JM Fields

Started by Anonymous, February 17, 2005, 08:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gu4ever

This picture is thanks to Brian Florence from djbrian.com
He did a road trip in the summer of 2001 and visited my local area.  This picture is of Caldor in Bedford, NH.
You can compare this photo to the one recently posted by Zayre88 of the Concord, NH location.
There is a lot in store for you where clean, fresh and good make a GRAND UNION.

videogamer75

I found a J.M. Fields price tag at Goodwill today. It was on something called an ''electric cookie canape'' which had to be from the 60's or 70's.

XDeSuEhTX

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I spotted a former JM Fields that is now a Kmart in Covington, VA, last week. Located at a very dead "Mallow Mall" shopping center.

All I know is that the building looked a lot like the buildings shown in this thread. It has the same structural features - the large facade over the front with the columns (although now a flat white) and the small entryway underneath, as well as the awnings that stretch on each side. At first I thought maybe it was a Woolco, but to my knowledge, they didn't have those awnings. It looked more like these JM Field stores. The plaza was old and empty with the exception of Kmart. A strip of seemingly newer, yet empty outlet stores appeared to have been built halfway in front of the store, to it's left side.

"Ancient malls, overgrown like Roman ruins without the class, our generation will be remembered for our greatest works, our trinkets at Spencer Gifts"

XDeSuEhTX

Quote from: XDeSuEhTX on June 25, 2010, 08:42:07 PM
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I spotted a former JM Fields that is now a Kmart in Covington, VA, last week. Located at a very dead "Mallow Mall" shopping center.

All I know is that the building looked a lot like the buildings shown in this thread. It has the same structural features - the large facade over the front with the columns (although now a flat white) and the small entryway underneath, as well as the awnings that stretch on each side. At first I thought maybe it was a Woolco, but to my knowledge, they didn't have those awnings. It looked more like these JM Field stores. The plaza was old and empty with the exception of Kmart. A strip of seemingly newer, yet empty outlet stores appeared to have been built halfway in front of the store, to it's left side.

Turns out it wasn't a JM Fields... I confirmed from a long time resident of Covington, that it was actually a Grants. Possibly a Grant City because the building is somewhat large.
"Ancient malls, overgrown like Roman ruins without the class, our generation will be remembered for our greatest works, our trinkets at Spencer Gifts"

Zayre88

6 former JM Fields:

JimSawhill

Quote from: storehistoryguy on December 09, 2005, 08:50:02 PM
About the old Tampa, Florida Fields, does anyone know where I could get a picture of that building or where that building was today?:question:

The Tampa J M Fields is now the State Of Florida WorkForce office.