Main Menu

AMES SENIOR CITIZEN DISCOUNT CARD

Started by Marc82, December 29, 2006, 10:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc82

For those of you who don't know me, I'm a cashier at Price Chopper. A lady came through my line today and handed me her keys to give me her Price Chopper Card and I noticed she still had her AMES Senior Citzen Discount Card on the keychain. She told me she didn't even realize she still had it.

Ames#1171

Ah, the good Ole Ames 55 Gold Card.  I just loved Tuesdays at Ames!!! ;)
Ames" border="0

IGA/Kmart Is Forever!

I have always wanted one of these as an Ames keepsake item. I have never been able to find anyone who still has one though. I made plans for my father to apply for one on his 55th birthday back in 2003. However, that plan backfired though. Ames went out of business in 2002 before my father could turn 55 in 2003.

ynkeesfn82

Wow. What an old post that I made. It's been 5 years since I got fired from Price Chopper. That was two jobs ago LOL.

Anyway the now defunct KMART in Plainville, Connecticut offered Senior Discounts for guests 55 and older too. The ones in Southington and Bristol did not offer this.

retailfan

somewhere I have my moms old  ames 55 card  ill have to find it and scan it sometime
she went to the ames in Anderson n which last I knew still half of it was unchanged  the side with the snack bar  and front registers big lots had taken over the other half   not sure if its still that way anymore or not

TheFugitive

When I worked for Ames in the early 90's we were not offering a Senior Discount.
They must have adopted this sometime after the first bankruptcy.

I remember they sent me to a Zayre in Jacksonville, Florida to assist with the transition.
Zayre had not only a Senior Discount program, but also a Military Discount program.

Ames rather stupidly opted to end both of these. 

Jacksonville is a big military town, and there are lots of retirees in Florida.  As the only
guy walking around with an Ames name badge, did I get an earful from those folks when
they learned they were no longer getting a discount!