Steve and Barry's

Started by d_fife, August 18, 2006, 02:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzz86us

I miss steve and barry's they were the one store that I could go to with $50 and come out with more than one pair of jeans...

bubcolbert1952

Quote from: MikeRa on June 28, 2013, 01:31:51 AM
Quote from: EddieJ1984 on February 27, 2009, 11:27:37 PM
(2)
Philadelphia, PA (Franklin Mills Mall): Opened 2006 in former Boscov's Outlet (which was a ports of the world before that) Closed: January 10th, 2009 now vacant.
The Ports Of The World/Boscov's/Steve & Barry's location will be a Walmart.

Yes, which probably will lead to the demise of the last Kmarts and last Sears in Northeast Philly.

ynkeesfn82

I liked Steve & Barry's. My father (may he rest in peace) bought a really cool looking jacket there. I don't know what my Mom did with it after he passed away. All I know is it didn't fit me.

I once had a friend who like Steve & Barry's because of the hundreds of novelty T-shirts they sold.

zonemad96

I used to always get Steve & Barry's t-shirts and cargo pants, it was practically the only place I brought clothes until they went out of business. I remember my father trying on a pair of my cargo shorts I brought from their and complaining about how they felt like they were made from trash-bags. Now that I think about it they did feel like they were made from trash bags and ripped like it too but they were some of the comfiest damn trash bags I ever wore.

buzz86us

Quote from: zonemad96 on February 04, 2014, 05:26:26 AM
I used to always get Steve & Barry's t-shirts and cargo pants, it was practically the only place I brought clothes until they went out of business. I remember my father trying on a pair of my cargo shorts I brought from their and complaining about how they felt like they were made from trash-bags. Now that I think about it they did feel like they were made from trash bags and ripped like it too but they were some of the comfiest damn trash bags I ever wore.
I liked their denim I still have several pairs of the Marbury shorts.