Main Menu

Ames listing

Started by greg8370, March 21, 2007, 06:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg8370

in the new AT & T phone book (March 2007; SE Connecticut edition) just delivered to my front door yesterday in the yellow pages (pg 202) under " Department Stores."  Phone  # 860-376-7525.  How does THAT happen?  Is there someone out there keeping the memory alive by paying for the listing?  It's the only Ames listed.

Zayre88

Maybe they paid for several years in advance... :yup:

greg8370

I don't know; typically individual stores don't pay those type of bills at store level or are allowed to enter into that type of agreement -- it's done at home office level. In fact stores are strongly warned against this type of solication.

XISMZERO

Chris will be pleased. It's one of his old favs...
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

C. Fontaine

He he, you are right!  I loved that store, especially the makeshift dumping ground behind it!

Marc82

The new phone book we got a couple weeks ago has either KMART or AMES (I forgot which) still listed in it. Very funny for me becuase I work in the former KMART building. (Price Chopper)

beachgal26

Just for fun, I called the number and you get a recording that the number is not working within the 860 area code.  I would have thought that I'd get a standard message saying that the number has been disconnected.  (Cue "Twilight Zone" theme...)

:insane:    :insane: