Loblaws

Started by mikey1972, December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey1972

buzz86us

not defunct, but still around in Canada they left the US market in the 1970s, and Golub absorbed many of their stores

Retail Regents

Quote from: buzz86us on September 25, 2019, 08:16:24 AM
not defunct, but still around in Canada they left the US market in the 1970s, and Golub absorbed many of their stores

The one in Johnstown Mall was one of the stores to be absorbed by the Golub Corporation.

Ilion later became a Great American and is currently a Salvation Army thrift store. The Great American in Watertown is rumored to have originally been a Loblaws.

Gloversville sat abandoned for many years too long before being demolished for a relocated Stewart's Shops.

TheFugitive

They are a pretty big deal in Canada.

The former Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto was renovated and contains a Loblaws
festival marketplace.

I remember shopping at a Loblaws store in western New York State back in the 70's.
My grandfather said they had been in Pittsburgh at one time (long gone by the time I
came along).

nysw3636

Quote from: Retail Regents on September 25, 2019, 03:33:00 PM
Quote from: buzz86us on September 25, 2019, 08:16:24 AM

The one in Johnstown Mall was one of the stores to be absorbed by the Golub Corporation.

Ilion later became a Great American and is currently a Salvation Army thrift store. The Great American in Watertown is rumored to have originally been a Loblaws>

Watertown location was indeed a Loblaw's.