Dollar Tree

Started by shakethis1234, January 08, 2005, 10:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kmart4life

Dollar Tree is really nice and like someone already said they are a true dollar store.

GothicPrincess

i went to dollar tree a few weeks ago to find an ice cream scoop. I ended up buying one at Wal-mart because Dollar Tree didn't have any...
Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!

C. Fontaine

Haha, as you can see above, Dollar Tree has no shortage of pizza cutters.  I agree they are true to the dollar concept, but it seems everytime I go I can never find anything I acutally need!

GothicPrincess

I found it easier to go there when I DON'T need something, then if I see something, I can just grab it, rather than looking for it and NOT finding it...It's a great place to buy spices though...Cheaper than Big Lots, even when I still got my discount there...

Marc82

QuoteOriginally posted by C. Fontaine
Haha, as you can see above, Dollar Tree has no shortage of pizza cutters.  I agree they are true to the dollar concept, but it seems everytime I go I can never find anything I acutally need!

Yeah I went there looking for gravy the other day. I didn't find it. They sell virtually every other type of food, but not gravy apparently.

AmesNewington

Dollar Tree is going to be opening in Newington CT in the near future.

It will be located in Jo Ann's plaza (JoAnn Etc, Big Lots, Chuck E Cheese plaza) on the Berlin Turnpike where a billiards club (Lefty Magoos) was. I had no idea it was planning on opening here as there is another Dollar Tree in Wethersfield along the turnpike. I literally just saw the Dollar Tree sign on the pylon sign for the plaza. Later, I drove by the storefront and they already did interior work and shelving. You wouldn't even know it was a billiards club. This particular storefront is even green like the Dollar Tree design. There is no merchandise in the store as of yet. They will be having a job fair next Thursday (10/2).

I haven't heard of any news on an opening date. This is fabulous because I love Dollar Tree.

Marc82

Former Dollar Tree Queen Plaza Southington. Store relocated and expanded into the former Joann's in 05. The old Dollar Tree had been vacant since. This was one of the first Dollar Trees in the Central Connecticut Area.

Marc82

Current Dollar Tree. Queen Plaza Southington, CT. Opened in 05 in former Joann's. Relocated from smaller store. (see pic above).

wwefan101

i hate the dollar tree    thers nothing at it that im intrested in  but ther candy  selection is  great

Marc82

I love the Frozen Food section at the one in Southington. You can get a lot of good eats cheap. Just stay away from the generic cheese slices they sell (they taste like the cellophane they wrap the slices in) and stay away from the frozen strawberries. (My mom says they smelled like rotten potatoes). The store in Bristol isn't allowed to have a frozen food section because of Stop & Shop. This is in their lease.

AmesNewington

I love Dollar Tree. I frequent the new Newington store often. I love their food items. You can get rainbow sprinkles for $1 and a huge bag of popcorn for $1. Their health and beauty selection is impressive as well.

My mom liked that they had Valentine's balloons in the shape of a rose for $1.

At times, the store is picked over, however they re-stock it and it's all good. I'm very happy Dollar Tree decided to open in town. Unfortuneatly, parking is horrendous in the JoAnn plaza lot, especially in the winter when there are snow banks covering parking spaces.

Marc82

Anyone know where the new one in Cheshire, CT is gonna be?

MikeRa

I go to the Dollar Tree store at Neshaminy Mall, in Bensalem, PA a lot.  I usually buy Pepsi 20oz bottles, AA & AAA Batteries, and Ramen Noodles soups there.
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

Whoser

Personally I'm no fan of Dollar Trees.

If one appears at a Mall, it's a sign of a Dying Mall correct? just take a look at NorwichTown & Rhode Island Mall.

EddieJ1984

QuoteOriginally posted by Whoser
Personally I'm no fan of Dollar Trees.

If one appears at a Mall, it's a sign of a Dying Mall correct? just take a look at NorwichTown & Rhode Island Mall.

That is definitely not true, I know some malls that have had dollar tree's in them for many years.

GothicPrincess

I'm BAAAAAAACK!!! as for DT in malls representing a dying mall...nope. DT in Westmoreland Mall has been there at least as long as I've been going there, and we're talking about 10 years..? I found in that store, the particular antacids my husband is forced to take, for a buck. Come on now...and my Sudoku puzzle books, I buy 5 at a time, different ones lol Also, once a month, toilet paper, paper towels, batteries if we need them, misc. snacky stuff that I like, like the canned cheetos and beef sticks, my antibacterial soap, bubble bath, the list goes on...once a month, whatever we need, first stop is DT. if it's not there, THEN we cave and go to Wal-mart. Most of the times I go to this particular DT, it's PACKED. Tons of people shop there, the mall is FAR from dying,...I could probably count on one hand the number of empty stores right now. LONG LIVE DOLLAR TREE!!! hehe...it's great to be back...

retailisking

Dollar Tree is officially coming to the Pine Tree Shopping Center in Portland, ME at the site of the former Mardens (which relocated to the old, pre-Supercenter Walmart in Scarborough.)  No OSJL for me, alas... :(

Edit 9/30: According to the construction permit posted outside Dollar Tree is going to occupy one third of the old Marden's space.

Edit 10/24: The walls are up, the shelving is up, the decor is installed, and the shelves are being stocked.  Dollar Tree opens 10/29.

katnapped

Quote from: C. Fontaine on January 08, 2005, 12:34:20 PM
Super Dollar Tree... Hahaha

Yea, that post is like 6 years old, but technically there are "super" Dollar Tree stores, but they're called Deal$.  Have most of what Dollar Tree sells plus they have more expensive merchandise (and a larger food section) that they can't sell for the one-dollar price point.

jason83080

Some of the Dollar Tree stores around here and what they used to be. Pics to come...

* Sheffield Village, OH - Sheffield Crossing plaza - formerly "Just For You Cards & Gifts" card shop and, I think, "Sips & Nibbles" cafe - occupies a corner space in the plaza
* Elyria, OH - Cleveland Street - occupies a portion of what used to be a Hills-turned-Ames; is rather large, in comparison to other locations in the area; is, pretty much, only tenant in entire plaza now, with the vacancy of Tops and, later, Giant Eagle; neighboring RentWay closed down as well; only other plaza tenants are a Best Cuts and a Fast Cash Express Tax store
* Elyria, OH - Midway Mall/River Street Square - Deal$ occupies 1/2 of the former Sun Super Saving Center, with Avenue and BW-3 occupying the rest of the building; Dollar Tree started in the mall, then moved to RSS upon the closure of Odd Job, which was in the space previously occupied by Just Closeouts; mall location converted (read: Dollar Tree's signage was removed, but that was IT) into an off-name store called "A Dollar"
* Oberlin, OH - old Ames at Route 20 and Route 58 - The old Ames has been refitted into a shopping center, housing Dollar Tree in the far-right portion of the building. Other tenants include "The Shoe Dept." Ames is next to a smaller Walmart Supercenter, and, if I remember correctly, survived the first bankruptcy, maintaining its red exterior sign until the "green" look took over when they bought Hills. I guess being out in the middle of nowhere helped it to survive the first round of closings!
* North Olmsted, OH - by Great Northern Mall - occupies a space in a plaza anchored by Babies "R" Us, which used to be a BEST.
* Amherst, OH - occupies a new-construction plaza space next to an Aldi's; plaza is located next to a rather large Giant Eagle grocery store (which swallowed the neighboring CVS/pharmacy and converted it into "The Drug Store," walling over the front and adding the Drive-Thru Pharmacy area)
* Middleburg Hts., OH - Southland Plaza - I think it's still where it used to be, in a space previously occupied by a CVS/pharmacy in a strip of the plaza facing Pearl Road; It's been a while since I was out that way, so there's a good chance that it's not there anymore...
* Parma, OH - Parmatown Mall - I know there used to be one in the Day Drive Plaza, sandwiched between Kids "R" Us and Rini Rego Stop-n-Shop, but I think it's closed/moved since then.

ynkeesfn82

The Original Dollar Tree in the Queen Plaza on Queen Street in Southington is vacant again. An overpriced clothing store called Hush was located there for less than a year. There was some other crappy store there before that. The DT moved and expanded in 2005.

ynkeesfn82

Dollar Tree is now accepting manufacturers coupons. Is this the beginning of the end of Dollar Tree?

MikeRa

Here is a pic of the Dollar Tree at Neshaminy Mall.  it is located in the Boscov's (Lit Brothers/Pomeroy's/The Bon-Ton) wing of the mall.  Next to it is a Radio Shack that has been the mall since 1974.

jason83080

The Dollar Tree in Sheffield Village, Ohio, which is currently in the Sheffield Crossing plaza in a space once occupied by 2-3 different vendors, is MOVING! The exterior signage is up at the nearby old Carpet & Tile Liquidators building down the street.

Good luck getting to the new location. Being on a heavily-trafficked area by the local college, it's a pain to turn left into and out of ANYTHING on N Abbe Road in that area. I doubt that they'll have two locations within a mile of each other, so it's evident that they're going to be moving. Granted, it's a much larger - and freestanding - building that's only been home to a carpet place and a couple little 'resale events,' but the access is much more restricted.

The current location, when the plaza first opened, started out as a Just For You Cards & Gifts store, a Sips & Nibbles eatery, and - I think - one other storefront, but I could be wrong on that 'third storefront' thing.

Kmart4life

We have 2 Dollar Tree locations and 2 Deal$ which are owned by Dollar Tree. Here is a pic of the Deal$ logo

ynkeesfn82

I wish they would open more Deal$ locations. There are only a few in Connecticut nearest one to me being next to Saver's in Meriden. Interestingly enough the landlord's website shows this as Dollar Tree.

JimSawhill

Quote from: Marc B on April 06, 2013, 08:16:30 AM
I wish they would open more Deal$ locations. There are only a few in Connecticut nearest one to me being next to Saver's in Meriden. Interestingly enough the landlord's website shows this as Dollar Tree.

The old Dollar Tree in Temple Terrace moved to the old Sav-A-Lot space and became a 'Deals'.

MikeRa

Quote from: Kmart4life on April 05, 2013, 10:19:15 PM
We have 2 Dollar Tree locations and 2 Deal$ which are owned by Dollar Tree. Here is a pic of the Deal$ logo

Deals has since changed their logo

ynkeesfn82

Dollar Tree is opening soon in Plainville, Connecticut. It will be located in The Plainville Commons shopping center on New Britain ave in a portion of the old Linens N Things. With the opening of Dollar Tree there will be one vacancy in this massive shopping center and it too is part of the old Linens N Things.

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: Marc B on January 20, 2014, 07:00:41 PM
Dollar Tree is opening soon in Plainville, Connecticut. It will be located in The Plainville Commons shopping center on New Britain ave in a portion of the old Linens N Things. With the opening of Dollar Tree there will be one vacancy in this massive shopping center and it too is part of the old Linens N Things.

Opening Day is supposed to be sometime between February 18th and February 22nd.