Starbucks Coffee

Started by d_fife, June 22, 2006, 11:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

lets talk about starbucks. it is a famous coffe place and it was even featured in austin powers 2. they are based from seattle from what the movie said

here is the starbucks in bangor maine near the bangor mall that was a papa gino's

d_fife

here is the starbuck's in freeport maine

d_fife

d_fife

starbucks in manchester ct outside the toys r us plaza

d_fife

d_fife

starbucks in saco me in the old taco bell

d_fife

in victor ny (15 minutse from rochester)

HoJofan206

Evansville Indiana...there is another location less than a mile down the road from this one.  :huh::huh:

d_fife

starbuck's in richmond heights oh (not far from cleveland)

XISMZERO

Starbuck's opens right in the center of Westfarms Mall in West Hartford/Farmington, CT.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

Marc82

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO
Starbuck's opens right in the center of Westfarms Mall in West Hartford/Farmington, CT.

Why am I not surprised? BTW, did that other coffee company Gloria Jean's, that used to be at all the malls go out of business?

XISMZERO

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc82
Why am I not surprised? BTW, did that other coffee company Gloria Jean's, that used to be at all the malls go out of business?

I said the exact same thing; doesn't surprise me they opened one here. This must've opened less than 2 weeks ago. It fits Westfarms profile very well especially since they've integrated it with the seating area.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

Marc82

Oh and the one inside the Bristol Price Chopper closed down because they weren't doing well. One of my supervisor's at Southington PC works at both stores and she told me that. She said they closed down at least 6 months ago.

FearlessSwan

Largo, FL location. There is also one inside the Albertsons less than a mile away.

dmx10101

Report: Starbucks scaling back music offering
Posted by Greg Sandoval

Turns out what people want from Starbucks is the caffeine jolt and maybe a morning bun. The country's largest coffee chain is giving up on much of its music offering, including the iTunes gift cards.

According to Silicon Alley Insider, Starbucks is planning to do away with its in-store CDs and other music-retail offerings by September.

Starbucks representatives were not immediately available for comment.

Seattle-based Starbucks once fancied itself as an entertainment center where people sipped coffee and grooved to the latest tunes. The company's dreams of branching into music has had a troubled past.

Remember the Hear Music media bars, the in-store CD burning service Starbucks began offering in 2004? That didn't go anywhere either.

Starbucks isn't giving up on music completely. The chain will continue to offer the free Wi-Fi access to Apple's online music store, Silicon Alley reported.

In March, The New York Times reported that each Starbucks store was selling only two CDs a day on average. Starbucks said its music unit was selling more than 4 million CDs a year.
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

Zayre88

Starbucks To Close 600 Stores, Halves 2009 Expansion Plans
July 01, 2008: 04:47 PM EST

Starbucks Corp. (SBUX) said it will close 600 underperforming company-owned stores and further cut its U.S. expansion plans for the fiscal year starting this autumn amid growing economic uncertainty heading into the summer.

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/djf500/200807011647DOWJONESDJONLINE000638_FORTUNE5.htm

XISMZERO

Just heard about this today. Not a bad move to close stores -- but a bad one to over expand beyond means to serve customers. In times like these, people are clearly cutting back on coffee runs and especially those costing 3 and 4 bucks for one drink. I'll keep an eye out around here to see if we're losing any in CT (never seen a vacant Starbucks, have any of you?!).
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

videogamer75

I just found out in the newspaper. that my local starbucks is going to close next month. I don't really care....starbucks has really good food items, but the coffee sucks, Dunkin' Donuts and Wawa are way better.

the starbucks just opened in september 2007.

videogamer75

I don't know. It's rare that a replacement is announced for a closing store right after they close.

Mobil

On FM 1960 in Houston, there are at least five Starbucks within a two-mile radius. These are all the other establishments they have stores in:
Barnes & Noble
Borders
Chapters (bookstores in Canada)
Target
Albertsons (includes their other divisions)
Safeway (includes their other divisions)
Kroger
Stop & Shop
A&P (recently announced)
ShopRite
Bi-Lo
Price Chopper
Farm Fresh
Meijer
Marriott
Radisson
Hyatt
Hilton
even the Christian Life Center in Bensalem, PA!

Marc82

Bristol, Connecticut in Stop & Shop Plaza. Previously a Sbarro's twice. Reportedly this part of the plaza was home to a cheap and sleezey motel in the 70s am early 80s.

TRU7536

Starbucks will open a second location in Newington..one the Berlin Turnpike

Zayre88

I've heard they were opening at the Bedford mall in Bedford NH.

Zayre88

Target Canada has chosen Starbucks as its coffee partner in Canada, and will include the specialty coffee retailer’s outlets at most of its stores.  Up to 135 in 2013.

TRU7536

Starbucks will open its second location in Newington, CT on the Berlin Turnpike.

Zayre88

QuoteStarbucks Canada to open 150 new outlets in biggest expansion ever

Hollie Shaw | Feb 8, 2013 5:57 PM ET | Last Updated: Feb 8, 2013 6:55 PM ET

TORONTO • Thanks in part to Target, Starbucks Canada will be undertaking the biggest expansion effort in its history this year, with plans to open more than 150 new locations across the country.

The subsidiary of Seattle-based Starbucks Corp. will open outlets inside many of the 124 Target locations opening in Canada in 2013 beginning next month â€" but the exact number is still a secret, Starbucks Canada president Annie Young-Scrivner said Friday.

Source: http://business.financialpost.com/2013/02/08/starbucks-canada-to-open-150-new-outlets-in-biggest-expansion-ever

ynkeesfn82

Some woman at a Starbucks in Louisiana was offended when she got a latte with the numbers 666 written in caramel.

http://www.cbs3springfield.com/story/25131329/starbucks-apologizes-after-woman-allegedly-finds-666-in-coffee

It's scary how stupid some people actually are. Just turn it around and it becomes 999.

zonemad96

Quote from: Marc B on April 02, 2014, 09:16:47 AM
Some woman at a Starbucks in Louisiana was offended when she got a latte with the numbers 666 written in caramel.

http://www.cbs3springfield.com/story/25131329/starbucks-apologizes-after-woman-allegedly-finds-666-in-coffee

It's scary how stupid some people actually are. Just turn it around and it becomes 999.

I think her reaction was justified, why would you draw the numbers 666 and a pentagram in someones food if you know their is a chance that they would find it offensive? Not to mention these days you don't know if it's a bored teenager or someone with a serious mental illness who could have tampered with your food.

TheFugitive

Went into a Starbucks the other day with the intention of buying someone a coffee and engaging
in a private conversation with them.

Boy, BIG mistake!

They had the music in that place cranked up to 11.  Even in the outdoor patio
seating area.  And it was really BAD music, too. 

Apparently they have forgotten that this is a major reason why people come to their stores.

ynkeesfn82

I don't drink coffee or tea so I've never been to a Starbucks. The closest I've been is the dining area of Target in Southington, CT. They've got one section where they sell Pizza Hut stuff and other snacks and the other section is an in-store Starbucks.