Ollie's Bargain Outlet

Started by d_fife, November 01, 2006, 06:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

here is ollie's bargain in erie pa around the millcreek mall.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
here is ollie's bargain in erie pa around the millcreek mall.

more of erie pa one

patk

The Lancaster pa Ollies
there are a lot of old Shopping Carts there :bouncing:

GothicPrincess

Labelscar of McCrory's found on an Ollies Bargain Outlet in LaVale, MD

wider shot
Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!

scottw73

The one in Lancaster looks like an old Child World/Childrens Palace.

blackbearridge

The Ollies in LaVale, MD used to be an Ames

GothicPrincess

GothicPrincess

Walking around Ollie's tonight in Greensburg, PA looking for a carpet for my new house, I tripped on this carry-cart. There were quite a few just laying around the store

patk

the York pa ollies

it may have been a Target store :huh:

XDeSuEhTX

Good news for me I guess. It was recently announced that an Ollie's is opening up in my area! It is supposed to go in the former Value City...

Never heard of it before, hope it's good.
"Ancient malls, overgrown like Roman ruins without the class, our generation will be remembered for our greatest works, our trinkets at Spencer Gifts"

GothicPrincess

I got Father's Day gifts for my husband at Ollie's!!! My son picked out a Penn State HEAVY black marbleized coffee mug and a picture book about Elvis. 2 things my husband LOVES. And it was my sweet 11 year old son that picked them out. I picked the cutest gift bag, for only a dollar. Unfortunately, I originally went to Ollie's for a Penn State t-shirt, and the plate and bowls they had with the logo on it, but they didn't have them anymore. Thank goodness my son found the other stuff so I wouldn't have to go driving all over creation to find stuff...

XDeSuEhTX

This store just opened around here last week and is doing extremely well. Besides the Walmart carts they use there, the store seems pretty nice.
"Ancient malls, overgrown like Roman ruins without the class, our generation will be remembered for our greatest works, our trinkets at Spencer Gifts"

nims57

QuoteOriginally posted by patk
the York pa ollies

it may have been a Target store :huh:

looks like Phar-Mor

GothicPrincess

Ollie's in Greensburg Pa used to be a Phar-mor...I remember it being there, then it was gone.........quite a few years ago though, probably around 2002..?

nims57

QuoteOriginally posted by GothicPrincess
Ollie's in Greensburg Pa used to be a Phar-mor...I remember it being there, then it was gone.........quite a few years ago though, probably around 2002..?

There was a Phar-Mor on this site that looked just like the Ollie's pictured. It said it opened in 1988. They went out of business in 2002.

catsnap1972

Lancaster PA was Child World (or Children's Palace...whatever name they were going by here), York PA was indeed Phar-Mor.

Couple more that they recycled: Wilkes Barre PA was a short-lived Shop Rite, Temple (Reading) PA was Ames

nims57

QuoteOriginally posted by catsnap1972
Lancaster PA was Child World (or Children's Palace...whatever name they were going by here), York PA was indeed Phar-Mor.

Couple more that they recycled: Wilkes Barre PA was a short-lived Shop Rite, Temple (Reading) PA was Ames

Hazleton PA was Kmart that closed in 1995, but Ollie's is now relocating to the former Gaylords/Glosser Brothers/Value City

The Adamantium Elbow

I think that's when Phar Mor closed. That Ollie's though I think they opened up in the middle of last year. Last time I went by that shopping center they were levelling the parking lot of something up at the Shop n'Save.

GothicPrincess

QuoteOriginally posted by The Adamantium Elbow
I think that's when Phar Mor closed. That Ollie's though I think they opened up in the middle of last year. Last time I went by that shopping center they were levelling the parking lot of something up at the Shop n'Save.
They completely leveled the parking lot. The Ollies has been open for a few years though, I bought some Christmas presents there 2 years ago, plus my husband's birthday presents. He's rather easy to shop for :)

Ameskid

A new Ollie's opened down the road from me a few months ago, and I was very pleasantly surprised by the selection and prices.  They've made a regular customer out of me!  It used to be a Mr. HOW hardware store back in the '80s, and more recently, a mattress store.

I've been to two others: one that was a 99center (opened about 4 years ago) in Florence, KY, and another that was either a Kroger or a Thriftway. 
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

Hudsons81

An Ollie's just opened last summer in Taylor, MI, but I have yet to go into there. As far as I can recall, it was originally built as an A&P colonial, then became a Farmer Jack when A&P decided to rebrand all of their Michigan locations to Farmer Jack in the early 1990's, then became an independent supermarket when FJ folded in 2007 and that closed as well, then it became Ollie's. That particular store is also attached to a Sears Outlet store.

MikeRa

An Ollie's that is in Bristol, Pa used to be a Super Fresh Super Store, in a "Futerstore" building.
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

Hudsons81

I was reading today's Detroit News and noticed an ad that mentions Ollie's is soon opening two new Detroit-area stores, in Farmington Hills, MI and Westland, MI. I don't know exactly which buildings they will move into though.  ???

BillyGr

New store opening August 21st in Crossgates Commons in Albany, NY

Looks to be around the "back" side of the stores (from the map in the ad announcing it), on the Home Depot side.

This is the first one in the area - closest one now is in Kingston (behind Walmart next to the mall).

JimSawhill

I wonder if Ollie's will come to CT

dmx10101

Ollie's is expanding down south and is opening for the first time in Georgia. They are opening 4 locations here next month. And to support their expansion down south they are opening up a new distribution center in Commerce, GA. It was be only their seond one in the US.
I'm looking forward to shopping at one, I wanted to check one out for years, never thought they'd ever open up here. They said they are looking at Florida to expanding into next.
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

bubcolbert1952

I get the feeling the Acme in Exton PA which is closing this month will become an Ollie's. The former Acme in Kennett Square (kind of far away but definitely a town that has a lot of contact with Exton) became an Ollie's a year or two ago, but that was a much smaller store. So most likely the Exton Acme will be split into Ollie's and something else. My guess is Hobby Lobby, but it wouldn't be impossible if Goodwill opened a store at the site to replace their current store in Exton, which is tiny, and in the middle of nowhere with poor visibility and a cramped parking lot.

BillyGr

It's sort of interesting that somewhere along the line the idea didn't come up to take over the Building 19 folks (since they are closing after declaring bankruptcy) - the stores have a similar theme (even to the funny pictures in their logos) and Ollie's isn't in that area yet, but they seem to be expanding (and fairly widely) at this point.

ynkeesfn82

It would be nice if Ollies came to Connecticut, but they probably won't due to Ocean State Job Lot.

BillyGr

Quote from: Marc B on February 09, 2014, 06:58:00 PM
It would be nice if Ollies came to Connecticut, but they probably won't due to Ocean State Job Lot.

They are starting to overlap here in NY, though not in exactly the same spots (Ollie's in Kingston, OSJL in Poughkeepsie and Fishkill, and Ollie's in Guilderland and OSJL in Albany, Schenectady).

Although the Guilderland/Albany ones are only about 4-5 miles apart, so fairly close.

Of course OSJL probably has a few more stores in CT then the 7 or 8 in NY so far, so that might make a difference.