Gart Sports/Oshman's/Sportsmart

Started by ameskmart1, June 22, 2006, 10:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ameskmart1

Gart Sports, Oshman's and Sportsmart were chains of sporting good store that converted into Sports Authority stores in 2005 and 2006
Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

ameskmart1

Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

ameskmart1

ameskmart1

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by ameskmart1
Gart Sports, Oshman's and Sportsmart were chains of sporting good store that converted into Sports Authority stores in 2005 and 2006

which regions where they located?

store215

I had no idea these other chains converted to Sports Authority....they were all owned by Sports Authority for years now, and basicly the same store with a different banner. I think these other chains were mainly in the Midwest

df559

Sportmart and Sports Authority were located basically across the street from each other here. When they switched them over to Sports Authority, I figured one location would close but that hasn't happened yet.

I was driving past a sign company and the old Sportmart sign was in their lot filled with old signs. I would photograph it, but it's in a very unsafe area of town.