Main Menu

Visiting Ames

Started by Caldor1999, May 08, 2006, 02:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor1999

what ames has any one been to whener it was open or vacant so far ive been to the one in carmel ny the pic are on the storelocater and just last mouth i went to see teh [palwing ames which is now being torn down
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

beachgal26

It's funny that you would bring this up because I have been to stores in MD, PA, FL and a few more in my travels.  I wish that there was some way to find out if any of these stores are still standing.....  

Since I live in Memphis now (thank you very much..), there appears to have been no stores in this area which I find very odd.  The average demographic for years as been geared toward the mid to lower income bracket and Ames would have fit right in with their bargain hunting and weekly specials.

;) ;) ;)

jmcnamara96

ive been to Lowell Mass Bridge Street and the Salem NH one

AmesNewington

I only had been to three Ames. My family regularly shopped at the Newington, CT Ames (my mom looked forward to do the Christmas shopping every year there, including Bradlees). We also occassionally shopped at the Rocky Hill, CT Ames. It was nice to have that store nearby if the Newington store didn't have an item, which happened a few times. The third one would be in Old Saybrook, CT. I went there only once while my family was camping in Salem, CT.

Marc82

I've been to 4. Southington, CT (which was our local store. We lived in Bristol). Brattleboro, VT (we used to vacation up there a lot), Newington, CT (when we were doing shopping on The Turnpike), and one in Agawam, MA? (I'm not exactly sure if it was the one in Agawam). We stopped there one time on the way back from visiting my aunt and uncle. They live in the Feeding Hills section of Agawam.

momof3

Newington Ct of course the most since i live there.  Southington Ct alot too.  Rocky Hill and then once or twice one off of 95, think it was in Waterford.

TRJ22487

Ones I went to most during the 90's/early 00's

Brattleboro VT
Marlborough NH
Springfield VT
Walpole NH
West Lebanon NH
Winsted, CT

I liked the West Lebanon one the best because it had been Rich's. I probably went to the Springfield one the most. I'm bummed to see there's no pictures in existance of the Springfield location at all! Same with the Grand Union that was next to it.

But I went to plenty more of them multiple times. I was amazed to recently learn there was one in Claremont, NH because I've had a very vivid childhood memory of something happening in a Claremont Ames with a red logo, but I always thought I was remembering it wrong because a Claremont Ames never existed. I lived in Claremont for years and only remembered Walmart and Kmart, but seeing the picture of the abandoned Ames in that shoddy little plaza brought the memory surging back and made it valid to me that it really did happen. That Ames had to have closed in 1991 at the latest, when I was no more than four years old.

rjstheiv

I have been to both of the West Mifflin ones and both of the Bethel Park ones.