Main Menu

Hills

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

store215

DISCUSS!

Anonymous

hears a hills in thr distence the loGO has been taking down this was a hills that was no converted into a AMES

tokensafari

can u get a closer pic????

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

amesman

shakethis1234

remember Hills Snack bar

tokensafari

Oh man, now you're talking. Those slushies were great, and who can forget that popcorn smell. It made the store so special.. just the smell alone!

amesman

What happened to the snack bar when Ames moved into the stores. We're they taken out? :huh:

C. Fontaine

I guess Ames didn't believe in eating while you shop.

tokensafari

No..  Ames Kept them. Nothing changed in the stores, except for logo changes. and Employee smocks. Everything else stayed the same. It still had that same ole Hill snack bar smell everytime you walked in!

amesman

store215

Here is a Hills in Camillus, NY that never became an Ames:

This pic is from about two years ago

Caldor1999

o a vacant hills:o:o:ois it still there?
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

shakethis1234

that hills was in Camillus Mall. Ames was near by in Fairmount Fair. Benderson bough Camillus mall and tore it down exect for the Bon Ton store its still open today.

Anonymous

walmart Lowes and other stores are comming to the old Camillus Mall where hills use to be. Benderson will call it Camillus Commons.
I hate strip malls. I like malls because you don't have to walk out in the cold to another store

Anonymous

The people of camillus are fighting to keep Walmart supercenter not going into the old Camillus mall  AKA  Camillus Commons

amesman

Syracuse was very overmalled though. At one time they had about like 10..lol

Now, there's only 3(4 if you count Tri County Mall)

tokensafari

Watch it guys, no name calling!

store215

Lifestyle centers are the "wave of the future".  Isn't it funny how we keep going back and fourth between outdoor centers, malls, then back to outdoor centers again?

(I first saw what a "Lifestyle Center" was in Weston, Florida and I thught it was really neat. It was like a little village with custom shops, delis, bars and grills, services like dry cleaning and offices...even a mini Publix supermarket which blended in with everything. Of course, most of us on here including myself live in the Northeast where this kind of thing isn't that great in the winter)

The biggest reason for the death of malls is the lack of stores to fill them, especially with all these mergers and things.

If you want to respond to this, i created a new thread:
HERE

Caldor1999

hears a hills that was open
Caldor Forever!

Jag67

Here's a former Hills that closed shortly after Ames took over in late 1998. It was never an Ames. The last time I was in this store was in Dec. 1998 or Jan. 1999., just weeks before it closed. my most vivid memory of this store was the little concession cart near the enterance..They actually sold pop IN GLASS. I think Ames may have breifly operated this store for a few months or weeks, but never oficially converted it to an Ames. This one was used for about a year in 2002/2003 as a temporary location for Rosa's Furniture and Electronics while their store was being rebuilt after a fire. It's in an old Strip Mall that's basically dead. All that's left of it is a Tie-Kuon-Do place and something else.

tokensafari

That looks like a small store. What's the sq footage?

Jag67

I'm not quite sure, but it wasn't that bix, I can tell you that. I think it's because it's one of their older stores, problably from the 70's or maybe even the 60's. (BTW, this isn't the whole store. there's a whole other left half, as you probably can tell. I cought it as we were whizzing by in the car.)

Caldor1999

hears a hills add from 1996
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

and anouther one:bounce:
Caldor Forever!

Jag67

Sweet. Hills' logo was very 50's-ish.

Here's our former Hills, which DID become an Ames. Built in 1966. This store closed in 2001:(

amesman

I'm guessing that's the one on Union Road in Cheektowaga, right? Or is it another one?

Jag67

Nope, this one is in the Clarence mall at Main St. and Transit Rd.

BillyGr

Here's the Hills from the Berkshire Mall (This past Week)
This one was converted to Ames, but since the Ames sign was removed you can see part of the old Hills Logo imprint

BillyGr

One more shot, a closer up of the logo area: