adams supermarket

Started by d_fife, July 26, 2006, 06:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

I could not find a topic about adams supermarket. here is part of a former Adams in vernon Ct in the Price chopper plaza

d_fife

former adams in new britain CT

Marc82

They still have one on Farmington Ave in New Britain next to Walmart. This Adam's at the New Brite Plaza used to be Edwards. The Adams that was in the Free-Standing building on the propert of the Bristol Centre Mall in Bristol is now Discount Food Outlet.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc82
They still have one on Farmington Ave in New Britain next to Walmart. This Adam's at the New Brite Plaza used to be Edwards. The Adams that was in the Free-Standing building on the propert of the Bristol Centre Mall in Bristol is now Discount Food Outlet.

here is the one in new britain ct near wal-mart

AmesNewington

The old Adams in Downtown New-Britain (now Dollar Dream) is a dangerous area. There is always a chance you can get in trouble with local people here like be harrassed.

BTW, Dollar Dream in that picture is part of the same chain that has the Dollar Dream in West Hartford next to the old Caldor/Ames.

d_fife

XISMZERO

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
former adams in new britain CT

Wow. You took some pictures of that horrific old tin can Dollar Dreams in New Britain. That's another really bad part of town but that building has about five label scars. Originally, that was a Finast supermarket before Edwards took over and then Adams. I actually remember shopping there ages ago.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

JimSawhill

Hmm...

How many Adam's are still around? I just wish Buzzuto's would do something with the name. Home Goods is at Tri-City Plaza? Nice...

JimS

ynkeesfn82

The Adams IGA in Monson, Massachusetts has reopened after nearly four months closed after a tornado damaged it badly in June 2011.

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2011/09/monsons_adams-iga_market_reope.html

Bdubs

There is still an Adams in Chester, CT.  They have recently renovated it.

JimSawhill

Quote from: Bdubs on October 10, 2011, 06:21:09 PM
There is still an Adams in Chester, CT.  They have recently renovated it.

I wish Adams would open up in the old Big Y (if noone did yet) in East Hartford. I guess it is too big for them.

Dream store....Wegman's, shop rite or Hannaford!!

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: JimSawhill on April 19, 2012, 02:44:56 PM

Won't be Shoprite. They just opened in 2010 at 31 Main Street East Hartford (in the former Shaw's) on the Glastonbury townline. 7 or 8 years ago Andy's in East Hartford closed and Shaw's Bulldozed it and built a store on the site. The family that owns the Manchester Shoprite owns it.

JimSawhill

Quote from: Marc B on April 19, 2012, 03:06:38 PM
Quote from: JimSawhill on April 19, 2012, 02:44:56 PM

Won't be Shoprite. They just opened in 2010 at 31 Main Street East Hartford (in the former Shaw's) on the Glastonbury townline. 7 or 8 years ago Andy's in East Hartford closed and Shaw's Bulldozed it and built a store on the site. The family that owns the Manchester Shoprite owns it.

Does it look the same as the Shaw's? i hope they kept some things from Shaw's day... food court?