AMESFANCLUB
January 20, 2018, 10:43:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Target bashing  (Read 13386 times)
XISMZERO
Sub-Administrators
Expert Member

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2009, 07:57:01 PM »

That's not entirely true.

Read on: http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/target.asp

Target donates privately but it has become a widely known policy of theirs not to allow solicitors or collectors of any kind to stand outside their stores. Enter "Target donate" in Google for more.

Now I think the Salvation Army is a wonderful organization but do people really need to hassled at the mall, grocery store of all and any kind around Christmas?! It's tiring to be ambushed or guilt-tripped into donating and then feeling like we're being judged for not doing so. Those who want to donate will and those that don't won't. There's nothing more that annoys me than people who donate because they're worried about what others think if they don't give a few quarters to the guy freezing his butt off in front of Stop & Shop ringing a bell.

I suppose if you find the practice of banning bell ringers repugnant, don't give Target your retail dollars.

On the other hand Walmart gives craploads of money plus allows ringers but because they're the #1 retailer whose seen some ugly practices reared over the years, they've become the ire of many who believe the company is just evil.

You can't win...

All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr
videogamer75
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2009, 08:27:18 PM »

Alright, I get your gist on their donations to veterans. After all, that was simply based off something I read online. I'm glad to know that they do indeed care about veterans and are willing to give money for their cause. As for the situation with the Salvation Army, perhaps they could simply allow a box for donations at the register instead of having a bell-ringer, which would solve the problems you mentioned, such as ''people being worried what others think if they don't donate''. Although personally, I don't feel ''pressured'' at all to donate to the Salvation Army when they have the bell-ringers, I just do it because I believe in their cause  to help people around the world.
Marc82
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2009, 11:02:34 PM »

The commercials lately have been really bad.
ShopKoFan
Expert Member

Knows ShopKo too well.

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2009, 05:54:02 PM »

Originally posted by Marc82
The commercials lately have been really bad.

...Not to mention that they ripped off the old 1970s/1980s ShopKo slogan, "Say hello to a good buy" in one of their commercials. It's weird that a discount store chain from Minnesota would rip off a slogan from a discount store chain from Wisconsin.

Zayre88
Sub-Administrators
Expert Member

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2010, 06:31:02 AM »

What I hate about Target is that they got rid of the Target Brand and replaced it by Up&Up.  I hate that new brand name and the logo with arrow.  It looks awful in the store with aisles full of arrows of various colors.

ShopKoFan
Expert Member

Knows ShopKo too well.

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2010, 11:25:57 AM »

What I hate about Target is that they got rid of the Target Brand and replaced it by Up&Up.  I hate that new brand name and the logo with arrow.  It looks awful in the store with aisles full of arrows of various colors.

I guess the new brand must not be "on the up and up" for you.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 03:06:48 PM by ShopKoFan » Logged

Zayre88
Sub-Administrators
Expert Member

« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2012, 06:01:32 AM »

I love target theirs only one tiny problem something I can buy at walmart for 10 dollars cost 12-15 at target which blows because i much rather shop at target but its way to more pricey at target other than that i have no problem with target and i love their food cafe their food is great sometimes i go in their just for the food

Yes Target is slightly higher priced on almost everything.  Like 8-pack mini chocolate bars is $1.00 at Walmart but will be at $1.04 at Target.  They should try to match it!

Sometimes Target has something on sale that will be lower than at Walmart.  That makes me mad because I will tend to buy that at Walmart for price but then go to Target and what do you know, it's on sale!

XDeSuEhTX

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2012, 05:01:12 PM »

I don't have much experience with Target, there has never been a location near me. However, I have briefly been inside of one and I find the store quite attractive.

"Ancient malls, overgrown like Roman ruins without the class, our generation will be remembered for our greatest works, our trinkets at Spencer Gifts"
ynkeesfn82
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2014, 08:29:28 AM »

If I want to buy a brand new book I'll buy it at Target or Walmart because they sell books cheaper than other retailers that sell books. Target in Southington (where I live) does not have Lisa Gardner's new book Fear Nothing. Neither do the 3 Walmart's near me. Lisa Gardner has a link on her website to buy the book on TARGET.COM, WALMART.COM, and other online retailers, but when I'm shelling out good money for a brand new book I prefer to skim through the book before deciding whether or not to buy it.
zonemad96

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2014, 01:41:33 AM »

Why does everything they sell have to be just slightly more expensive than walmart? Those 10 cents here and their start to really add up when your purchasing a whole cart of products. I have even seen products that are more than $2-5 more expensive at target, that's just a ripoff period.
TheFugitive
Expert Member

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2014, 09:53:53 AM »

Their store in West Mifflin, Pennsylvania might be a contender for Worst Store Location EVER!

All of the prevailing traffic heads east off of PA 51 along Lebanon Church Road towards Century III Mall
and surrounding shopping centers (Century Square, Southland Shopping Center, Sam's Club, Super
Walmart, etc.)

For inexplicable reasons Target chose to locate on the westbound side of the road, along a divided highway.
And it is tucked-back atop a hillside where eastbound traffic can't even really see the store unless you
are really looking hard for the sign.

I rarely shop there, because whenever the thought occurs to me to go in there, I have already passed
it, and have no desire to cross the divided highway just to make one stop.

And traffic that normally heads west on this road towards Pittsburgh is coming up from rather depressed
former steel towns in the Monongahela Valley.

I am fairly certain whomever selected that site got fired soon afterwards.  There are plenty of better,
vacant locations surrounding Century III.
ynkeesfn82
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2014, 04:35:21 PM »

If I want to buy a brand new book I'll buy it at Target or Walmart because they sell books cheaper than other retailers that sell books. Target in Southington (where I live) does not have Lisa Gardner's new book Fear Nothing. Neither do the 3 Walmart's near me. Lisa Gardner has a link on her website to buy the book on TARGET.COM, WALMART.COM, and other online retailers, but when I'm shelling out good money for a brand new book I prefer to skim through the book before deciding whether or not to buy it.

Target finally got the book in last week. I bought it when I went to the Meriden, CT store. I read a few chapters and didn't like. Returned it for store credit on Friday.
Ameskid
Ames 4 Lyfer!

Hi!

« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2015, 08:07:24 PM »

To add to the comparisons already made between Wal-Mart and Target...both are cookie-cutter stores.  With so many store renovations going on recently, there are only a couple of possible store layouts/designs.

This struck me when I noticed that the Target I visited in Albuquerque, New Mexico was almost identical to my local store outside of Cincinnati, Ohio.  It makes shopping bland and repetitive. If that's what Target corporate was going for, then they've hit it right on the bulls-eye.

Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/
Hudsons81
Ames 4 Lyfer!

Howdy!

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2015, 09:26:58 AM »

To add to the comparisons already made between Wal-Mart and Target...both are cookie-cutter stores.  With so many store renovations going on recently, there are only a couple of possible store layouts/designs.

This struck me when I noticed that the Target I visited in Albuquerque, New Mexico was almost identical to my local store outside of Cincinnati, Ohio.  It makes shopping bland and repetitive. If that's what Target corporate was going for, then they've hit it right on the bulls-eye.

Did it look anything like my local store in Taylor, Michigan?

Ameskid
Ames 4 Lyfer!

Hi!

« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2015, 10:46:35 PM »

That seems to be a different layout that I have not seen before. Not sure I've been to one that includes the cafe - my local store has a Starbucks and snack stand (not the snack bar found in many pre-renovation Targets), featuring Pizza Hut products and miscellaneous snacks.

Was that store anything before a Target? The layout looks rather unusual, especially around the checkouts.

Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/
Hudsons81
Ames 4 Lyfer!

Howdy!

« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2015, 12:12:23 PM »

That seems to be a different layout that I have not seen before. Not sure I've been to one that includes the cafe - my local store has a Starbucks and snack stand (not the snack bar found in many pre-renovation Targets), featuring Pizza Hut products and miscellaneous snacks.

Was that store anything before a Target? The layout looks rather unusual, especially around the checkouts.

Nope. This store was built from scratch as a Target.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: