AMESFANCLUB
January 20, 2018, 12:33:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold Circle  (Read 2150 times)
dstrohmeng
« on: February 04, 2005, 07:18:37 PM »

Discuss!
76&AmesfanmanBBTB
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 03:52:52 PM »

Originally posted by dstrohmeng
Discuss!

SHOW THEIR LOGO!!!:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

I DON'T know what it looks like
Ameskid
Ames 4 Lyfer!

Hi!

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 02:32:15 PM »

I have some Gold Circle crayons. Their logo is Gold, then a G inside a C, then Circle. Based in Cleveland, Ohio.

Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/
ameskmart1
Ames-Elite!

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 07:24:21 PM »

Gold Circle logo

Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft
beachgal26
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 01:59:21 AM »

I loved Gold Circle!  It was well-maintained and had a great variety of stuff and some really good sales.  I didn't think much at the time that it closed since the shopping center was going through a renovation and had no idea that the chain was going out of business.

Does anyone have any info on when this chain folded or any links where I can find out more info?

:( :( :hurt: :hurt: :( :( :( :( :( :(
ameskmart1
Ames-Elite!

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 02:57:53 AM »

Originally posted by beachgal26
I loved Gold Circle!  It was well-maintained and had a great variety of stuff and some really good sales.  I didn't think much at the time that it closed since the shopping center was going through a renovation and had no idea that the chain was going out of business.

Does anyone have any info on when this chain folded or any links where I can find out more info?

:( :( :hurt: :hurt: :( :( :( :( :( :(

This website has some info about Gold Circle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_Circle

Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft
Ameskid
Ames 4 Lyfer!

Hi!

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 07:31:39 AM »

I found a Gold Circle basket being used to hold tapes at my Salvation Army. Nothing special, just a red basket with "GOLD CIRCLE" on it.

Ames#1171
Level 2 Kinda-Amesy!

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2006, 08:49:25 AM »

My aunt worked for Gold Circle for a long time, then it closed and became a Hills, and later became the Ames that I worked at.  We both left before the store went out of business for good though.  So she worked for three different stores in the same building.

Ames#1171
Level 2 Kinda-Amesy!

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 02:47:13 PM »

I remember GC well.  My aunt worked there, and the Ames that I worked at was a GC, then Hills, and then Ames.

Gold Circle

NJxxJon
Administrator
Ames 4 Lyfer!

ME. TEXT AWAY.

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 05:55:35 PM »

Ok First Name you cant tell me...............USE F ING WIKIPEDIA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_Circle

Then goto the box on the side and type stuff in STOP ASKING PEOPLE.

______
________

Hi!

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 02:17:34 PM »

Was browsing the Gold Circle page on Wikipedia and came across this location in Columbus, OH. Note the sign in the window - "Hills: Coming Soon".

jason83080

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2017, 12:58:48 AM »

All I remember from Gold Circle is that they had the buildings with the very tall front entrances and the shingled roofs, and that a majority of them became Hills stores. The one by Parmatown Mall - after it was a GC or, maybe, after it was Hills and closed for some reason - was next to a Finast, which TOOK OVER its store and built a colossal store inside, with a very futuristic-looking-at-the-time exterior. All I vaguely remember about that store was the tall glass entrance and, I think, "Finast super store" being written in white against a painted black facade.

The one in Middleburg Heights that became a Hills also seemed very tall, and I remember two things: the Stop-n-Style hair salon in the front, and the fact that the toy section in the back was behind a wall that separated it from whatever section was next to it.

If that was the Gold Circle way, then the one in Elyria, OH, became a Kmart store that was stuck in the 1970s (so, it closed early in its run as a GC?) with the brown and orange signage and the tiny cafe in the front.

So many memories that I forgot I had...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: