Carousel Center

Started by bargansbythebagful, May 03, 2006, 12:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bargansbythebagful

Carousel mall in Syracuse has:
Kaufmans (Macy's)
Best Buy (First Best Buy ever in an indoors shopping mall)
Circuit City
Sports Authority (3/4 of old AMES store :-()
Lord and Taylor (If closes with Macy's deal, rumor is a 2 story Target Store)
JCPenneys
The Bon Ton
2 Floor H&M
2 Story Borders

In addition to these anchors the mall also hosts nicely sized
Abercrombie and Fitch (Largest in the region)
Old Navy (First Old Navy store ever in an indoors shopping mall)
17 Screen newly renovated Regal Cinema (Whole 3rd floor/4th if you include basement)
Nice sized Steve and Barry's

Problem is a lot of stores are closing/have closed (Guess, Foot Locker, Kaufman's Furnature, EB, of course gotta mention AMES, Godiva chocolate.) If they want to build DestiNY USA, they gotta fill the current mall
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/8693/dwightasjimxk7do6.gif">

amesman

I doubt DestiNYUSA will ever happen. It's been talked about for 7 years, and nothing's been done. The project as a whole would take years to build, and the money to be paid by taxpayers is atrocious. Besides, who would want to come to an indoor theme park/mall in the middle of winter in Syracuse, New York? Anyone want to answer that?

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by amesman
I doubt DestiNYUSA will ever happen. It's been talked about for 7 years, and nothing's been done. The project as a whole would take years to build, and the money to be paid by taxpayers is atrocious. Besides, who would want to come to an indoor theme park/mall in the middle of winter in Syracuse, New York? Anyone want to answer that?

I went to syracuse 6 weeks ago and it said coming soon destiny USA!

It would make no sense to have the largest mall in america be there.

store215

It is really stupid for anyone to try to build malls at this time. The biggest problem is, there isn't enough stores to fill them, especially with chains pulling out of malls almost every week

Caldor1999

well now adays more malls are looking for stores that are not dept stores idk it it would be a good idea but i say go ahead and do it
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

amesman

It's never gonna happen, at least not for another 20 or so years. The piles of steel beams that were put in front of the mall were just put up for show. The metal isn't even cut right for building(as told to me by a guy at the mall who works for a construction company). I was in Syracuse a couple weeks ago, and everyone I asked about what they thought about DestinyUSA, all gave me negative comments about it.

powersbt

I'll take a stab at it. Who would want to come there?? In that case, who would want to go to the current largest Mall in the US in the Middle of Winter, which is where?? Minnesota. You and I both know that the economy in upstate New York just plain sucks. They (Pyramid and Syracuse) are looking for ways to improve the economy.

Do I think it will happen?? Yes I do. It won't be next year, or probably even 5 years from now, but Pyramid is in no position to give up yet. There's a lot of other issues that need to be dealt with before they decide the quality of the beams that will be used to support the structures.

Finally, DestiNYUSA, is much more than an addition onto Carousel Mall. It is a huge revitalization of a large area of Syracuse. In fact much of that area is an eyesore, and it involves a polluted lake. Look at where Carousel was built. On a dump. Its plans call for other forms of commerce besides shopping and retail.

QuoteOriginally posted by amesman

bargansbythebagful

I work at Abercrombie and Fitch at carousel, we hear the rumor why stores are pulling out left and right is because the pyramid company wants all stores to renovate their stores and they want rent to go up.  this was one of the reasons why Guess went out.  Newly closed this week: Kaufman's home store. (Macy's didn't want it I take it).  Theres still a good chunk left of the old Ames store that Sports Authority didn't want.  Malls are in trouble.  The new way of life it seems is outdoors open air malls.
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/8693/dwightasjimxk7do6.gif">

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by bargansbythebagful
I work at Abercrombie and Fitch at carousel, we hear the rumor why stores are pulling out left and right is because the pyramid company wants all stores to renovate their stores and they want rent to go up.  this was one of the reasons why Guess went out.  Newly closed this week: Kaufman's home store. (Macy's didn't want it I take it).  Theres still a good chunk left of the old Ames store that Sports Authority didn't want.  Malls are in trouble.  The new way of life it seems is outdoors open air malls.

there is no guarentee that Destiny US WILL HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DONT WANT STORES TO CLOSE BECAUSE THIS IS SUCH A GOOD MALL. I WENT THERE LASt march and I LOVED IT!!!

d_fife

carousel mall that was built in fall 1990 and I was there march 22, 2006 and one of my pictures has a sign that says coming soon destiny USA. They want to expand this mall and make it the largest one in america. I told my dad this and he finds it overly ambiouts (I also find 50 to 60 percent of syracuse RUN DOWN and in the southwestern part I almost got jumped by someone, but the traffic was not too bad and is the same as Albany, Rochester and Buffalo). and my dad finds it vanity. they have tried to expand this mall for 10 yrs. This mall killed all the older malls. jc penny, kaufmanns and lord and taylor want to fight hte mall due to the imment domain thing. I LOVED THIS MALL ALOT. I headr that they had a warner brothers store. This mall had a huge carousel. the best buy was lechmere and I heard this was the final bon twit. I WONDER WHAT THEY WILL PUT FOR stores in the mall once expanded if it ever coems (i heard there will be stuff like an artificial lake and aquarium) the mall had a wierd way of getting in. they want to remodel this mall, but it looks nice enough! kuaffmann's men store closed and kauffmanns will become macy;s. WIll nordstrom come? I have never seen any in the state of NY because they are around NYC (I will discuss this in the general stuff of why) what more will come? they even have circuit city and best buy in the same mall!!!!!!!!!!!! this borders was one of the bigger and better ones I have  been to.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
carousel mall that was built in fall 1990 and I was there march 22, 2006 and one of my pictures has a sign that says coming soon destiny USA. They want to expand this mall and make it the largest one in america. I told my dad this and he finds it overly ambiouts (I also find 50 to 60 percent of syracuse RUN DOWN and in the southwestern part I almost got jumped by someone, but the traffic was not too bad and is the same as Albany, Rochester and Buffalo). and my dad finds it vanity. they have tried to expand this mall for 10 yrs. This mall killed all the older malls. jc penny, kaufmanns and lord and taylor want to fight hte mall due to the imment domain thing. I LOVED THIS MALL ALOT. I headr that they had a warner brothers store. This mall had a huge carousel. the best buy was lechmere and I heard this was the final bon twit. I WONDER WHAT THEY WILL PUT FOR stores in the mall once expanded if it ever coems (i heard there will be stuff like an artificial lake and aquarium) the mall had a wierd way of getting in. they want to remodel this mall, but it looks nice enough! kuaffmann's men store closed and kauffmanns will become macy;s. WIll nordstrom come? I have never seen any in the state of NY because they are around NYC (I will discuss this in the general stuff of why) what more will come? they even have circuit city and best buy in the same mall!!!!!!!!!!!! this borders was one of the bigger and better ones I have  been to.

mall has a glass elevator that makes you go high up and it reminded me of hte one in charlie and the chocolate factory.

d_fife

mall has a glass elevator that makes you go high up and it reminded me of hte one in charlie and the chocolate factory.

mall

d_fife

mall

d_fife

mall

d_fife

d_fife

d_fife

d_fife

d_fife

d_fife

d_fife

d_fife

d_fife

d_fife

d_fife