Main Menu

Zayre

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retailfan

Hey everyone  while cleaning out some junk recently i found 2 price stickers from the old Zayre chain
Ill scan them in soon  also a package of yarn with the lables and stickers still on
the stickers are small but hopefully i can get them to show up
it was dept 75  $1.59  not sure what it went too most likley Christmas  deco  but not sure  both were dept 75

XISMZERO

Here's a Zayre price sticker found at my grandmother's house. I'm sure this is from sometime in the 1980's.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

df559

I thought anonymous posting was turned off for this reason...

C. Fontaine

It is...  I don't know why it is still working...

It should be all set.  It had something to do with the quick reply box...  Sorry Caldor1999!

amesman

this is confusing me too. I don't know why anonymous posting is still coming through, even though we turned it off. I even posted a new rule about registering if you want to post.

C. Fontaine

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by C. Fontaine
It is...  I don't know why it is still working...

It should be all set.  It had something to do with the quick reply box...  Sorry Caldor1999!

thanks for takeing care of that i did see what the person sed but i really dont care so i dident even bother to comment
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

d_fife

here is the former zayre in pittsfield mass that I beleive opened 1960 on dalton ave not far from the old bradlees, kmart area in pittsfield. IT closed JAnuary 1989 when Ames closed 74 stores (including ones in South carolina) and this one and those 73 others never saw its chance in becoming Ames.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
here is the former zayre in pittsfield mass that I beleive opened 1960 on dalton ave not far from the old bradlees, kmart area in pittsfield. IT closed JAnuary 1989 when Ames closed 74 stores (including ones in South carolina) and this one and those 73 others never saw its chance in becoming Ames.

more of the zaytre in pittsfield and

read this article of Zayre http://natickmass.info/zayre.htm

it mentions the first 12 that opened from 1956 to 1960 and I know the one in hyannis closed in December 30, 1982 and the one in hyannis was the first one.

d_fife

more of the zaytre in pittsfield and

read this article of Zayre http://natickmass.info/zayre.htm

it mentions the first 12 that opened from 1956 to 1960 and I know the one in hyannis closed in December 30, 1982 and the one in hyannis was the first one.
here is the sign of hte plaza. that is a typical zayre plaza sign I guess.

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
The Waterville Ames back to Zayre

d_fife

here is the former madawaska store!!!!!!!! it opened 1972. ames closed it in 1996. the northern most zayre. it was probably 44,000 sq .ft.

Zayre88

here is the former madawaska store!!!!!!!! it opened 1972. ames closed it in 1996. the northern most zayre. it was probably 44,000 sq .ft.

Amazing!!  I didn't knew there could be an original Zayre building like that still standing.  It appears to be like the Saco store.

Amesdepartmentstores

here is another former zayre ames:saint::rolleyes:

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by Amesdepartmentstores
here is another former zayre ames:saint::rolleyes:

where is this former Ames?

d_fife

here is a what used to be a zayre and notice The exit sign having the zayre symbol. this is in brockport ny (20 minutes west of rochester).

d_fife

here is a what used to be a zayre and notice The exit sign having the zayre symbol. this is in brockport ny (20 minutes west of rochester).

here is what is now zayre in brockport ny. it closed because an ames was down the road back in early 1990.

Amesdepartmentstores

here is a zayre ames in presque isle maine:saint::barf::bum:

Amesdepartmentstores

here is the sign:rolleyes:

Amesdepartmentstores

here is another pic

d_fife

remains of the structure of the presque isle one and it was one of the 13 stores. and 50,000 sq.ft.

storehistoryguy

Zayre saw Ames digest its acquisition of 42 King's stores and open eight new units in 1983. In 1984, Ames will open 12 and remodel 24 stores. Much of this activity is in existing Zayre markets.

powersbt

I think there were quite a few in New York. I went to the one Many times in New Hartford, NY. Many of the Store Fixtures remained there through much of the Ames Years.

QuoteOriginally posted by KyleRF
Were there any Zayre's in New York or New Jersey?

Caldor1999

ddi they have any locatiosn in westchster county btw???
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by Amesdepartmentstores
here is the ames in new`hampshire at night a foemer zayre:rolleyes::rolleyes::bounce::bounce:

it was remodeled adn the zayre was britts department store and it had an arcade that I remember that closed in 1989.

dave

Does anyone know where a Zayre Gas station may have been located?

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by dave
Does anyone know where a Zayre Gas station may have been located?

no

d_fife

sign of where zayre originally was in ellsworth me

d_fife

sign of where zayre originally was in ellsworth me

what is now in ellsworth one and the zayre was 40,000 sq.ft. and closed since ames was up the road in early 1990.

Zayre88

The former Zayre Auto Servicenter in Lewiston ME.  The labelscar of the signage is still there.  It worked when i tried to connect the dots to form the Zayre Auto center logo..!