A&P

Started by Caldor99, January 07, 2005, 08:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor99

A&P
They have been haveing troble over the years but there still my favort super market

Anonymous

unlikely theres no more around in my area i guess:(

but in other stat:flaming:es

Caldor1999

they left a lot of sates over the years they use to have over 1000 locations but over the years they closed many:(
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Zayre88

AmesNewington

DISCUSS about A&P Super Foodmart, the New-England/CT division of the A&P supermarket chain.

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

this sign brings back memories:rolleyes:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

oh oh oh !

I WANNA SHOP AT AN A&P LIKE THIS ONE!!!!

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

Aha!

A&P proof that you don't need to update your logo to stand out all the time

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

Rayco7030

Ames,King's,Mars,Two-Guys,Bradlees,
Caldor,Steigers,Wt Grant,Zayre,Woolco,
Woolworth,Sears,K-Mart,JC Penny,Target,
Wal-Mart,Child World,Pondersoa,Shop Rite
,Big Y,Winn-Dixie.Syop And Shop,Toys R Us
,Arby's,Howard Johnson's,Holiday Inn
,Sheraton Inn,Double D Dairy Bar,
Friendly's,Dunkin Dounuts,Wendy's,
Burger King.MCdonald's

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by Rayco7030
ad

WOW COOL!

AND I LOVE THE PICS CALDOR1999!:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Caldor1999

hear there bag lol they have a funny slogen
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

i got this one at a regluer A&P:o
Caldor Forever!

BillyGr

This is a former A&P Store in East Greenbush, NY (corner of Route 4 & Routes 9&20).  After being A&P, it was a Star Market (not connected to the current Star Markets in MA as far as I know - run by a local wholesaler J Trifeletti in Albany) for a while then was taken over by the True Value.

It may have been one of the early stores with a bank inside (as the Star Market in the 80's) and was certainly one of a few (if any other) supermaarket banks that had a drive thru window!

Sorry for the photo - I couldn't get a good shot so I had to cut & paste two pictures together.

AmesNewington

Waldbaum's Foodmart's old logos in the '90s were:

-Save More Ways-foodmart
-True Lower Costs
-Picky, Picky Picky!

I saw a lot of foodmart bags from the '90s lately. I should know, my Mom worked at foodmart in Berlin CT for 8 years.

Jag67

I have an old A&P olive bottle from the 20's or 30's in my antique bottle collection..It belonged to my grandma I believe

Zayre88

A & P recently sold it's canadian stores to Metro

Quebec grocer Metro Inc. has beat Sobeys Inc. in a heated battle for A&P Canada -- and wants an even bigger bite of the Canadian food retail market.

Metro won the contest by agreeing to pay $1.7-billion in cash and stock for the prized A&P Canada.  A&P Canada has 236 stores under the names of A&P, Dominion and Food Basics.  Metro's 579-store operation runs under the Metro, Super C and Loeb names mostly in Quebec, although some are in Ontario.

Jag67

I have a few antique A & P bottles. There was one around here many many years ago.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Jag67
I have a few antique A & P bottles. There was one around here many many years ago.

cool i have a bunch of old bottles to i'll tlke pics and show u sometime
Caldor Forever!

storehistoryguy

d_fife

this Smitty's Cinema in Tilton New Hampshire , on the borderline of Franklin, in the Townline Plaza was an A&P foods that closed in 1994 and was 25,000 square feet.

Crawford

I remember a number of these opening in the 90's and then were gone just as fast. Bought by the likes of Ro-Jacks and Edwards. Does Edwards still exist. A & P was also around here in the 60's and 70's and yes they too closed. I don't think there are anymore in Southern New England.
"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by Crawford
I remember a number of these opening in the 90's and then were gone just as fast. Bought by the likes of Ro-Jacks and Edwards. Does Edwards still exist. A & P was also around here in the 60's and 70's and yes they too closed. I don't think there are anymore in Southern New England.

I believe edwards does not exist anymore.

about ro-jacks, last summer I saw one vacant in attleboro mass last summer.

a&p went out one by one, and some were sold to STop and shop, including peterboro new hampshire.

BillyGr

QuoteOriginally posted by Crawford

The Edward's name is no longer used - Ahold (Stop n Shop/Tops/Giant) bought them and converted them to Stop n Shop - they still own the name, however (for "future use").

As to the A&P - there are still a few in Connecticut (and for some unknown reason the one in Margaretville NY is included in this group) - they sold/closed all the ones in Mass, Vt, NH etc. - see http://www.superfoodmartne.com/our_locations.asp for more info

d_fife

store215

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
here is the a&p foods in nanuet new york that is now babies r us

from http://www.siteride.com/srpl/p_snapshot.pl?lm=listing&resbox=1137820916&subNum=12208000006

Wow, that is another odd one because A&P goes by the name of "SAV-A CENTER" in their New Orleans area stores, minus he A&P part.

d_fife