Texas Roadhouse

Started by d_fife, August 08, 2006, 08:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

lest talk about this chain: texas roadhouse

this is the one in hartford ct near charter oak marketplace (wal-mart, marshalls)

d_fife

Marc82

I believe they were supposed to open one in the old Friday's in Southington, but they changed there mind a few months after they announced the plans. A local chain called Wood N Tap moved in there instead.

HoJofan206

C. Fontaine

Theres one of these here in Cranston, RI, and its definitely a uniqur experience.  They have giant barrels and buckets of peanuts, which are also littered throughout the restaurant.  They even encourage making a mess of them!  The staff is enormous, like an employee per every 2 people!  They even square dance every fifteen minutes!  The atmosphere very country/honky tonk.

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by C. Fontaine
Theres one of these here in Cranston, RI, and its definitely a uniqur experience.  They have giant barrels and buckets of peanuts, which are also littered throughout the restaurant.  They even encourage making a mess of them!  The staff is enormous, like an employee per every 2 people!  They even square dance every fifteen minutes!  The atmosphere very country/honky tonk.

Totally agree!  They're opening in Portsmouth NH in august i think.  It will fill the void left by the closing of Smokey Bones and Uno's.

C. Fontaine

Next time you're at Texas Roadhouse, don't send your food back!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,333848,00.html

Rayco7030

one in springfield mass

in front of the 5 town plaza

cooley st
Ames,King's,Mars,Two-Guys,Bradlees,
Caldor,Steigers,Wt Grant,Zayre,Woolco,
Woolworth,Sears,K-Mart,JC Penny,Target,
Wal-Mart,Child World,Pondersoa,Shop Rite
,Big Y,Winn-Dixie.Syop And Shop,Toys R Us
,Arby's,Howard Johnson's,Holiday Inn
,Sheraton Inn,Double D Dairy Bar,
Friendly's,Dunkin Dounuts,Wendy's,
Burger King.MCdonald's

store215

I was at one a few weeks ago here in PA...quite a neat place, and not overly expensive either.

RogerAnthony

The one in Hartford closed down last month.

Zayre88

The newly opened Texas Roadhouse at the Turnpike Mall in Augusta ME.

jmcnamara96

zayre thats a nice picture

GothicPrincess

We have one of those in Greensburg, PA. I've been there once. I enjoyed it immensely, the only thing that scared me was the birthday clapping annoying thing they do. I threatened many people that if I was to go there for my birthday, if they had the staff do that, I would break their arms (my friends not the staff). Food is good, rather TALL beers, and I don't drink it anymore, good prices. No complaints from my end.
Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!

gu4ever

QuoteOriginally posted by GothicPrincess
We have one of those in Greensburg, PA. I've been there once. I enjoyed it immensely, the only thing that scared me was the birthday clapping annoying thing they do. I threatened many people that if I was to go there for my birthday, if they had the staff do that, I would break their arms (my friends not the staff). Food is good, rather TALL beers, and I don't drink it anymore, good prices. No complaints from my end.
Did they have peanut shells on the floor? The location in Metheun, MA had tons of shells everywhere!! It was a riot. The texas servers also did line dancing every 1/2 hour for a few minutes. It was a hee haw time!!!
There is a lot in store for you where clean, fresh and good make a GRAND UNION.

GothicPrincess

QuoteOriginally posted by gu4ever
QuoteOriginally posted by GothicPrincess
Did they have peanut shells on the floor? The location in Metheun, MA had tons of shells everywhere!! It was a riot. The texas servers also did line dancing every 1/2 hour for a few minutes. It was a hee haw time!!!

Actually....YES!!! hahahaha
Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!

ameskmart1

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc82
The one in Indianapolis burned down.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/22116778/detail.html

Just last Friday our location in Meridian, ID caught on fire but reopened Monday
http://www.idahostatesman.com/localnews/story/1028844.html
Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

david121

When I go back home to Watertown, NY, I'll try and take a pic. The closest one to me is like 40 miles away!

ynkeesfn82

Texas Roadhouse is opening in May in Waterbury, Connecticut. It will be at 330 Reidville Drive next to BJ's Wholesale Club.

MikeRa

Quote from: GothicPrincess on December 30, 2009, 10:38:15 AM
There is one in Bensalem, PA.
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

TheFugitive

Quote from: gu4ever on December 30, 2009, 02:35:27 PM

Did they have peanut shells on the floor? The location in Metheun, MA had tons of shells everywhere!!

Do they still do this?  I don't go there because my wife suffers from a severe peanut allergy.
We went to the grand opening of one nearby, and she began breaking out in hives almost
immediately due to all of the shells and peanut dust floating around.  Have never gone back.

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: TheFugitive on March 20, 2014, 08:22:57 AM
Do they still do this?  I don't go there because my wife suffers from a severe peanut allergy.
We went to the grand opening of one nearby, and she began breaking out in hives almost
immediately due to all of the shells and peanut dust floating around.  Have never gone back.

Yes they still do it. A former boss of mine went to one in Louisiana last summer and was complained about it because she was wearing flip-flops. Of course if you want my opinion you shouldn't wear flip-flop anywhere except the beach or your own backyard pool.

MikeRa

I was at the Bensalem, PA location this past Monday, and that location puts 2 buckets out for the peanuts, 1 for the peanut shells, and the other with the unopened peanuts

"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

Bdubs

There is a new construction Texas Roadhouse slated to open in September. In New London along I95.
The ironic part is, they are putting this in the middle of a parking lot right next to an empty Pizza Hut, and across the way is an Empty Chuck E. Cheese. Next to that is a building they demolished which has sat empty for20 years. Unknown to me why they couldn't make use of any of these abandoned properties.