Newington Fair Plaza/Newington Gateway Plaza

Started by TRU7536, December 04, 2006, 03:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRU7536

QuoteOriginally posted by AmesNewington
I wish it was going to open sooner, but you never know maybe it will open sooner. It can never be ruled out. It depends on when the contractors get things rolling. I'm quite happy with the outcome of this shopping center. Sam's Club has its own little world in the back corner with a nice spacious lot, which other stores along the pike do not have. I hope they are able to re-open the back entrance up that leads out to Pane Road once Sam's opens.  

its already opened, drove through it a few times.

momof3

I heard Aug 09 aswell althought i am really surprized becasue the Sams looks completed, but if there is permit or legal issues than that makes total sense.

momof3

Going to Stews today and noticed the gas pumps were installed at the Sams Club gas station, there was even vehicles parked by the pumps which at a quick glance made me think for a moment that it was opened.

TRU7536

the gas sation should be up and running within the next few weeks and the opening date of the club is july 22, but it may be sooner then that.

TRU7536

Sams club is set to open July 23rd and the gas station is already been open.

momof3

Are Sams gas prices lower than the others in the area?????

TRU7536

LA Fitness aka former Service Merchandise and Stickleys

TRU7536

So looks like a whole new phase of this plaza is about to take place.

Seems like Mcguires and the strip club is coming down to make new for a new plaza connecting to Newington Fair.

Chase Bank (be the first around the Hartford area)
Chipotle
Bassett Furniture (will be relocating here since Walmart is going to becoming a "SuperCenter" type store
StarBucks
and some Sandwich shop.

ynkeesfn82

TRU7536

Starbucks, Chipotle and Dibellas all have started hiring. Seems the Gateway Plaza is almost complete. The new part of the plaza will be another 25,000 SF with connections to Newington Fair.

Below is the site plan for it.

TRU7536

Bassett Furniture will open in May and Starbucks, Chipotle and Dibellas are expected to open in next few weeks.

Looks like chase Bank has backed out, but they did find a Credit Union to replace it and contruction is expected soon.

Jstar1994