,Big Y,Winn-Dixie.Syop And Shop,Toys R Us
,Arby's,Howard Johnson's,Holiday Inn
,Sheraton Inn,Double D Dairy Bar,
Friendly's,Dunkin Dounuts,Wendy's,
Burger King.MCdonald's

Zayre88

One of the latest Zayre slogan...

df559

OMG! Somewhere I have a Zayre bag like that one! I should have wrestled my aunt's Zayer charge card from her when they closed, lol. I remember her saying she didn't need an Ames charge since they still took her Zayre charge at Ames...

HoJofan206

Was Zayre the department store and Zayre's the jewelry store affilliated?  To my knowledge neither company are in business at all now.

Caldor1999

heas a runed down Zayer this one i bet did not become ames
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Zayre88

The Augusta Zayre brought back to life  !!

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
The Augusta Zayre brought back to life  !!

How'd you do that?:o

Zayre88

Again at the Waterville store.  I had this picture of a Zayre store and i took the logo there.  I adjusted the angle to fit the roof line.  Then i paste the logo on the store and remove the Ames logo.  

I even added an old style lamp post on this one to fit the Zayre era...

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

BTW how did the name Zayre become the stores name WAS THE FOUNDER's name Zayre?:question:

storehistoryguy

storehistoryguy

storehistoryguy

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy
Another.

:insane:hahaha its misinge the E Ames must have clsoed this in 1988 along with 74 outher Zayers
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by 76&AmesfanmanBBTB
QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
heas a runed down Zayer this one i bet did not become ames

yeah and I bet it got demolished a long time ago too!

way before I was born anyway!:insane:

that pic is from 1988 1989 it ws one of the Zayers that didnot becaome ames i bet it stayed vacant for awile who knows what it is now
Caldor Forever!

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by 76BraldorZayKamesfanBBTB
QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy
Another.

ZAYR LOL what happened to the E?

I'm not sure. I don't even know where it was.

Caldor1999

a 1982 Zayer fashion show just to let u guys know aames keped some Zayer stores open till 1990 but the true zayer name was changed in 1988 so there cllosings were inbetwwn  1988 and 1990
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

Ames303

Hello there.  I think you'd all like to see the logo I use for my home business.

storehistoryguy

Zayre88

The now demolished Ames in Portland, Maine, back to it's original Zayre style !

theoldames

While getting some stuff out of my storage shed, I found these two gems!! I loved Zayre!!:dizzy:

Zayre88

The boarded up Zayre Auto Center at the Lewiston Maine store.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
The boarded up Zayre Auto Center at the Lewiston Maine store.

sometimes i think that the carmel ames was a zayer just because of the auto center

but from what i heard it was a kings can anyone find out what was qrgale there
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

hears teh inside of the auto center
Caldor Forever!

d_fife

and hears teh outside of teh ames im still trying to guss what fomer store it qwas i wouldet wanna say kinggs i would wanans ay zayer because of the auto center

It was never a zayre. the store number for the ames is in tje 700s.

BillyGr

and hears teh outside of teh ames im still trying to guss what fomer store it qwas i wouldet wanna say kinggs i would wanans ay zayer because of the auto center

The Hudson store (Which started as a Barkers then became Kings then Ames) also had (still has, actually) an auto center area - not sure if Barkers used it at one point or when, when Kings was there it wasn't used but for storage, after Ames took over it was still empty for a while then was leased out to a local person to run.

Perhaps the Carmel one was the same (maybe
Barkers->Kings->Ames)??

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by BillyGr

The Hudson store (Which started as a Barkers then became Kings then Ames) also had (still has, actually) an auto center area - not sure if Barkers used it at one point or when, when Kings was there it wasn't used but for storage, after Ames took over it was still empty for a while then was leased out to a local person to run.

Perhaps the Carmel one was the same (maybe
Barkers->Kings->Ames)??

hymm idk if barkers had auto centers but if it did then i would say it was a barkers that got a rentvation or m,aby it was always a ames that just happend to have a auto center in it
Caldor Forever!