Little Caesar's

Started by dmx10101, September 01, 2006, 02:36:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmx10101

I miss them they are still around but with not near as many locations as they used to have. LittleCaesars.com to find locations. Anyways I always used to go to the Little Caesars in the Kmart when I was younger with my parents. That Kmart closed about 10 years ago but it was a cool Kmart, it had really high Sams Club ceilings with the big warehouse lights too. I was big and open. I miss it. Kmarts hardly have little caesars anymore.
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

Ameskid

Yeah, mine is hidden in a stockroom in the back. I found out that if you go back near the bathrooms, open the left grey door a tad, and look up diagonally to the left, you can still see the Little Caesar's sign!:P:P:P
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

dmx10101

lol, thats interesting... I guess they are keeping it for memories.
Retail World on Youtube
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

Ameskid

No, actually I think they're just too lazy... they built a wall in front of the LC's after it closed, but didn't go to the trouble to take the non-visible-to-the-public sign down. You know Kmart....When that store goes up to that big warehouse in the sky, and that sign is a-sittin' in the rubble, I'll be there for it!
Just like I swore to get the fallout shelter sign on the ol' YMCA...next time I pass there, there is no YMCA. Where Is the YMCA?!?!
Sorry if I got off topic.

Zayre88

The first and last time i've had a Little Caesar's pizza was at the now closed Kmart in Scarborough, Maine.  This was probably more than 10 years ago since the store closed in december 1995.

Pizza Station sign at Kmart in Bangor.

Marc82

I looked at their website and found there's only one Little Ceasers in Connecticut and that's inside the Southbury Big Kmart. Surprised they're still in Big KMART since most KMARTS went to the K Cafe.

FearlessSwan

Little Caesars Largo, FL. I worked at this one for two years. I had no idea there was such a thing as freestanding Little Caesars until I moved to this area. Previously the only ones I had seen were inside Kmart.

There are also the remains of a former Little Caesars in the Largo K-Mart, yet strangely enough no labelscar on the outside of the store.

C. Fontaine

I agree last time I was to a Little Caesars was in Kmart in Webster, MA, before it became the Krapmart Snack Bar, and has possible the worst food on earth.  I used to go there for the crazy bread after school!

I've heard their single stores specialize in making plain and roni pizza's around the clock so you can just walk in an purchase one without having to wait.

FearlessSwan

QuoteI've heard their single stores specialize in making plain and roni pizza's around the clock so you can just walk in an purchase one without having to wait.

Yes. They've moved away from the old-style call in and order type of pizza place to become more of a fast-food style restaurant.  They gave up delivery service years ago.

FearlessSwan

FearlessSwan

Closed Little Caesars at Detroit's Tiger Stadium

rjstheiv

This little Caesers Pizza has not been open since about 2001. It sat empty for 5 years and it is now a used car store. It is still the same building, they just did some major renovating.

This pic is from about 1997.

Taken from (http://www2.county.allegheny.pa.us/RealEstate/Search.aspx)

TRU7536

Theirs one in Wethersfield that probaly just opened! Its in the shopping plaza where Stop and Shop is on Maple ave. I had to go to the atm last night and I looked at it 3 times bc I couldn't believe it!

dmx10101

They just opened a little caesars a couple months ago about a mile up the road from me. I get ads in the mail all the time for it.
Retail World on Youtube
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

Crawford

Only Little Caeser's that is local to me is inside the Kmart in South Attleborough. Food is ok, but the place always looks less than clean, odd since the Kmart itself is immaculate. There was a free standing Little Caeser's a few miles up the road but I am unsure when it closed and became different take out pizza place.
"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor

jmcnamara96

there use to be one in the lounderry nh KMART tho ceasers  closed in late 90s early 2000s

rjstheiv

Here is the former Little Caesers pizza in Carrick PA. It is now a used car daelership. It is still the same building.

rjstheiv

The former little caesers pizza in the shopping center on lebanon church road. it is the third store over to the right.

patk

a new little caesars just opened nere me :yup:
an ad just came in the mail :insane:

nims57

I lived right near one long ago, but the plaza is dead now. The other ones were inside Kmart. Ironically, the only Kmarts I knew of that never closed theirs ended up closing the whole store.

Ameskid

QuoteOriginally posted by FearlessSwan
Print ad. I get these in the mail all the time.

LOL, as opposed to "Cold 'N Baking"?

TenPoundHammer

Little Caesars seems to be on the upswing. About 10-15 years ago they were dropping like flies, but they've maintained a very solid presence in Michigan, and new locations seem to be cropping up everywhere.

I really like the flavor of LC pizza in general. The toppings aren't very generous, but it balances out very well. A Little Caesars in a Kmart just isn't the same thing at all.

kendra

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
The first and last time i've had a Little Caesar's pizza was at the now closed Kmart in Scarborough, Maine.  This was probably more than 10 years ago since the store closed in december 1995.

Pizza Station sign at Kmart in Bangor.

Sometimes I get amazing pizzas at this location, and sometimes they're absolute crap -- it doesn't help that they seemingly never have the same employee twice when I go! :D

The price is right, though -- $5 for the large pizza, which is not a HUGE large by any means, but certainly three or more meals' worth for me.

I don't know of any other LC locations remaining in the area -- there used to be one across the river in Brewer but that closed ages ago, in the early 90s maybe?

wwefan101

XDeSuEhTX

Little Caesar's is pretty good. They took the one in Kmart out a few years ago. We have one left now.

Funny story about it, it used to be in an very small old KFC location, which was recentley torn down to build their modern stucture. KFC had moved right up the street into a former Burger Boy location. Which as of last year, also was torn down to build a modern KFC stucture.
"Ancient malls, overgrown like Roman ruins without the class, our generation will be remembered for our greatest works, our trinkets at Spencer Gifts"

TRJ22487

The Little Caesars in Rutland Vermont, which is the only one remaining anywhere near this area that I am aware of, has a drive-thru window. Is this common?

jmcnamara96

I havent seen one since the one in the Kmart in lounderry NH closed it

webcookie

Sad to report that the Little Caesars in the K-Mart in Matamoras, PA has closed. :(
Before there was Wal-Mart...
Caldor, Zayre, Woolworth, Bradlees, K-Mart, & Ames ruled the Earth.

patk

QuoteOriginally posted by patk
the $re says that more new little caesars are HEADING this way :insane:
well another one just opend on 10/9

jmcnamara96

One just opened in nashua i cant wait to go