Tower Records

Started by store215, August 21, 2006, 07:13:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

store215

I was sure there was a topic set up, but I couldnt find it. Anyway they are filing for bankruptcy and they will most likely not pull out, seeing how all the major record companies have stopped sending them new stuff.

d_fife

I LOVED THAT STORE. IT HAS GOOD STUFF> DO NOT LET IT CLOSE DO NOT LET IT CLOSE DO NOT LET IT CLOSE DO NOT LET IT CLOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here is the one in burlington mass

store215

It's gone folks.

Saturday, October 7, 2006

Tower Records shutting down
Two Seattle stores to close after judge OKs liquidation

By DAN RICHMAN
P-I REPORTER

Tower Records, a venerable but bankrupt chain of more than 90 U.S. music stores, including two in Seattle, is going out of business after its sale Friday to a new owner.

A federal bankruptcy judge approved the sale of the Sacramento, Calif.-based company at auction for $134.3 million to Great American Group, a Los Angeles liquidation firm.

Peter Gurfein, a lawyer representing the 46-year-old chain, said it will be sold for a total of $150 million, including the sale of various leases and properties. Gurfein said Great America plans to begin the liquidation and going-out-of-business sales today.

ameskmart1

Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

videogamer75

I liked tower records. the one in Philadelphia on south street (the one I'm familiar with) is now a Walgreens. What is up with all the music store chains closing/going through financial troubles???

NJxxJon

QuoteOriginally posted by videogamer75
I liked tower records. the one in Philadelphia on south street (the one I'm familiar with) is now a Walgreens. What is up with all the music store chains closing/going through financial troubles???

M P 3.
JN

videogamer75

^ Oh yeah....that does sound about right....

Caldor1999

this sould be moved to the closed chains thred
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

EddieJ1984

The Tower Records near me, has only been a Spirt Halloween & Christmas when the time comes.
Heres a pic of it

Interstingly tho, inside to go downstairs (the main floor) the Tower Records neon sign is still intact and up!

nims57

Is that in Bala Cynwyd?

EddieJ1984

No, it's the one in Northeast Philly, near Welsh Rd & The Roosevelt Boulevard.

MikeRa

QuoteOriginally posted by EddieJ1984
No, it's the one in Northeast Philly, near Welsh Rd & The Roosevelt Boulevard.
In a part of what used to be a E. J. Korvette Department Store that closed when the entire Korvettes chain closed in 1979/1980.
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"