Retail Stores in TV Shows, Movies, etc

Started by Anonymous, February 15, 2005, 01:21:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NJxxJon

QuoteOriginally posted by Hadley
Jackyl shot their video for "I stand alone" outside a k-mart when they refused to carry their album. Heres the video (you get a good shot of the k-mart logo at the time as well):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCm6re-RTdc

That is.........INTERESTING. Kmart Ticked other bands off too....but now, according to my younger brother, the other day he said there was not one EXPLICIT cd in their store....how corny?
JN

videogamer75

that K-Mart in the Jackyl music video is across the street from Marietta's famous KFC Big Chicken.

butta8

in the movie Meatballs(1979) a KMART can be seen in the scene before the buses leave for the camp. one of the counselers(a nerd) goes inside to get adrink and when he comes out, he is harrased by some local tuffs.

Caldor1999

i reactley saw the movie Mannequin on one of the movie channles last night and they shot the ending of the movie in boscov's
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

ameskmart1

I was watching an episode of Roseanne today and they showed the exterior on the Landford, IL mall which seems to have a Bradlees
Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

jmcnamara96

Today on Two and a Half Men Jake had a 50 dollar gift ceriticit to Pizza Hut
On Seinfeld elaines boss want to hold a string on woody the woodpecker in the macys day parade

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by ameskmart1
I was watching an episode of Roseanne today and they showed the exterior on the Landford, IL mall which seems to have a Bradlees

i never nodiced that wonder what mall they really used for that

anyways ive noticed sizzler has been mentioned in alot of shows including Roseanne The Nanny Full House Saved by The Bell Family matters as so on
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Crawford

There are several episodes of Knight Rider where a Chevron gas station can clearly be seen.

In Gremlins where Mrs Deagle confronts the mother and her children a Burger King can be seen in the background. Billy Peltzer passed this same Burger King earlier in the film.

"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor

jmcnamara96

In full house joey says i cleaned the bathroom if you got to go go to the texaco down the road and on Family Guy peter says lois im not gonna take my anger out on ill do it on my body wre going to dennys

jmcnamara96

Im watching south park and kyles cheap jewish cousin goes cartmen i saw that coat a boscovs for 29.99 how much did you pay is boscovs a rip off

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

The Back to the Future Trilogy has many retail cameos:
Part 1 - Burger King, Toys "R" Us, Zales, Texaco, JCPenney, Robinsons, Bank of America
Part 2 - Pizza Hut, Texaco, 7-Eleven
Part 3 - 7-Eleven

Marc82

The Kevin James Movie MALL COP has a lot of real stores in it. Rainforest Cafe, The Gap, and a lot more that I can't remember right now.

jmcnamara96

On The Cleavland Show a spin off of Cleveland from family guy and a guy says hey baby lets go to Woolworths  ill get you a grilled chese and a parakeet

videogamer75

The Fairly OddParents has a store called ''Wall 2 Wall-Mart''

Zayre88

There was an Ames cameo in the recent CNBC Docunnentary: "The new age of Walmart".  They visited the small town of Elensville NY where a former Ames sits vacant and people are for and against the coming of Walmart.

Marc82

QuoteOriginally posted by jmcnamara96
On The Cleavland Show a spin off of Cleveland from family guy and a guy says hey baby lets go to Woolworths  ill get you a burger

Actually he said "I'll get you a parrot."

dmx10101

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc82
QuoteOriginally posted by jmcnamara96
On The Cleavland Show a spin off of Cleveland from family guy and a guy says hey baby lets go to Woolworths  ill get you a burger

Actually he said "I'll get you a parrot."

Actually he says "I'll get you a grilled cheese and a parakeet."
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

IGA and ShopKo were mentioned in the Christmas song parody, "Rusted Chevrolet" (a parody of "Jingle Bells") by Da Yoopers, from their Culture Shock album.

nims57

There was the "Kmart sucks" scene in the 1988 movie Rain Man.

dmx10101

On one of the latest family guy episodes "Hanna Banana" Peter goes to a half dead mall and talks about a cinnabon with the gate half down, a fountain thats dry and full of trash, and a store with a labelscar on it.
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

ameskmart1

In yesterday's episode of ABC's The Middle, Mike went to his father's house to find a note on the door that says "went to Montgomery Ward be back at 5" he mentions Montgomery Ward went out of business 10 yrs ago .. his dad opens the door and replaces the note with one saying "went to Circuit City be back at 5"
Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

gu4ever

I've been watching the first season of Maude on DVD. I was surprised in one episode Maude came home from a day of shopping at the A&P, Finast and Big Bear.
There is a lot in store for you where clean, fresh and good make a GRAND UNION.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by gu4ever
I've been watching the first season of Maude on DVD. I was surprised in one episode Maude came home from a day of shopping at the A&P, Finast and Big Bear.

she must have taking a long trip to go to big bear because there were never any in westchester county ny the show is based in the  county i live in btw lol
Caldor Forever!

Marc82

Part of the new CNBC documentary about Coca Cola was filmed at a Shoprite. http://www.cnbc.com/ for info on future airings.

jmcnamara96

On little people big world they always go to fred myer and on msnbc show they had eckerd drug containers

jmcnamara96

On Chuck and Larry there is a man stuck in a vent on the roof of a PC Ricards and Son

On youve got mail shes in the grocery store pushing a stell cart with yellow handle and child seat is it a caldor cart from the 70s its filmed in ny

Marc82

Stewie mentioned SAV-ON on the Family Guy repeat that aired last night.

jmcnamara96

On Law and Order SVU elloit says it was easy to get his daughter at target this episode is all new right

nims57

Not Osco, which they had in New England?

jmcnamara96

QuoteOriginally posted by nims57

Not Osco, which they had in New England?

he also talked about  Sav-On in another episode making fun of photography