Main Menu

Macy's

Started by Caldor99, January 06, 2005, 11:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
the vacant macy's in warwick ri as of september 7, 2006. it was 309,000 square feet and moved to the filene's that was 129,000 sq.ft. smaller. the macy;s was a jordan marsh that opened in 1970 and look at the archetecture.

vacant warwick one. it was in the warwick mall also and I wonder what they will do with this huge space.

vacant warwick

d_fife

the vacant macy's in warwick ri as of september 7, 2006. it was 309,000 square feet and moved to the filene's that was 129,000 sq.ft. smaller. the macy;s was a jordan marsh that opened in 1970 and look at the archetecture.

vacant warwick one. it was in the warwick mall also and I wonder what they will do with this huge space.

vacant warwick

vacant warwick

d_fife

vacant warwick

vacant warwick

vacant warwick

XISMZERO

Here's the vacant Macy's at Pheasant Lane Mall in Nashua, N.H. today.

This store looks a lot like the Macy's at Crystal Mall in Waterford, CT which opened the same year and were both Jordan Marsh.

Taken on January 26, 2008.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Here's the Macy's at Crystal Mall in Waterford, CT. This was taken last January 2007. The company kept this former Jordan Marsh open.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

MikeRa

QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy
Heres the Macy's in Oxford Valley Mall in Oxford Valley Pa.

http://www.ameri-val.com/major.html
This Macy's opened in 1973 as Bamberger's
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

XISMZERO

An old-school 1973 "MACY*S" with all-caps logo at Westfield Sunrise (Mall) in Massapequa, NY (Long Island). Taken 6-28-2008.

The Westfield South Shore Mall has the same old looking one.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

MikeRa

Here is a picture of a Macy's in Bensalem, PA.  This location opened in 1968 as Strawbridge & Clothier.

Mobil

At Springfield Mall in Springfield, PA I saw a Sears "caution wet floor" sign at the entrance. This mall has never had a Sears of any kind. :huh::huh::huh:

MikeRa

QuoteOriginally posted by Mobil
At Springfield Mall in Springfield, PA I saw a Sears "caution wet floor" sign at the entrance. This mall has never had a Sears of any kind. :huh::huh::huh:
Someone probally took that Sears "caution" sign from nearby Granite Run Mall.:goodidea:

Mobil

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeRa
Someone probally took that Sears "caution" sign from nearby Granite Run Mall.:goodidea:

I FORGOT TO ADD that this was at the MACY'S at the Springfield Mall.

Mobil

This is odd--some Macy's have a bar!!

MikeRa

This is odd--some Macy's have a bar!!
The only Macy's that I know of that has a bar/restaurant in it is at the original Macy's store in NYC.:duh:

jmcnamara96

jmcnamara96

i think in every mall macys took filenes or other stores and most malls are stuck with a empty store that in this day in age will be be hard to fill there is not that many big mall like department stores around any more and they already have usally sears target jc penny macys so

ameskmart1

Karcher Mall at Nampa, ID (store moved to new location in October) previously The Bon Marche 1973-2005
Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

Marc82

No injuries or damage during fire at Macy's famous Herald Square Store in NYC.

http://www.wfsb.com/money/22021121/detail.html

TRU7536

Old School Macys in Flushing Queens, NY

Caldor1999

Quote from: TRU7536 on February 27, 2010, 12:38:09 PM

this is the one next to the caldor i believe it was something else at one time
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

TRU7536

Quote from: Caldor1999 on February 28, 2010, 01:21:04 AM
Quote from: TRU7536 on February 27, 2010, 12:38:09 PM

this is the one next to the caldor i believe it was something else at one time

Yeah, it is next to Caldor. I think it may have been a Sterns.

beachbum2704

Macy's Flooded ( Pic taken 3-31-10)

MikeRa

Quote from: EddieJ1984 on March 03, 2010, 03:22:15 AM
Heres a picture of the Macy's from Plymouth Meetings mall in PA
I just love tho the label scar...as it looks like it says Strawbridge & Macy's lol (It obviously was a strawbridge's)

Here is a pic of the Macy's (former Strawbridge & Clothier) at Neshaminy Mall, Bensalem, PA.  The "Strawbridge & Clothier" name was located in the center of the building, with the "Macy's" sing at the point where the "&" was located at.

david121

I live in the DC area, but I live and spend most of my time in Virginia, as mentioned before. I can count almost all of the Macy's: Too many, with one mall having two, and all of the malls that have them...are about next to another mall

Landmark Mall (one was a Hechs, right down I-395)
Springfield Mall (right off of I-95/near I-395)
Pentagon City (right down I-395)
Tyson Galleria (Right next to Tysons Corner Center)
Tyson Corners Center (right next to Tysons Galleria)
Dulles Town Center (about 15-20 miles/minutes from Tysons)
Fair Oaks Mall (this mall has TWO, one was a Hechs and is still open because of leasing, both stores are differing quality, near Tysons)
Ballston Common Mall (Mall isn't a "dead" mall, but should be considered one, IMO)

I may be missing one or two in Arlington, but this is all within 30 miles.

retailisking

retailisking

After significantly downsizing, Macy's is giving up on its St. Louis store, the longtimeflagship of Famous-Barr. Macy's announced closures of downtown stores in other cities in January.
http://www.stltoday.com/business/columns/building-blocks/macy-s-to-close-downtown-st-louis-store/article_a98b2c16-508a-5167-bed2-0b279c249039.html

ynkeesfn82

Macy's becomes the latest retail chain to open on Thanksgiving. They will open at 8PM.

ynkeesfn82

Closing 5 stores this year, opening 8 new stores. 2000+ layoffs.

http://www.wggb.com/2014/01/08/macys-to-lay-off-over-2k-workers/

Stork of The Weak

Check out this logo for the California division of May that was used in the 90's: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b1/May_Company_California_%28logo%29.png

Notice the obvious similarity to the Macy's logo? It wasn't until 2006 that Macy's bought May, eliminating a ton of competition, so what was May doing with this logo? Or is it at all possible that May had it before Macy's? What's really strange is that Macy's has had a presence in California (in San Francisco anyway) since 1947, but perhaps Macy's stayed out of Southern California and May stayed out of Northern California before the merger? Might a merger have been proposed during the 80's or 90's sometime that was perhaps shot down by the FTC, leading to the companies sharing this logo?

Hudsons81

It's official...the Macy's at Michigan's first mall, Northland Center in Southfield, is targeted for closure. The mall is already about to loose Target. This Macy's originally opened with the mall in 1954 as Hudson's and became Marshall Field's in 2001 and Macy's in 2006.

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/20150107/BLOG014/150109908/macys-plans-to-close-northland-center-store-says-southfields-acting

HannafordHearts

Macy's is closing in the Rotterdam Square Mall in Schenectady, NY as well. This doesn't mean a good thing for that mall, which is already starting to inch close to death.