Retail Stores in TV Shows, Movies, etc

Started by Anonymous, February 15, 2005, 01:21:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor1999

hears the pic from that movie
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

ameskmart1

Roseanne has mentioned Woolworth, Montgomery Ward, Kmart, Target, Wal-Mart
Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

Ameskid

In the movie "Rent", in the scene when the two ladies marry each other on the city sidewalk, you can see a CVS Pharmacy in the background. Also. in the New Year's Eve part, you can see them walking past a Nobody Beats The Wiz. It's very clear, too.
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

Crawford

Wow, I am surprised no one has mentioned this already

Stop & Shop has been seen several times on Family Guy (Brian even pees in one). The exterior of the market is similar to the old style from years ago not the newer super stores. Brian also likes the breakfasts at Denny's

There is a futuristic McDonalds in Woody Allen's "Sleeper"

Kentucky Fried Chicken can be seen in "Superman II"

In the sitcom "Gimme a Break" Nell talks about being given a ride to K-mart

The music video "Rock the Casbah" by the Clash has a sheik and a rabbi running out of a Burger King with food
"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by Crawford
Wow, I am surprised no one has mentioned this already

Stop & Shop has been seen several times on Family Guy (Brian even pees in one). The exterior of the market is similar to the old style from years ago not the newer super stores. Brian also likes the breakfasts at Denny's

There is a futuristic McDonalds in Woody Allen's "Sleeper"

Kentucky Fried Chicken can be seen in "Superman II"

In the sitcom "Gimme a Break" Nell talks about being given a ride to K-mart

The music video "Rock the Casbah" by the Clash has a sheik and a rabbi running out of a Burger King with food

the chili's jingle was sang on austin powers, big boy was on austin powers, arby's was on a power rangers episode, a woolworth was shown in leprechaun 2, pizza the hut was the name of a character that was a pizza, and I cannot think of others.

ameskmart1

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobody_Beats_The_Wiz

In an episode of the 1990s sitcom Seinfeld, Elaine becomes unknowingly infatuated with "The Wiz," a man she soon realizes was the fictional pitchman for the Nobody Beats The Wiz chain.
Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

beachgal26

How about the early part of "Pee Wee's Big Adventure" where he passes by a F.W. Woolworth that is near the bike store where he gets all his stuff???

:insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane:

MontgomeryWardFan

In The Beginning of Gremlins Where Pete is Running to Work he runs past Montgomery Ward Having a Xmas Sale and People Window Shopping then in the end Stripe runs into Montgomery Ward and the scene Called "The Final Showdown" was shot in there you can see the signs on the inside of the store later in Back to the future the store was a car dealership

Zayre88

A Target truck in the Simpsons and something about Bed, Bath & Beyond:

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
A Target truck in the Simpsons and something about Bed, Bath & Beyond:

that the esp were homer gets a gun i have that eps on dvd and i never nodiced teh target truck
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Zayre88

The Simpsons version of Home Depot ... ;)  (from the episode with Ray the roofer)

scottw73

I just saw an episode of "The King of Queens" where Doug shows up at spence's apartment after Christmas Shopping at "Target"

AmesNewington

On "The Golden Girls", there are many references to stores. They mention 7-11, Wendy's, McDonald's, K-Mart, A&P, Neiman Marcus, Woolworth's, JCPenney, and Sears, and maybe others.

Also on "Everybody Loves Raymond", they mentioned Waldbaum's.

XISMZERO

QuoteOriginally posted by AmesNewington
On "The Golden Girls"...

I distinctly remember Dorothy mentioning "the A&P" and one time where Sophia asked for a cough drop and Dorothy saying 'does it say Kmart on my back?'

Good stuff.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

amesman

Anyone see the recent Family Guy, where this old guy mentions he got slacks on special at Caldor? :)

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by amesman
Anyone see the recent Family Guy, where this old guy mentions he got slacks on special at Caldor? :)

Yes, last week i think!

Hadley

There was also an episode of the simpsons where marge and apu went to a sams club/bj's parody called "monstro mart". And theyve also shown stop and shop on family guy.

Crawford

We forgot the mall from the original Dawn of the Dead movie. Plenty of regional and local stores were clearly seen. Also in the plaza in the back of the mall an A & P can also be spotted.

an episode of I Love Lucy has Lucy buying a dress from Gimbel's and Ethel buying an identical dress from Macy's

Macy's also features in A Miracle on 34th St

the campers from "Meatballs" board their busses in a K-mart parking lot

In "Moscow on the Hudson" Robin Williams' character defects inside Bloomingdales
"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor

GothicPrincess

I can't believe none of you mention the movie SPLASH. When Madison (Darryl Hannah) went shopping, she went to Bloomingdales.
Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!

AmesNewington1

In the show "Homicide: Life on the Street", I noticed on an episode named "Abduction" one girl questioned for a kidnapping claimed she babysits. She said it's better than working at Caldor! This episode was originally shown in early 1998.

Also in the movie "Hard Rain", an old couple (the wife played by Golden Girl Betty White) live directly across from Sears. Their last name was even Sears.

Hadley

Jackyl shot their video for "I stand alone" outside a k-mart when they refused to carry their album. Heres the video (you get a good shot of the k-mart logo at the time as well):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCm6re-RTdc

ameskmart1

In 1986 country singer Kathy Mattea released a song called "Love at the Five and Dime" which takes place at a Woolworth store

Zayre88

And this (Wal-Mart) store from Family Guy:

patk

thats a funny ep :insane:

C. Fontaine

QuoteOriginally posted by Hadley
Jackyl shot their video for "I stand alone" outside a k-mart when they refused to carry their album. Heres the video (you get a good shot of the k-mart logo at the time as well):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCm6re-RTdc
That video is hilarious!

I remember seeing a video online once of these kids Boycotting music at Wal-mart.  They bought a camera at a Wal-Mart in Worcester and filmed themselves sticking these anti-walmart stickers all over cd's at walmart, Target, and other stores music sections.  Then they got the video off the camera and returned it to the store!:insane:

http://web.archive.org/web/20070607211409/www.downhillbattle.org/riaa/index.html

farmingtonvalleymall

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
hears the pic from that movie

This movie is called "Chopping Mall". It was shot inside the Sherman Oaks Galleria (which I hear is now an open air plaza). You can see many many stores in here including: McDonalds, May Co., Crabtree & Evelyn, Thom Mcan, Toys'R'us  among others.

Apparently this mall was also used in many other films including "Fast Times at Ridgemont High"

farmingtonvalleymall

"Weird Science" has a scene at the Northbrook Court Mall in Illinois. A few stores can be seen like The Gap, GNC and a lady is carrying a Crate & Barrel bag

Marc82

Saw parts of this really bizzare movie recently called Adam Sandler's 8 Crazy Nites. It was an animated movie and the mall used the names of real stores.

Hddfan135

In a Christmas episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000, they mention Monkey Wards when looking at a bunch of catalogs.

Sorry for topic revival, BTW.

C. Fontaine

Oh man I used to stay up soo late when I was a kid just to watch those robots make fun of movies!