Does anyone remember This Furniture Chain
they went bankrupt in 2000

itwasmatt

itwasmatt

itwasmatt

itwasmatt

itwasmatt

tokensafari

I don't remember where it was... but we were on the interstate and i remember looking over and seeing a HUGE Heilig Meyer's distribution center.

Ameskid

I remember seeing a big vacant one in WVA or somewhere....

Anyway, they sponsored the Nascar #90 car driven by Dick Trickle, in the late 1990's, maybe 1998.
What the-?! It bleeped it out?!
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

HoJofan206

No that seriously was the driver of the car.  His name was Dick Trickle and he drove the #90 Helig Myers sponsored Nascar owned by legendary car ownder Junie Donlavy.  The car was painted the teale green that Helig Myers was known for.

dmx10101

From my personal collection...

The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

df559

I think it blocked the guy's name because that could be a bad word in another context. But, we can read the name in the pic of the race car. :)

df559

I can't edit my original post because for some reason I can't log in...

Anyhow, when I worked in radio, the very first piece of commercial production I did was for a Heilig Meyers ad. I had to "tag" the spot with the towns in this area that had a Heilig Meyers store. I had to read it at least 5 times to get it to fit over the short music bed they provided! (I think it wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't have long names like Chowchilla and Firebaugh in there)

powersbt

QuoteOriginally posted by df559
I think it blocked the guy's name because that could be a bad word in another context. But, we can read the name in the pic of the race car. :)

LOL. What a name.

Ameskid

Yes. D i c k Trickle is quite a name.
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

Kmart4life

Helig Meyers was known for lousy customer satisfaction and ripping people off. They ripped my Grandparents off a few years ago.

beachgal26

Boy, does that store name bring back memories - both good and bad!  To make a long story short, they were a good furniture company in FL for those who were rebuilding their credit like we were at the time.  We bought some very nice furniture from them and once you were a customer and maintained a good payment record, you were on their A list.  However, as the years went on and they dissolved into financial ruin, they would be hounding you by phone if you were 1 day late with a payment and send people to your house to collect money!  (I knew someone that this actually happened to.)

No good memories there, but we still have a good deal of their furniture and it was good quality for the cost.

:holysh:

dmx10101

Helig Meyers GOB ad that was in the paper-

The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org