Golden Corral

Started by HoJofan206, November 04, 2006, 09:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoJofan206

Evansville Indiana

itwasmatt

the golden corral in new martinsville ,wv closed 3 years ago

df559

Our Golden Corral closed about 4 years ago. It sat vacant for about a year before Shakey's Pizza moved in. They couldn't compete with Hometown Buffet down the street.

shakethis1234

there was one in fulton ny but closed last year the ladds could not afford to run it

dmx10101

The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

FearlessSwan

TwoGuysJerseyGirl

Ever since our local Old Country Buffets closed here in central NJ, I've been dying to try the Golden Corral. I got the chance this past weekend during a trip to VA.

The verdict: good, but I didn't feel really comfortable there. Having to pay extra for the drinks right when you walk in the door pissed me off right away. It just started me off in the wrong mood. It's not like hubby and I guzzle liquids or anything, but we spent years being able to pour our own at the OCB or Hometown Buffet.

You couldn't get your own plates or silverware, either: a server was hovering around waiting for you to take your last bite, then set two clean plates down on the table.

The food was pretty good though, I'll say that much for the place. Not as good a value as the OCB. Higher cost and having to pay for the drinks made us feel as though we really overpaid for the meal we got. We did dinner, then breakfast the next AM (always my favorite meal at the OCB). It was pretty good, but having to flag down a server for a second cup of coffee was not cool.

JMHO - I'm sure others will have their own buffet preferences.

store215

I ate at one when I was in Florida a few years back, and was MUCH better than OCB, which I found disgusting no matter what the price was. Golden Corral had a much higher quality of food. (However, if you want to see a real buffet, come out to Lancaster County and go to the Shady Maple Smorgasbord.

Marc82

Do they have a website? Where are they located? I've been seeing them advertising quite a bit lately.

dmx10101

Golden Corral is decent, but I like Ryan's better. Most Golden Corrals are franchised. their site is goldencorral.com
Retail World on Youtube
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

retailfan

Golden Corral in ourarea now has the plates on a cart and you get your own as needed Very good food although they have gotten caried away with the applewood bacon on steaks chicken etc

Ryans and Old Country Buffet are owend by the same parent company also a chain calld fireside
They are in bankruptcy i hope they survive

jmcnamara96

seen lots of there commercials here in new hampshire but havent seen a single one

gu4ever

I went to the Golden Corral in Springfield, MA tonight. It was the BEST buffet I ever went to EVER!!
There was so much food, all super fresh and a HUGE variety. The best part was it was so cheap for so much variety and just plan Great food!!
To bad it's 2 hours from my house, I would recommend trying this place!
This location is off from route 90 at exit #7 follow route 21 south to the Golden Corral sitting on the right. :bigsmile:
There is a lot in store for you where clean, fresh and good make a GRAND UNION.

gu4ever

I didn't bring my camera with me today. So the only thing I got from the restaurant was the golden receipt and a couple of sugar packets.
The buffet was worth taking pictures of.... If you haven't guessed by now, I was pretty amazed by the quality and selection and price of my meal tonight....
:D

Marc82

Springfield, MA is the closest one to me. And that's too far to go for dinner. :-p I have no reason to go up there. When my family and I go visit my aunt and uncle in Agawam (Feeding Hills) we go together, so no chance of me going there by myself from Agawam.

gu4ever

I finally visited the corral with my camera. Here's the outside of the Springfield, MA restaurant.

gu4ever

The sign over the dessert/bakery bar.

gu4ever

patk

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321
I ate at one when I was in Florida a few years back, and was MUCH better than OCB, which I found disgusting no matter what the price was. Golden Corral had a much higher quality of food. (However, if you want to see a real buffet, come out to Lancaster County and go to the Shady Maple Smorgasbord.
found the he Shady Maple Smorgasbord site http://www.shady-maple.com/smorgasbord

jmcnamara96

i see there commericals all the time in nh were are they?

Marc82

There are none in New Hampshire.

amesman

Closest one to me is Albany. I have never been there.

gu4ever

QuoteOriginally posted by jmcnamara96
i see there commericals all the time in nh were are they?

The closet one is Springfield, MA. It's about 1 1/2 hours from Nashua, NH.
My friends and I visit it about once a month, it gives us a chance to talk and hang out together + eat some good food.

ynkeesfn82

My friend DJ Walt and his wife and daughter are supposed to be going today for Mother's Day. He's supposed to either call me and let me know how it was or tell me about it when I see him on Thursday. He's also gonna see if they have a menu to give me.

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: ynkeesfn82 on May 09, 2010, 01:20:49 PM
My friend DJ Walt and his wife and daughter are supposed to be going today for Mother's Day. He's supposed to either call me and let me know how it was or tell me about it when I see him on Thursday. He's also gonna see if they have a menu to give me.

DJ Walt said it was a big mistake trying Golden Corral in Springfield on Mother's Day. He said it was much too crowded and noisy. He also said the kitchen staff couldn't keep up with the demand. He said some food was coming out under-cooked and some was coming out over-cooked. He said he'll give it another shot when it's not a major holiday.

Anyway DJ Walt lives in Wolcott, Connecticut and he said it was about an hour and fifteen minute drive to the Springfield, Mass Golden Corral from his house (not including a stop at a mall and at Bradley Airport).

gu4ever

Was at the Golden Corral again tonight in Springfeild,MA. The food was crazy good!!
Apparently this location prior to it being the Golden Corral was a chinese buffet restaurant. It's nice that GC would reuse the building modernizing it to accomodate their needs as an amazing steakhouse buffet.

ynkeesfn82

dmx10101

The building style looks like it could have originally been a Ryan's.
Retail World on Youtube
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

videogamer75

There is a Golden Corral in Audubon, NJ. Pretty good food.

Hudsons81

Here comes a four-and-a-year-half bump.

A new Golden Coral will soon open in the former Ryan's/Fire Mountain at Eureka and I-75 in Taylor, Michigan. Right now, the closest one to me is in Westland.
http://www.thenewsherald.com/articles/2015/06/05/news/doc557130bf79446183762505.txt