Photography: what\'s your camera?

Started by Zayre88, October 04, 2006, 09:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by amesman
QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO
Older shot from when it was still Filene's.

Amesman, I'm curious about what kind of camera you use to secure indoor photos. The camera appears to be a champion of very good quality indoor shots.

I use a Kodak Easyshare CX7430. It is very good for inside shots and outdoor shots. Outdoor shots usually don't work inside a moving car when it is either a)really hazy, b) really cloudy and rainy, and c) when it is dark.

Since april i use a Sony DSCW5 5.1 megapixel camera. I use to have a Sony DSC-P20 wich i bought in 2001.

XISMZERO

I used a rather troublesome but decent Sony DSC-T7 (Cybershot) to capture every photo of mine you see on this forum. However, the camera has been dropped too many times and finally broke for good just last Sunday. You can check my website to see what kind of damage it's been hit with...

I now use a Canon Powershot SD600, which I am awaiting in the mail as my new camera. After doing much research, I've come to this as my next one. Supposedly, it's much better than my old one, cheaper, and is critically acclaimed in low-lighting conditions.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

Ameskid

I have 2 Vivitar old timey 35mm cameras, a Digital Blue camera (it's unique; seacrh Google Images  for Digital Blue), and a crappy Vivitar ViviCam 35 digital camera.
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

Marc82

I have a Olympus FE-110 5.0 Megapixel Digital Camera. I bought it on clearence from the Shop-At-Home Network's "Going Out of Business" Sale in June. Of course as the final days of the network approached they lowered the price further. :( Now the networks back on under the ownership of Jewlery TV and they no longer sell electronics.

powersbt

I have a Kodak Easyshare C540 5.0 Megapixel. My mom had a Kodak, and they were the best photos that I had ever taken with a Digital Camera, so I vowed to buy a Kodak when I did.

amesman

As posted in another forum, I have a Kodak Easyshare CX7430. I'm hoping to get the new Kodak Z350(I think that's it anyway..)

Ameskid

I have recently been using a 35MM Bell + Howell PZ2200 camera. In my opinion, it's one of the best non-professional 35MM cameras out there.

XISMZERO

I now shoot with a Sony Cybershot DSC-T10. I didn't buy it entirely on design but actually after a long introspection of subcompact Sony models.

After going with a possibly defective Canon SD600 for a week, I decided I wasn't ready to switch manufacturers just yet. While I miss my T7 (since dropped, damaged), the T-10 makes up for image stable, and very good image quality albeit some harsh shadows in a lot of pictures (ones I tend to correct with Picasa).

I've also begun using the camera on "Program" instead of Auto like before. I'm tinkering with things and still trying to get my images better. The point and shoot does well what I need it for; occassionally calling for stealthy, low-profile, easy to tout photography and it looks fine in black :)

7 Megapixels is available but I only use 3 (and sometimes 5) and am still impressed - especially with the Magnify Macro setting.

(3 Megapixels, Macro Magnify Glass, cropped not otherwise altered.)
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Image Stable helps mostly when taking night and neon sensitive images.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

Marc82

Ugh! Nick, that first picture is disgusting, man. :exorcist:

Ameskid

LOL, what's NY Bling! Bling about?  And as for defective cameras, my Vivitar ViviCam 35 uses AAA batteries. Put 'em in, turn it on, and boom-it stays on normally for about 5 seconds before the Low Battery icon starts blinking.

C. Fontaine

I've had bad luck all the way with digital cameras.
I used to shoot with a Fujifilm Finepix 2650, great camera, that was stolen.
Then I bought a Fujifilm Finepix A350, that was stolen.
I now have the camera in my cell phone, which only has 1.3 active pixels...
Hopefully I will have something better soon!

Marc82

Apparently my Olympus FE-110 aka The Shop-At-Home Network Blue Light Special bit the big one and may be on its way to the great electronics store in the sky. I don't use it very often.

On Thursday the 8th I took it with me when I went to meet Nick, (XISMZERO) for the first time. I stopped at CVS to buy batteries for it, but I didn't use the camera at all that day.

So then this Saturday the 17th, right before I was ready to go over to my friend's house before heading for the Westfield Mall in Meriden, CT I put the batteries in the camera and I couldn't get the stupid camera to work, so I didn't take the camera with me and didn't get any pix of the mall. I tried flipping the batteries around and had no luck. I have one more idea before I send it to the graveyard. Maybe the camera just doesn't like store-brand batteries. I really don't wanna get a new camera. I like how it worked.

To see my work check out my website:

http://marcbramhall.com/photos/random/random.html (The only pic I didn't take was the one of Paul Walker at WABV)

http://marcbramhall.com/photos/bristol/bristol1.html

http://marcbramhall.com/photos/southington/southington.html

And my Photo Album featuring the Now-Defunct Mall-at-Bristol Centre:

http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h195/mallatbristolcentre/

C. Fontaine

That may be it.  I bought dollar store batteries for one of mine a while ago, they didn't have enough amps to power it up, because it worked fine with some brand name batteries.

amesman

I'm going to get the Canon Powershot IS 10(or it's the IS 20..one of the two) this week.

Caldor1999

I'm going to get the Canon Powershot IS 10 this week.

thats what i ahve only mine is almost 3 years old but tehre good cams
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

dmx10101

I have a Kodak Easyshare 7.1MP 3x Optical camera.
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

jmcnamara96

I have a Black HP Photo Smart M537 with 6.0 mega pixels

C3Nostalgia

I use a 8.0MP Canon Powershot SD1100 IS.

I also have a Nikon FM10 35mm film SLR camera, and I am hoping to get a nice Digital SLR soon.

jmcnamara96

I retired my old HP Photo Smart i now have a Sony Cyber Shot i got a Target today for 109.99 and a free 10 dollar gift card to Target

C. Fontaine

GothicPrincess

I used to use my Samsung Siren cameraphone, but that got shut off, so for now, no camera. Might have to go back to my old 35mm, if I can find the dang thing, but even so, I don't have a scanner. soooo...lol
Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!

Marc82

I picked up a Sony Cybershot 7.2 Mega Pixels at Bernie's Black Friday Sale back in '07. It was $105 including tax. Yeah it was cheaper at Walmart's Black Friday Sale, but that would've required me getting up at 2AM and standing out in the freezing cold for 3 1/2 hours waiting to get in and probably finding out they didn't have any. At Bernie's they were opening at 8AM for their Black Friday Sale. At 7:45 managers came out asking what everyone wanted. Everyone got a ticket for what they wanted. Everyone who had a ticket for what they wanted was guarenteed to get what they wanted. At 8AM when they opened the store all you had to do was find a sales associate, give them your ticket and they'd get item. I was in and out of the store by 8:05. I spent more time at the traffic light waiting to get out of the plaza than I did in the store.   :D It's an okay camera. It just eats batteries. I should break down and buy a charger and rechargeable batteries for it.

Anyway R.I.P. Bernie's.

Ameskid

I use a couple of cameras...my primary camera is a Sony DSC-H1. Not the newest technology in the world, but it was only $5.00 at a church sale a few years ago. Excellent zoom and focus.

My backup camera is a Canon A3000IS. I bought it off of eBay about five years ago to replace another point-and-shoot. Nowhere near the focusing ability or detail of the Sony, but it has taken a licking and kept on ticking...the metal outer case has much more of a "worn" (read: dented) finish now.

TheFugitive

I'm "old school" in that I still have yet to finish the transition to all-digital.

My cameras are all film cameras.  Pentax K-1000.  Several vintage Brownie box cameras,
one of which is over 100 years old.  Will try and get some pictures of them up as soon as
I can figure out this darned digital thing.

I had a darkroom when I was a teenager.  Ahh, the days of mixing up a batch of hypo
and threading 36 exposure rolls of Tri-X onto the reel in total darkness.  8)

HannafordHearts

I mostly use my tablet (Samsung SM-P600) and my phone (LG VS810PP) for taking pictures.

Ameskid

Quote from: TheFugitive on February 11, 2015, 02:31:48 PM
I had a darkroom when I was a teenager.  Ahh, the days of mixing up a batch of hypo
and threading 36 exposure rolls of Tri-X onto the reel in total darkness.  8)
I suppose I should consider myself lucky that my high school offered a film photography class. Despite the best (worst) efforts of the other students in there, I highly enjoyed it and would love to do it again.  I picked up some developing materials from a church sale a year or so ago - but it's still far from a complete darkroom kit.  Also needed are an actual darkroom and decent film cameras that work, as both of my SLRs are broken due to mechanical failures and design flaws.

Film is great fun, but it takes lots of practice.

ynkeesfn82

My Mom doesn't do digital. If she needs a camera for something she buys a disposable camera. (Yeah they still sell those). Some people don't know where to get those developed or regular film. At least in my area they still offer these services at Walgreen's, Walmart, and CVS.

TheFugitive

Enjoy it while you can, Ameskid.  Film and related materials (darkroom chemicals, printing paper)
are becoming harder and harder to find.  Kodak has pretty much exited the business.  Most of
what is still available is being produced in Eastern Europe.  Sooner or later that will come to an
end too, I suspect.

My love of photography is what got me sucked into retail.  In college I held a summer job working for a friend of mine who had a landscaping and lawn service company.  He won a contract to maintain the model homes for a big developer.  Made lots of money over two summers with him.  The following year he was underbid and lost the contract.

I had to find another job so I applied at David Weis Catalog Showroom in the Parkway Center Mall,
near where I was living in Pittsburgh.  The manager hired me because I had an in-depth knowledge of cameras.  So he put me in the photo and electronics department (where I personally sold over 300 VHS machines during the 1985 Christmas season).  With cameras I found myself spending more time trying to explain depth-of-field to people than actually closing the sale.

When I graduated from college Pittsburgh was in another one of its 20 yr. down cycles where there were
no jobs here.  And my resume was pretty much all retail.  So Ames hired me and shipped me out to Northwest Ohio, where I was off on my decade-plus retail management odyssey.

After two stops in Michigan and one back in Ohio, I ended up back in Pittsburgh, this time with a family in tow.  Where my retail career ended in the 'hood, just one step ahead of the busted shoplifters and terminated employees looking for revenge.

MikeRa

I use mostly my Samsung SPH-M390 cellphone as my main camera.  on occasions, I will use my Kodak Easyshare CD33 digital camera that I've had for 11 years now.
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"