Grand Union Carts

Started by amesman, August 24, 2006, 07:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amesman

Here's a Grand Union cart I found at the Latham Salvation Army. I have one of the cart straps in my possesion now ;)

gu4ever

That shopping cart is in great shape Amesman awesome find!! The graphic on the handle and seat are usually the first thing to wear away on the cart. I found several red carts almost brand new at the currently open Rutland, VT store.
There is a lot in store for you where clean, fresh and good make a GRAND UNION.

Retail Regents

Those would have been newer by Grand Union standards. They're from the late 1990s.

BillyGr

Don't have a photo at the moment, but the Ocean State in Valatie NY (which, of course is a former Grand Union) still has some of the green GU carts they use (these are the larger flatter style, and likely about the last ones for the chain as this store was replaced later in the 1990's).

Retail Regents

Quote from: BillyGr on May 15, 2019, 09:09:18 PM
Don't have a photo at the moment, but the Ocean State in Valatie NY (which, of course is a former Grand Union) still has some of the green GU carts they use (these are the larger flatter style, and likely about the last ones for the chain as this store was replaced later in the 1990's).

I do have a picture of one an employee left out on the sales floor with the original handle insert having a yellow Grand Union logo. Manufactured by Tote Cart, model 1234W, dated 3-95.

Retail Regents

Here's one of the Tannersville location's Technibilt carts, of course Tops'd up! Only found the numbers 4 and 00 underneath the cart.