back a week later, it's gone.  And I don't think people bought it.  Nothing ever stays the same at Target.:rolleyes:
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

Kmart4life

After going a few more times with my wife I am really changing my outlook about Target.  Their merchandise is better quality than Walmart and I also will eat my words and say that the associates are helpful and seem to be happy that they work there. I just hope that they are not under paid like Walmart. I would actually go to Target and/or kmart to get what I need. I am sorry if I have offended anyone who works for Target for my earlier comments!

XISMZERO

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre2
I just hope that they are not under paid like Walmart. I would actually go to Target and/or kmart to get what I need. I am sorry if I have offended anyone who works for Target for my earlier comments!

It's so easy to slime Wal-Mart. I know someone who just got hired at Wal-Mart and received almost $2 above the state minimum and she has no prior retail experience (not to mention she's going back to school in a month!). That's almost extraordinary for a minimum wage position who assures quarterly evaluations and ability to achieve increases with each one. What I find unusual is that Target repeatedly slips under the radar for its business practices while Wal-Mart, albeit the #1 retailer in the U.S. (and for that they will be targeted and watched closely), is constantly attacked but is probably one of the best retailers you can work for.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

powersbt

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO
I just hope that they are not under paid like Walmart. I would actually go to Target and/or kmart to get what I need. I am sorry if I have offended anyone who works for Target for my earlier comments!

It's so easy to slime Wal-Mart. I know someone who just got hired at Wal-Mart and received almost $2 above the state minimum and she has no prior retail experience (not to mention she's going back to school in a month!). That's almost extraordinary for a minimum wage position who assures quarterly evaluations and ability to achieve increases with each one. What I find unusual is that Target repeatedly slips under the radar for its business practices while Wal-Mart, albeit the #1 retailer in the U.S. (and for that they will be targeted and watched closely), is constantly attacked but is probably one of the best retailers you can work for.

It's funny that you mentioned the amount people are getting paid off the street to work. At my store, they are getting a ridiculous amount starting, with no retail experience. For some of us Veterans who have been there for 7, 13, 17+ years, it's hard to ignore that fact. I guess it is an inclination to try and get applicants, but the help quality seems to diminish as time goes on.

dmx10101

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO

Unless Wal-Marts changed that much since 2005 I have to disagree. working there for 8 months wasn't a good experience at all. They started me out at only $6.70 hr. They would take advantage of you- schedule you whenever for no rhyme or reason and they might decide to cut your hours out of the blue. They would work you as hard as humanly possible and have no symphany for you situations, as I got yelled at over the phone by the manager because I had a car accident when I was out of state and told them I couldn't come to work for a few days. They told me I better find a train or plane or something to get there because I need to be at work. Even though the store has like 500 employees. And they take you for a ride for raises. When they hire you they say for your 90 days you can either get a .40 or .55 increase, the .55 being for doing excellent work. Well I did everything I could to get that .55 raise and even my dept. manager said I was the best worker they had seen. Management still only gave me the .40. And I was talking with employees and I never found a single person that got the .55. They just tell you that so they'll get more work out of you to try and get it. When working in electronics we were so short handed most of the time I was forced to take out and load large tvs in peoples small cars by myself. Including putting a 32" tube tv into a geo metro, the tv was over 120 pounds, it was raining, and I had to take it out of the box while the old person tells me not to mess up their car. Did Wal-mart give me any thanks for things like that...no. And that kind of stuff happened often. Wal-marts benefits are bad. Discount is only 10% and its Not good on food, sale or clearance merchandise, and they screwed me over with my insurance. They never told me when I was able to enroll in it and when I thought came the time for me to enroll they said oh no your time has already passed to enroll, you have to wait for open enrollment (which was like 6 months away). I bought into their stock as they tried very hard to get you to buy into it when you start with them. Needless to say I ended up losing money with my stock because it went down so much. I could go all day about Wal-mart being a shoddy employer, as I have first hand experience.
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

Kmart4life

If you guys think Walmart is so good and Target is flying under the radar then you need to click on the enclosed link and watch the documentary.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3836296181471292925

farmingtonvalleymall

I don't have anything against Target but it just doesn't click with me. I did get the best feather duster ever there though :yup:

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

QuoteOriginally posted by farmingtonvalleymall
I don't have anything against Target but it just doesn't click with me. I did get the best feather duster ever there though :yup:
I also have nothing against Target (or as the upper middle class call it "Tarzhay"), they have a lot of good merchandise. I bought my SpongeBob SquarePants lamp there. For a discount store, they are a bit on the pricey side, BUT, they have lots of stuff that you can't find at Walmart*, Kmart, ShopKo, Meijer, or Kohl's. They are one of the better retailers out there. The only other thing that bothers me about Target is that the chicken strips I ordered at the snack bar were just TOO hot!:hurt:

Caldor1999

i dont think ive ever had a probelm with target before unlike kmart and wal mart but target knows how to get my attaion i also love how there stores are layed out its always clean not messy least the ones around me and they dont do that whole wearhouse look to them like wal mart does
Caldor Forever!

videogamer75

Target is overrated. They are really not any better than Wal-Mart when it comes to corporate affairs. People just think they're better because of their ''hip'' atmosphere.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by videogamer75
Target is overrated. They are really not any better than Wal-Mart when it comes to corporate affairs. People just think they're better because of their ''hip'' atmosphere.  

yet they know how to keep there stores clean and nice wal mart is just trashy looking no mater were i go also target has better quality then wal mart that's why i would rather shop there they also know how to advertise unlike wal mart i mean ive seen some commercials they have about how u can save money by buying there food instead of getting fast food now the funny thing is they say that yet they have no problem with having subways and MC Donald's in there stores
Caldor Forever!

videogamer75

Just because their stores are clean doesn't make them a better company. Target also has a ton of stuff made in China, just like Wal-Mart. And by the way, Target has Starbucks in their stores, and those are extremely unhealthy. Both have good stores, but corporate wise they're not all that different.

wwefan101

starbucks is great  so is target but ild go to walmart and kmart before target

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by videogamer75
Just because their stores are clean doesn't make them a better company. Target also has a ton of stuff made in China, just like Wal-Mart. And by the way, Target has  in their stores, and those are extremely unhealthy. Both have good stores, but corporate wise they're not all that different.  

well when it comes down to it both company's are not that great but when it comes to quality target has that wal mart doesn't also Starbucks although it may not be that healthy its wayy better then getting McDonalds and lets face it target has nicer stores wal mart doesn't i feel really trashy when i walk into a wal mart i mean idd rather go to a Kmart then a wal mart that's how trashy i think it is
Caldor Forever!

gu4ever

I still miss the discounters of the past, however we should consider targets past too. They started in the early 60's and slowly expanded and upgraded their stores, just like all our sadly missed department stores.
Except..... Obviously they are doing something right as their still here with presents coast to coast and competing with big box Walmart.
There is a lot in store for you where clean, fresh and good make a GRAND UNION.

videogamer75

After watching the Penn & Teller: BS episode about Wal-Mart on YouTube, I learned that Wal-Mart is doing more good than people think, and honestly, they don't deserve all of the hate they get. I am sorry for arguing, I think that neither are bad companies, and both have good quality in their stores. I understand most people don't agree though.

nims57

Target is fake, a ripoff store. They sell ripoff merchandise. They do have some interesting store designs. But who needs Target when we have Sears, Kmart, etc?

XISMZERO

QuoteOriginally posted by nims57
who needs Target when we have Sears, Kmart, etc?

Shouldn't it be the other way around? Target was ranked #6 on the top U.S. retailer list in 2008, Sears at #8. Didn't even see Kmart on there -- who really needs Kmart should be the question. As Kmart has closed stores in just the last decade, Target has rapidly expanded.

Target lures customers with unique designs/designers, store layouts and ideas... are you really impressed with both Sears and Kmart's embarrassing business models? Sears with its 40-60% off everything in the store and Kmart's mismatched, dated decor and crowded, messy shelves. Both can't even find a single idea to stick with much less be successful! Don't get me wrong, shopping Kmart is pure nostalgia, but it's old, tired and smelly -- that doesn't get you ahead only keeps you down.

I don't work for Target, but admittedly, I enjoy spending retail dollars there than even Walmart. They've unleashed one of the most invigorating retail models that centers around value and quality that even Walmart has been threatened by and has always been a fun experience shopping there. At Kmart, not just one but all the ones around here, I feel like the store's going to be closing up next month. And Sears? There's a retailer whose really fallen from grace.

I usually don't jump into these "bashing" posts, mainly because a lot of complaints are baseless but why exactly do you dislike Target?
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

videogamer75

One thing I can't stand about Target, now after I read about it online, is that they refused to donate to a Vietnam War Veterans memorial in 2003, and they also refused to let the Salvation Army collect donations at their stores. Yes, Target may have nice stores and nice merchandise, but that is just being greedy right there. Why can't Target spare a little bit of cash, out of the billions they have, to commemorate the Vietnam War, one of the most brutal wars in our nation's history? The veterans deserve respect for all they did for this great country, and a rich corporation like Target should have donated.

Marc82

They don't donate to anyone and they don't let anyone stand outside their store to collect money for anything.