Grand Union

Started by Caldor99, January 06, 2005, 11:33:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor99

they went Bankruped in 2000 and in 2001 they were sold to anuther companey and they r now curntley useing the Grand Union name many locations were closed down many were turned into stop&shop and outher super markets

Zayre88

Here's a pic i posted just before the old website crashed

Caldor99

sorry but every time i try to down size the pucture it messes up the picture but im relley sorry

Caldor99

zayre88 were is that Grand Union?

Zayre88

I don't know where it is but it's probably in Vermont but i'm note sure at all...

One trick i use to downsize pictures is to use the zoom in whatever program i'm using.  That way, i can get to the desired size with less "damage" to the picture than if i try manually.  

I use "Print Screen" and i paste the image and then i select what i need and save it.

Chris

There's one in Storrs, CT. One was opened in Rocky Hill CT but closed after a few months. It used to be Super Foodmart and now is becoming a Stop & Shop.

Caldor99

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris
There's one in Storrs, CT. One was opened in Rocky Hill CT but closed after a few months. It used to be Super Foodmart and now is becoming a Stop & Shop.
Mind became a stop&shop hears one in carmel NY it was the frrist one i posted i maed it smaller

Caldor99

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris
hears the carmel store

Anonymous

amesman

This Albany, New York location was a Salvation Army up until last winter. It was a cool store.

Chris

It was a weird thing in Rocky Hill CT. GU opened in Storrs first, and then in Rocky Hill in Spring/Summer 2003. We started getting their flyers. The RH Grand Union was an A&P Super Foodmart, newly remodeled, and closed. They opened GU up, and supposedly left the store as-is. They closed a little while later. It remained empty until they tore it down in Spring 2004. Now they are building a Super Stop & Shop and they re-vamped the Goodwill store next to it.

Caldor1999

hears one thats still open near me this grand unoin is running under the new companys name
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

looks like the grand union in carmel same dizine and everything
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

amesman

There was a second design too..evident in Zayre88's picture

Zayre88

Here's one that became Hannaford supermarket...

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88

lol they dident do such a good job rentvated that store but i don't like Hannaford :mad::mad:
Caldor Forever!

Zayre88

Here is an old Grand Union ..

Caldor1999

ohhh cool im trying to get a JOB at Grand Union near me hears a picture of the still open store
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999

ohhh cool im trying to get a JOB at Grand Union near me hears a picture of the still open store

o i also went in that store still looks like Grand Union nuttens changed i also saved a bag + im heading to the Caldor Corp In Ct witch is Still Standing to this day:holysh::holysh::holysh:o and hears the GU Bag
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

powersbt

lol they dident do such a good job rentvated that store but i don't like Hannaford :mad::mad:

You should apply to Hannaford instead. They treat their employees right, and they are in good shape financially. Been with the company for 5 years, and don't see myself leaving anytime soon.

Zayre, where is that Hannaford in the photo located?? As far as the Grand Union renovations, I'm not sure how good or bad they are, as I have never seen one of those projects. I know the stores are much smaller than I am used to, mine is 110,000 Sq. ft, with the average store, around 65K square foot, and now especially with the conversion projects, I think they are going smaller.

Zayre88

The Hannaford (former Grand Union) is in Milton VT.

I got the picture from this website http://www.vermontrealestate.com/listings-pomerleau.shtml

They own several properties, and most are Grand Union or former Grand Union supermarkets.  

I especially like this pic where you see two buildings with the same style but one is Shaw's and the other Hannaford !!:roll::dizzy:

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by powersbt

You should apply to Hannaford instead. They treat their employees right, and they are in good shape financially. Been with the company for 5 years, and don't see myself leaving anytime soon.

lol i dont have a hannaford near me i dont like them because there gonna tear down my Ames to make a new stiore when they could haved moved into the former Grand Union that was in the same plazza

Zayre, where is that Hannaford in the photo located?? As far as the Grand Union renovations, I'm not sure how good or bad they are, as I have never seen one of those projects. I know the stores are much smaller than I am used to, mine is 110,000 Sq. ft, with the average store, around 65K square foot, and now especially with the conversion projects, I think they are going smaller.
Caldor Forever!

lad

The Grand Union in Brattleboro,Vt is a dollor store,car parts store, olympia sports and Lable shopper with another empty space all in the same building.

powersbt

lol i dont have a hannaford near me i dont like them because there gonna tear down my Ames to make a new stiore when they could haved moved into the former Grand Union that was in the same plazza

Ohhh, I see why now. I don't have any control over where they decide to locate their stores. Guess you'd have to talk to Corporate on that one. But...if you're ever interested in getting into Retail, particularly Grocery, I recommend them.

Caldor1999

the Grand Uion IN Carmel was a key food market place fore 3 weeks before it closed they dident even have time to rentvated the whole store
Caldor Forever!

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

three words

" GRAND's  APPLE UNITED" lol:insane:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by amesman
This Albany, New York location was a Salvation Army up until last winter. It was a cool store.

WHAT IS IT WITH THESE INTERIM TEMPORARY SALVATION ARMY STORES?

ITS LIKE THEY REOPEN YOUR FAVORITE STORE THEN AFTER A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF TIME THEY CLOSE IT DOWN:mad::mad::mad::mad:

HASN'T HAPPENED TO ME YET BUT COULD IMAGINE HOW YOU FEEL

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by 76&AmesfanmanBBTB
three words

" GRAND's  APPLE UNITED" lol:insane:

lol i remeber we did that i called mine Apple Union lol myu old name was Caldor51-99
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

this store was Vacant when the pics were takeing DUA andways this store is now a Kohls i think????????
Caldor Forever!